(July 2nd, 2009 - July 6th, 2009) Completed: August 2nd, 2009
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Operation: Mancatcher

Post by IskatuMesk »

Name: IskatuMesk

Synopsis;

Judicator Zilous is just chilling out, minding his own business, when suddenly a warp flux inadvertly thrusts him through the ruptured anus of the universe and thrusts him into a world full of mexicans and texan disco. Through a series of unlikely events, Zilous finds himself responsible for the survival of the galaxy and questionable material distribution everywhere. He must fight the deepest, grimiest horrors of the coldest, darkest corners of heck in an effort to get out of this ordeal with his life and dignity.

Gameplay concept;

Operation: Mancatcher will unlock the power of the iscript.bin to deliver a unique gameplay experience to the player. This will be a micro-intensive map that mimics gameplay from classic shooters where you must avoid hordes of enemy projectiles to accomplish your objectives. The gameplay will be heavily dialog-driven and completely voice acted.

This will be the first UMS map I've created in over eight years, so that alone should be reason to vote it #1!

The biggest challenge I expect to face with this project is simply being able to work on it.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Operation: Mancatcher

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have a part of the script written out so far. I was going to render some grps but then I couldn't find the .fbx files because windows 7 file search is TERRIBLE and can't file search file extensions so I needed to grab maya to port them and I haven't installed that yet because it's a pain and my DAD.

If you're unsure as to whether this is a serious project yet; yes, it is. It's just going to take some doing to get it on the road to completion.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

/update

I now have the preliminary script totally written out.
Last edited by Lavarinth on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campaign Creations
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Campaign Creations »

Approved.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have altered the original design plan for Operation: Mancatcher. I am ditching the shooter-styled gameplay idea and instead will be resorting to a more traditional map setup. My original plan, although perfectly plausible, is not one I feel will be ready for the deadline since it requires a lot of custom work.

But the new design will still be oriented around mod work, I just have to lower the purposed difficulty level for our judges.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yeah, not gonna work out. If this was a mod contest like I was originally told it was going to be, I'd be game, but as it stands I have no chance of winning and so there is no point in wasting my time with this.

butts
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

It was going to orginally. But as the judges don't rate content based on mod elements, it seems superfluous.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Based on the thread's mentions, the project will be considered disqualified for winning the contest.

However, the thread will still be open for any after-contest submissions.