Help the Wc3NewbieMapper-to-Wc3CompetentMapper.

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Help the Wc3NewbieMapper-to-Wc3CompetentMapper.

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Note : You will get full credit for any accepted content you submit.

Here's how you can help :

1) Correct the text in the tutorial maps

Since English is not my main language, I might either write my phrases incorrectly or write them funny. You can offer to correct the text of any number of tutorial maps you wish.

2) Create tutorial maps

The obvious one. Create tutorial maps to help complete the tutorial pack.

You pretty much have the following options for this task :

2.1) Make tutorial maps to fit the "newbie training" tutorial maps
    2.2) Make stand-alone extra tutorial maps which doesn't fit any standard path of teaching

While the tutorial maps are mostly focused on triggering, you can also submit a tutorial map of any other domain (modeling, cinematics, etc.)

Here's the current plan for the tutorial maps so you can guide yourself for the creation of tutorial maps. So far Chapter 0 and Chapter 1 are considered "complete" but still can accept more tutorial maps.

Chapter 0 (early Object Editor) :
Completed maps
To do

Chapter 1 (Simple Actions) :
Completed maps
To do

Chapter 2 (Events/Conditions) :
Completed maps
To do

Chapter 3 (Variables) :
Completed maps
To do

Chapter 4 (Various such as Leaderboards, Quests, etc.) :
Completed maps
To do

Chapter 5 (Cinematics) :
To do

Chapter 6 (Campaign) :
To do

Chapter 7 (JASS) :
To do

Extra map tutorials :
Completed
Potencial extra tutorials to create

3) Create text tutorials

You can always create the traditional type of tutorials however it is much more preferable to make any tutorial in map form if it is more pratical or logical.

For example, if it's about triggering, it is preferable to make it into a tutorial map instead. However, if it's about a modding tool then it will obviously be better to make it into a text tutorial.

4) Submiting improved versions of any current tutorial content

You are allowed to submit any improved version of anything specific if it is more improved in any sort.

5) Create "Show-off" maps & Sharing modding material

You can create maps to show off in any falshion. It's less about teaching than to show what can be done. This can include any combinaison of domains (triggering, moding, cinematics, etc.)

If you want to submit your models, skins or other modding material in map form to be openly used by others, that also fits in.

6) Find open-source maps

While specific tutorial maps can teach specific aspects in deep precision, a newbie can also learn a lot from opening complete maps and studying them.

If you are author of a map in question, feel free to submit the map directly. Otherwise, if you are someone that found an open-source map, give me the link so I can download the map and contact the map's creator to get his permission to add it in the pack.

7) Spread the word

It might not get your name in the credits but it does help to make this tutorial pack known to more people.

EDIT :

8) Suggest or request specific tutorials

You can suggest tutorials about whatever you want. Since there would be a real need for a specific one, potential tutorial makers will be more tempted to make it.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Re: Help the Wc3NewbieMapper-to-Wc3CompetentMapper.

Post by Zilla- »

I totally edit your text and shit during school. Expect new edits after every monday/wednesday.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: Help the Wc3NewbieMapper-to-Wc3CompetentMapper.

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Added :

8) Suggest or request specific tutorials

You can suggest tutorials about whatever you want. Since there would be a real need for a specific one, potential tutorial makers will be more tempted to make it.