I bought a macbook

A collection of past threads worth keeping for the community to read.
Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Re: I bought a macbook

Post by Marine »

Mantidz wrote: I think I'll just kill myself before this thread does it for me.
I think this will.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

You have way too much time.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
Marine

Post by Marine »

Who says you got to much time at 8:30 in the night :).
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

Warbringer does. And I concur.
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Too bad I don't own a gun, lol!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

Marine 382BB wrote: Who says you got to much time at 8:30 in the night :).
hey nice gif. how did you make it? I would liek to make some of my own as well :)
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

IMO, Macbooks are better in every aspect than PC as far as students are concerned. Unless, of course, you're using like CIM software, in which case have fun buying a top of the line computer and not being able to use it for anything else.
chris

Post by chris »

tipereth wrote: IMO, Macbooks are better in every aspect than PC as far as students are concerned.
why?
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Marine

Post by Marine »

chris wrote:
Marine 382BB wrote: Who says you got to much time at 8:30 in the night :).
hey nice gif. how did you make it? I would liek to make some of my own as well :)
Stickman Animation.
chris wrote:
tipereth wrote: IMO, Macbooks are better in every aspect than PC as far as students are concerned.
why?
Macbooks dont have all the graphic and other great necessities that a PC has to play video games, they are good for file storage and graphics such as Photoshop. That Is what I believe.
TPC
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by TPC »

Theres the lack of virus susceptibility factor, its compact and quite powerful for my purposes. I don't need to wait a longass time for it to load. It handles Photoshop quite well alongside Word. I definitely need that for my Computer Science class where I have to take notes and practice Photoshop. It's also very light in my backpack which I also use to carry a backup clipboard in case I'm stupid enough to forget my power adapter and two textbooks. The battery life is kind of dismal with about 6 hours, but *shrug*.

The wireless is just so damn easy to use. I don't need to search for or manually configure my wireless. It just asks me that it's detected an open network: Join it or no?

It also comes with a handy remote so I can click through and watch movies or DVDs at the same time I'm raiding without having to move my touchpad and press a keyboard button.

You just can't beat the price of $1099 with the features it comes with. Sure the video card's lacking, but I have no intention of gaming on a 13.3 inch monitor anyway. I have no time for WoW in lecture. If I did, what the hell's the point of going? I'm sitting in there taking notes and referencing Wikipedia or spamming my friends on Facebook or talking to my classmates on MSN who're on the otherside of the lecture hall. Or I could be busy watching a 1 minute clip of the Office demonstrating the concept of classical conditioning because my Psychology professor wasn't able to explain it properly:

Then I look around the class and I notice there's some pretty cute undergraduate chicks who also have a Macbook. Never know! It's always a potential conversational opener (So... I see you have a macbook. Me too!).

More importantly, I qualify for Apple's educational discount and I get a free iPod Nano to boot ( I already have an iPod video, so I'm just going to give this one away).

Sometimes, its not always about the performance especially in academics. That's why I turned to my Macbook.
Blogger - http://www.worldofmatticus.com
Columnist - http://www.wowinsider.com
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Theres the lack of virus susceptibility factor,
Saying this is unique to macs is just an indication of user ignorance.
TPC
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by TPC »

sigh, okay, reduced viral susceptibility factor. But that doesn't matter anyway on whatever machine you use as long as your scanners are updated, you don't download bad things, don't visit bad sites, and delete bad emails. Happy?
Blogger - http://www.worldofmatticus.com
Columnist - http://www.wowinsider.com
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

Number one safeguard against any type of malware is being a smart, educated user. If you know what your doing on windows, its never going to be a problem. The last time I got a virus was on my old desktop, was when the computer was still shared in the household. No problems since then (yes, I have a AV scanner, but its never caught anything, I use clamwin, btw).

I've been thinking of buying a mac mini (and then installing winXP on it) solely because of it's small size, you can't get that kind of hardware outside of apple. But that'd be about it.

Also, I have an ipod photo loaded with this: http://encyclopodia.sourceforge.net/en/
That made it worth carrying around.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

For a student, assuming that you want to be like, studious, Macs are better. Honestly, PC's only advantage is a much greater potentail processing power, and hell, they have compsci labs for that.
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

To be honest when I used a Mac computer it crashed as much as the average windows computer that I used.

They aren't any better, advertising wants you to think they are better.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯