I bought a macbook

A collection of past threads worth keeping for the community to read.
TPC
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: I bought a macbook

Post by TPC »

Feels better to me. Loads in like 5 seconds.
Blogger - http://www.worldofmatticus.com
Columnist - http://www.wowinsider.com
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

TPC, I thought I remembered you used to like bashing Macintosh for no specified reason. Do you remember why?
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

TPC wrote: sigh, okay, reduced viral susceptibility factor. But that doesn't matter anyway on whatever machine you use as long as your scanners are updated, you don't download bad things, don't visit bad sites, and delete bad emails. Happy?
In ym experience, the most dangerous viruses (dangerous as in easy to get) are on MSN messanger.
I got infected by a weak one, which was a bit tricky. i almost got infected by a very powerful one as well.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

An OS's security doesn't mean much if the user is an idiot, in that case the problem exists on other side of the keyboard.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
TPC
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by TPC »

Xenon wrote: TPC, I thought I remembered you used to like bashing Macintosh for no specified reason. Do you remember why?
You're right, I did. Because they couldn't play video games well or handle the gaming conditions that I demanded. Furthermore, the macs of old I had no love for. Wasn't interested in the iBook. iMac looks clunky. G5's too damn expensive.

If you're going to play video games, get a PC. I needed a laptop for school because when I'm taking notes in class, I had the hardest time trying to keep up with writing down the prof's notes and trying to understand what he was saying. I guess you can say I dropped $1400 because I'm really bad at note taking.

Computer labs at the University are almost always packed, but they have open wireless ports virtually everywhere.

Bottom line? Your computer should fit your needs, so pick the one that works best for you.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

chris wrote:
TPC wrote: sigh, okay, reduced viral susceptibility factor. But that doesn't matter anyway on whatever machine you use as long as your scanners are updated, you don't download bad things, don't visit bad sites, and delete bad emails. Happy?
In ym experience, the most dangerous viruses (dangerous as in easy to get) are on MSN messanger.
I got infected by a weak one, which was a bit tricky. i almost got infected by a very powerful one as well.
That's what you get for using the default msn client, which is well-known to be extremely vulnerable.
wibod

Post by wibod »

Doctor Doack wrote:
chris wrote:
That's what you get for using the default msn client, which is well-known to be extremely vulnerable.
No, that's what you get for being an idiot. The one he's referring to is a bot that hijacks the MSN client and send a link to all contacts that the person receiving has to download.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Thanks for proving my point.
chris

Post by chris »

Doctor Doack wrote:
chris wrote:
there is a non-default MSN client? o.O
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Zilla- »

there is a non-default MSN client? o.O
trillian ftw
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

TPC, you are going to get so much pie with the Mac girls in college class.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
TPC
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by TPC »

Damn straight. Already picked up two phone numbers the other day from chicks who needed help on their macs.

Of course I'm not qualified to help, BUUUUTTT...
AA7Dragoon

Post by AA7Dragoon »

...you are qualified to fit your thumbdrive into their USB port!!  Oohhhh!!!  Yes!  I went there!
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

You'd be surprised how often 'help for macs' translates into 'OMG WHERE IS TEH START MENU??'
Quirriff
Terran Barracks Laundry Master
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Post by Quirriff »

Don't Moch the Mac user Or the Mac Converted.

Hell, I'v recently set up my Computer to Dual-Boot Fedora Linux 7.