I got hacked, but good news!

Dtox
Terran SCV Lube Technician

I got hacked, but good news!

Post by Dtox »

so i went online to play wow, but i noticed everytime i went on i would get disconnected from the server almost immediately.

so i went and changed my pass to my account, and was finally able to get online.

i THEN discovered that all of my gold was gone, and 1 character (73) was stripped bare of his stuff (thankfully it was a character i no longer use/had no intrest in), all other characters were fine except they lost all their gold (about 1500 worth) and most of the expensive items in their inv's were gone.

so i did the whole thing of getting a ticket through to get help, im not that worried about it cause blizz does return your hacked stuff.

BUT THEN, i noticed something funny

see, i found my main character (highest level character) in some place in outland, didnt know where cause i died very soon from adds and just rezzed myself at a spirit healer.

i then noticed that the bar with the arrow on the side of the screen that would represent a raid was displayed, and realized that my char was WITH someone.

i looked into my group/raid options, and saw A LEVEL 55 IN THE GROUP WITH ME.

he had taken my DK on a joy ride through a raid!

BUT I WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH! cause now i have his characters NAME!

im gonna do all i can to get his ass banned, dont know how and i dont care, but he WILL pay.
herpin mah derp like yeah
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: I got hacked, but good news!

Post by Lavarinth »

I recall perhaps two years ago I was randomly playing WoW and my cousin's account signed onto his main character. This would all be fair and normal in any situation- if my cousin still played. He hadn't played WoW in a few months, any communication with him led to no response. After a good week of this occurring I informed my cousin who purchased a month and signed on immediately after changing his password and to his surprise, he was in the middle of an ICC run, decked out with heroic gear and thousands in gold in his inventory. Whatever person had logged into his account boosted him tremendously, and free of charge. I assume the intention was to sell his character when ready but my cousin quickly took additional precautions... and has not used the character since. What a waste.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

I've been getting some hilariously bad phishing emails sent to my spam account.
Greetings,

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal World of Warcraft account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
https://www.battle.net/account/support/login-support.xml

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* Account name
* Account password
* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support/
World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2010

Please retain all history if you reply to this mail
Pay particular attention to the address that link actually connects to. I also like how Blizzard is conducting an "investigation."

Damn, some of the earlier ones have already been auto-deleted. Those were the best, as the broken English was quite entertaining.
Dtox

Post by Dtox »

Lavarinth wrote:I recall perhaps two years ago I was randomly playing WoW and my cousin's account signed onto his main character. This would all be fair and normal in any situation- if my cousin still played. He hadn't played WoW in a few months, any communication with him led to no response. After a good week of this occurring I informed my cousin who purchased a month and signed on immediately after changing his password and to his surprise, he was in the middle of an ICC run, decked out with heroic gear and thousands in gold in his inventory. Whatever person had logged into his account boosted him tremendously, and free of charge. I assume the intention was to sell his character when ready but my cousin quickly took additional precautions... and has not used the character since. What a waste.
lol wow, that really is a waste, id probably have to thank the guy (right before getting him banned :P)

but yeah, a little update, the same day i got hacked blizz responded to my ticket almost IMMEDIATELY, and just dropped all of the stolen stuff of all of my alts in all of their respected mailboxes.

and as a bonus, they caught the guy! HA!
herpin mah derp like yeah
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Nice, screams like a success to me, who knows you might of had a ton of achievements completed, hah
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator