Custom Promotable unit help

Wilson Kitsune
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Custom Promotable unit help

Post by Wilson Kitsune »

Recently I've been trying to create a map to emulate Warcraft 2 using frozen throne upgrades, creeps, and moddels to attempt to recreate warcraft 2 in unit choices, abilities, and tech tree using warcraft 3.

one problem I've been running into is how to make promotable units work properly like how the Troll headhunter can be upgrade to teh troll berserker.  Since I'm trying to be as accurate to WC2 as possible I'm making the knights able to upgrade to paladins for spellcasting and I've gotten the stats, upgade, benefits, and pretty much everything else working.   I've checked all the variables for this and yet I can't get the paladin icon to be invisible before the paladin upgrade is researched nor can I get the knight icon to turn invisible after the upgrade; I can't get the knight unit to change to a paladin unit after the promotion is used.

I've basically copied the texts for the headhunter to berserker promotion and created the upgrade, the related ability, and assigned them to the right units in the tech tree and even made the paladin trainable at the barracks, but I can't seem to make only one availible at a time, they are both availible if both prerequisits are met.

I may have missed something so if anyone can help me on this I would like help or I'll run into the same problem with archer->rangers, ogres->ogre mages, and Troll axethrowers->forest troll berserkers.  if anyone needs the map I'm working on pm me with an address I can email it to so they can take a look at what I'm doing and see if they can find the problem with it.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Custom Promotable unit help

Post by Lavarinth »

Not sure how relevant or useful this is, but have you have the buttons place in the same location?
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Wilson Kitsune

Post by Wilson Kitsune »

Yes I've done that.  I'm going over other promotable units too, like the siege engine -> siege engine barrage, to see what I might have done wrong
Wilson Kitsune

Post by Wilson Kitsune »

I got it working, I forgot to enable the paladin requiring the paladin upgrade to work, so I'll just do the same for the otehr promotables.