Satyr Saturday Replays Week 71 and up

Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Re: Satyr Saturday Replays Week 71 and up

Post by Mucky »

Repeating what I said on AIM:

The trigger adds a damage event that only fires for each specific new unit. Once that unit dies, its event will never fire again. It still leaks in the sense that there's no way to remove those events from memory (thanks obama), but the number of active events should remain roughly the same throughout.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

While I don't think we'll have enough done to warrant a playtest on Saturday, we are making little bits of progress. The scale of the work to unfuck the most major outstanding problems of the map (being the heroes and creep waves) is going to be a lot just to lay the foundations for.

I've set up a dedicated LoL thread here if you want to keep an eye on the work.

Currently I am having a huge and potentially devastating roadblock that is neodex can't open any existing models.

I believe I figured out how to delete excess frame data in mdlvis, but that really only helps CFA.

/edit

Okay, I've got Neodex importing some models.

I also know what's causing white spots to appear on some models, like the Draconisath Defender and the Holy Hell Hope Sword. I'll be fixing these where I deem necessary (I may be removing most of these old assets).

Currently I'm trying to set up a 3d pipeline and assessing how badly we need hit test volumes but, most importantly, how to even add them. I'm not sure most programs or people making models for the game even understand what hit test volumes are or know how to use them. I know virtually no one in sc2 does and those are right in your face.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

Stuff for CFA:

-Nerubian King will be removed next version. I could try to balance Web and Burrow, but I don't like his hero concept anyway (ffs 3 of its abilities are vanilla copypastes) and I'd rather just replace him. I have one such STR hero concept that I can try to get working for next SS.
-Warrier Man X's new ultimate has been fleshed out a bit. It channels for 60 seconds now, drains mana every second, and allied heroes can "pool" their mana to X by right-clicking on him while he's channeling. Size/speed/damage are all calculated by the amount of mana spent.

Here's a video of it.

[bbvideo=853,480]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4QAy_le6Nw[/bbvideo]
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

This video is private.
Revolta
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Revolta »

good video tbh.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

i blame youtube
m0g
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by m0g »

Satyr Saturday is a good name for this.
Whoever came up with that is a genius.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

whoever that is might be interested in showing up tomorrow night!!
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

changenut for cfa
  • Nerubian King has been removed from the game.
  • Black Knight has been added to replace Nerubian King. Black Knight isn't finished yet, so instead I made Warrier Man X available on both sides.
  • Fleshed out Warrier Man X's Holy Hell Hope Wave.
  • Reworked Lich's Flash Freeze. It is now a skillshot instead of point-and-click.
  • Increased damage on Lich's Frost Nova.
  • Modified damage text tag system to improve readability on constant damage effects.
  • Added a new rune effect.
After wasting a monumental amount of time, I've decided to scale back on the whole modular items idea. I'll still be working to allow some variation in which stat bonuses recipe items like Feral Claws and Firehand Gauntlets have, but the majority of noname/noicon items currently in the map will be gone.

also i finally fixed chain death coil
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I didn't notice Warrier Man X was available on both sides. I must be retarded.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

It would probably help if I didn't always wait until the last minute to post changes.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I've got a lot of crap to catch up on so don't be expecting for a playable LoL for a while. I've left the map in the hands of a very capable Emu in the meantime, but afaik he hasn't touched it in a long time yet.

I hit a really big snag when I was researching a new pipeline for WoW ports and I was told that WoD exports are not at all supported yet. I got into contact with a tool dev and, while I have a semi-functional import of the armored protodrake in max, there's some issues to iron out still.

Losing my mic and catching up on other work in the stead of LP's has really put me behind, so I'm probably going to segment LoL work out like I would Apex. My initial goal is to get an asset pipeline figured out because this is something I can do while encoding. Once the Emu figures out its destiny and what it wants to do with the map, I'm going to probably start from the ground up and rework the hero pick system to use a tavern, e.g. copy paste CFA, and prune 95% of the current heroes in the map. I'm not at a phase where I can devote a lot of time to JASS, so I'll try to fill the holes in a few I think can be completed and recovered and try to make the current ones functional enough to be enjoyable. Once I have 5 heroes per side working and updated to adhere to new skill setup (two ults, no attribute bonus, hotkeys etc) I'll work on the neutral hostile creep system a bit and get functional creeps to respawn. I'll also copypaste some other stuff from CFA, namely the engine handling the random spawns, and completely replace the currently useless timed inane spawns. I'll need to brainstorm my strategy on that system and figure out what I want those spawns to do, e.g. I want to keep them out of the main bases but maybe they'll roam through lanes over the new ramps.

Keep an eye on the loladin thread as I occasionally update it for specifics plans.

I would LIKE to have a semi-functional version for next SS just to put our dicks together and get a direction for this to move in.

/edit

Apparently there is a wc3 update coming that has a very real chance of breaking mpqdraft and killing this project.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

• Fixed an issue with flag-related sounds not playing.
  • EASYMONAY.wav no longer plays when bosses die of heart attacks.
  • Knockbacks will no longer send units into the black zones.
  • Modified ground bouncing on knockbacks. While not gone completely, it has been reduced. On a related note, fixed an issue where units would bounce mid-air. (It was a necessary evil.)
  • Gyrocopter is undergoing a significant re-haul. He's basically an APM monster now, potentially very fast with a lot of damage output. His strength has been nerfed to compensate.
Here's a video showing his new movement style.

[bbvideo=1280,720]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAOs8QoiwgQ[/bbvideo]

(Regarding the last part, that's getting patched out. That wasn't supposed to work to begin with.)
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

hopping
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

he hops as a boat too, it's quite majestic