Loladins of Legend

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Loladins of Legend

Post by IskatuMesk »

I always thought Y had a weird skillset. Z at least made some sense.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

Bill's new spawn triggers still leak handles (4 bytes apiece). This isn't as much as not destroying the location, but it still adds up. You need to have "set (local point/unit/rect/etc variable) = null" lines at the end of the trigger to avoid handle leaks.

There is a disabled PolledWait. Keep this disabled because PolledWait is a Blizzard function that leaks. Dammit Blizzard  >:(

Also using CreateNUnitsAtLoc is inefficient when you're always making 1 unit. CreateUnitAtLoc is better.

Anyways I don't have much right to complain at this point because the old damage event system and physics system leak handles. I've been trying to rewrite most of my trigger stuff; hopefully I can get it working independently and put it in the re-terrained map all at once to avoid hundreds of 5-minute load times.
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

So wait... destroying variables at the end of a trigger isn't enough? Do you need to null first before destroying, or just null?

Since we're discussing the optimization of triggers, there's two things I'd like to add:

1) Try to replace all BJ functions with natives. BJ functions are stored in blizzard.j and are used in GUI triggers. They take variables in a reversed order and then call on a native function that does the actual work. In other words, they essentially act as a middleman. Since the spawn triggers are being rewritten in JASS, you can cut the middleman and call on the natives directly.

Take a look at "call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( GetLastCreatedUnit(), "attack", t )." The actual IssuePointOrderLocBJ function is as below.
function IssuePointOrderLocBJ takes unit whichUnit, string order, location whichLocation returns boolean
    return IssuePointOrderLoc(whichUnit, order, whichLocation)
endfunction
Actually, this isn't the best example, because this function does absolutely nothing except call on the native function with the exact same syntax. However, it is a useless function and you can clean it up just by removing BJ from the function call.

2) Polled waits. Never use them. Use timers instead. That's actually why WBM will randomly bug out and not remove collision from X, because the polled wait function bugs out and I guess the trigger doesn't carry out any actions afterwards.

Speaking of X, after playing him again, I've decided that I want to redesign some of his skills as well. His overall playstyle would stay the same, unlike Z or Y. I'll write up a draft of their abilities tommorow or whenever.
Last edited by Mucky on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

Setting to null before destroying won't work (remember the Gore collision bug caused by setting to null before doing other stuff?) You have to null after destroying if it's a local variable unless it's a non-handle type like real, int, boolean or possibly string. Globals don't need to be nulled.

Edit: Here's a thread on the subject.

I think the wait bug might be caused by something else, not the wait itself. For example, I'm pretty sure the original Muscular Augments was bugged not to remove the aura because it used (casting unit), and sometimes functions like that don't work properly after waits (for example, i broke that by channeling Shaft of Backdooring).
Last edited by Xenon on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

Xenon wrote: Bill's new spawn triggers still leak handles (4 bytes apiece). This isn't as much as not destroying the location, but it still adds up. You need to have "set (local point/unit/rect/etc variable) = null" lines at the end of the trigger to avoid handle leaks.
Interesting.  I had never heard of this before.  Fortunately, that should be a pretty easy copy + mass paste to fix it.  I'm hopefully going to be studying most of the night (I say "hopefully," because I really need to, but I have a tendency to get distracted :P).  So I'll poke Mesk tomorrow about whether or not he's made any changes in the map, so I can either fix the one I have already, or if he needs to send me a new one to fix.  Or just lol.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Defiler hero!

[/end random posting]
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I haven't made any changes yet so go ahead.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

Something I came up with:

The dudeapult. It's an immobile unit that auto-targets allies and enemies, drags them in with a tractor beam like Mucky's skill, and throws them over walls to a pre-selected position that can be changed at any time. An arc of arrows (lightning effects) shows the current trajectory to all players.

Currently it causes the launched unit to take damage equal to 25% of its current HP, but this can be changed rather easily.

Also it targets units using Phoenix Fire, so other Phoenix Fire abilities may cause odd behavior.

Could be useful for an ultimate or as a summon item. Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Could certainly has its uses. I wonder if it could be used for a boss somehow.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

hokay new skillsets, first up Z

Skill 1 - Corrosive Bile

Launches a disgusting wad of snot at an enemy, dealing 1.50x/1.75/2.00/2.25xAGI damage to it. Causes the targeted enemy and any nearby enemies to take 5/7/9/11% extra damage. Lasts 25 seconds and has a cooldown of 5 seconds. Can be cast multiple times on the same unit to layer the effect. Mana cost: 25/35/45/55

Basically this is like the Devourer's attack from SC. Subsequent casts would ideally increase with diminishing returns.

Skill 2 - Spawn Broodling

Deals 75/150/225/300 damage to an enemy. If it dies, two broodlings come out. The broodlings last 60 seconds. Cooldown of 10 seconds. Mana cost: 85/100/115/130

Yeah, I'm gonna drop the whole queen thing from Z. The stats of the broodlings will be lower than they currently are, since this ability has the potential to spawn more of them.

Skill 3 - Muscular Augmentation

Keeping this the way it is.

Ultimate - Dark Swarm

Spawns a reddish-orange cloud at a targetted area. The cloud protects Z and any allied units by reducing all incoming damage by 30/40/50%. This only works if the source of the damage is outside of the cloud's AoE. If the damage source is also inside the cloud, damage is unmodified. Deals 15/25/35 damage per second to enemies inside of the cloud. Does not affect structures. Does not reduce damage from epics, world bosses, or Isador/Dread. Lasts 12 seconds and has a cooldown of 60 seconds. Mana cost: 175 across the board

-------------

Next up, X's skillset

Skill 1 - Wooden Blade Matrix

Deals 2.50x/3.00x/3.50x/4.00xSTR damage to all units in a 225 area of effect around X. Does not disable X's other abilties or grant magic immunity. Plays spin animation for roughly a second. Deals physical damage rather than magical. Does not affect structures. Cooldown of 5 seconds. Mana cost: 90/105/125/150

When X was first designed, WBM disabling X's other abilities and giving magic immunity were unwanted effects of Bladestorm. Furthermore, the current WBM deals 400/500/600/700 damage over the course of 5 seconds. Late game, X's regular attack could probably deal more damage over that time, and late game is where he is supposed to shine. With this change, WBM has a higher potential to deal damage, but it loses magic immunity and no-collision, and will be quite mana-intensive despite its short cooldown. Also, keep in mind that while the multipliers seem high, you gain +2 damage for each primary attribute point, rather than the usual +1, and these numbers are taking that into account.

Skill 2 - Holy Hell Hope Sword Spec

I personally don't like this passive. What I'd like to do is have it be a 15% chance to deal 1.75x damage or whatever, which then triggers the attack speed bonus, similar to how Flurry from WoW works. I could also have the crit work with WBM. Or not. Also, I intend to recode the attack speed bonus in a way that works more favorably with Deus Ex Machina. Speaking of which...

Skill 3 - Deus Ex Machina

The only change here is that, since no-collision from WBM will be removed, this spell will have it instead. I mean, it makes sense, because he is swimming in mid-air. It's just imperative that X has a spell that removes his collision because he is really fat and gets stuck in creeps ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Also because it's hilarious to summon allies on cliffs, in the middle of an enemy creep wave and in Lord Dread's box.

Ultimate - Recall

I'm not gonna do anything to this skill.

Aaaand that's all for now. Still have no idea what to do with Y.

EDIT: I should also mention that I'll be the one doing all of this. I'm just posting it here so you guys can leave feedback regarding balance and such.
Last edited by Mucky on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Arcan »

gj listing mana costs DUMB HEAD
[imgwh 275x155]http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/omgarcan/5c1e32e9bc2242cca51e957475e529825a4.gif[/imgwh]
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

HKS threw me a void hero skill idea I think I'll put to use as an evil hero for sure. LOL STEPPING iN TIP'S TERRAIN

Gunthalak - Void Devourer

Void Pocket - Basically shadow immolate.

Soul Feast - Every time Gunthalak gains a killing blow on a target, he gains a % of damage. Somewhat like in Dota. Except, when he reaches a certain cap of killing blows, he'll fucking explode and deal damage based on his max health. Every time he kills a target, he becomes 2% larger, too (Until he explodes).

Void Grip - Basically Pudge's hook and Oros' to-be-added grapple. Except it passes through allies. Or this could be something else. Unsure.

Ether Feast (Ultimate) - Creates a dummy unit that'll stick onto the Void Devourer and be invisible and stuff. Every time an enemy casts a spell, this'll zap them. When an enemy gets zapped, the Void Devourer will gain a small portion of mana.

And some more heroes from LoL:2042...

Evil

Marcus - Demoniac

Marcus is a human who betrays the elves and summons a bunch of pit lords that cast starfall on each other. He's not a very friendly guy.

Endless Rage - Every time Marcus hits someone, he gains a portion of mana. He always has maximum 100 mana, so this is basically a cheap WoW ripoff. He starts off with this ability. I am not sure how this will scale, or if it scales at all. It has a single level.

Hateful Strike - A frontal cleave attack. This will deal damage based on the more targets that are in front of Marcus. It deals a % of his base damage. Uses 20 rage. This has a 2 second cooldown.
Soulstrike - Strikes an enemy for an amount of damage based on the nearby amount of corpses. Uses 30 rage. If this kills a target, Marcus gains bonus rage instead. This has a 4-6 second cooldown.
Intercept - Must target an enemy nearby an ally. If it hits the enemy, it'll throw him aside and deal base damage + generate 20 bonus rage. Has a minimum range.
Focused Hatred (Ultimate) - Gathers energy for an immense strike on a melee-range target, ideally stunned by an ally. If it hits, it'll do a large amount of damage based on Marcus' strength. If this kills the target, he gains max rage. If it doesn't, he loses all rage.

Syrius

Agi-Int hero. Syrius is a powerful Underworld hero. She is basically a hero killer with some utility. I imagine she'll also be handy for killing world bosses with high melee damage at hand.

Telegank - Teleports to a targeted unit and appears behind them, landing a strike with +50/100/150/200% base damage.
Double Strike - 10/20/30/40% chance to strike twice in one attack.
Precision Strike - Lands a critical strike on a target dealing 1.2x/1.4x/1.6/1.8x damage and leaves behind a dot that reduces enemy armor by 10/20/30/40%.
Cloak of Skill - Renders Syrius completely immune to spells for 3/4/5 seconds. This also means ally's heals.

Mal`Gammagan

Mal`Gammagan, the "Fire Dragon" demon king of the underworld. Basically a giant burning dragon and probably the last of the heavyweight STR heroes for the time being. As one might guess, he sets people on fire.

Flame Whip - Lashes a distant target with a whip of flame and deals damage based on int. Sets enemy on fire.
Burning Wind - Launches a wave of searing wind and pushes back enemy targets. Deals a maximum of 300/400/500/600 damage total to combined targets. Kind of like one of Mucky's skills in cockfighting arena. Also sets enemies on fire for a short duration.
Searing Presence - Lights enemies on fire who get too close.
Assume True Form - Transforms into the Fire God, a giant burning dragon. Targets who are on fire anywhere in the map (including those lit on fire by scorpies or other such things), friend or foe, receive bonus DoT damage. While in True Form, Mal`Gammagan gains a bonus ability - Fire Pillar. He channels all of his mana across 5 seconds then creates a spiraling wall of fire that smashes into a target location and hurls all enemies high into the air on a pillar of flame. When they come down, they suffer considerable damage and are lit on fire. Level increases effect and Fire Pillar damage.

Zukkura - Nightmare Hunter

Zukkura is an immensely powerful demon hero in Eternity. He is int based, melee, with moderate health and a slow attack.

Feed - Feeds upon an enemy's fears. The lower health they are, the more effect this has. Drains enemy life and mana and gives it to Zukkura. Fair cooldown.
Aura of Nightmares - Reduces enemy health/mana regeneration in a radius around Zukkura. Additionally, every 10 seconds, Zukkura "redeems" a body nearby, like the Paladin's redemption in Diablo 2, which gives Zukkura a small portion of health and mana.
Overpower Mind - If Zukkura has more mana than an enemy, he dumps all of his mana into a huge damage spike on that target. If he had 1-50% more mana, the target is dazed. If he had 51-100% more mana, the target is stunned. After 2-3 seconds, 5/10/15/20% of the mana difference is returned to Zukkura. If he does not have more mana, he wounds the target with no extra effect and half damage at the cost of half his mana.
Boundless Horror - Horrifies all enemies nearby Zukkura, giving them a 20/30/40% chance to miss their attacks. Any enemies that die nearby Zukkura while this is active will explode and deal aoe damage to other nearby enemies. This can be used to help push waves or kill enemy heroes in a large battle.

Jamidr

Underworld hero from Loladins of Legend campaign.

Heavy Swing - Swings his hammer at an enemy. If Jamidr has more than triple strength of that target, he'll punt it 500/1000/1500/2000 distance and deal a large amount of damage. If he has more than double strength of that target, he'll punt it 250/500/750/1000 distance and deal moderate damage. If he has around the same strength, he'll only deal moderate damage. If the target has double or more agility than Jamidr, this attack will miss. Has a 1 second "cast" in which the enemy may escape during swing.
Commanding Presence - Boosts damage output and movement speed of nearby non-boss units.
Clobber - Clobbers an enemy with a high-arc strike, stunning them and dealing str-based damage.
"Electric Bogaloo!!" (Ultimate) - Shout. Summons a mass of Zeppelins to appear and spawn a pile of spiders on top of a target. Additionally, all nearby creeps will focus fire on the target.

Kraden - Ascendant

Demon hero in the LoL campaign involved with the reincarnation of the Doom God. Int-based with a ranged attack.

Word of Faith - Blesses a target, but not himself, with increased armor and damage output for a moderate duration. If used on an enemy creep, has a 20/40/60/80% chance to convert them to the Forces of Evil (Not a mind control). Doesn't work on epic units.
Divinity - Ressurect a nearby ally's corpse, including heroes (if that's even possible). Level reduces cooldown and raises the % of health the ally ressurects with.
Grasp of Doom - Summons a Grasp of Doom, a powerful tentacle with a melee-ranged attack. This unit is immobile but deals immense amounts of damage. The tentacle has a 20% chance to rape a target, dazing them.
Gaze of Doom - The ground around Kraden lights aflame and hurls all enemies aside. Kraden rises into the air, and becomes empowered by the Doom God, becoming a vessel of his will for a short duration. When he lands, he'll have 20/30/40% increased stats and an orb effect that has a chance to cast a spell similar to Lord Dread's Wrath. All enemy creeps nearby become feared and all allied creeps receive considerable bonus attributes.

Loladin Heroes

Sir Magicpants

Sir Magicpants wields nothing but his trusty pair of pants and a giant fucking sword. He has no active skills - only passives. Therefore, he is a hero of luck and timing.

Pants Mastery - Sir Magicpants gains bonus armor for every level of this. Additionally, this also grants him magic shield.
Relentless Assault - Sir Magicpants gains a random chance to deal AoE damage to targets nearby using the whirlwind animation on attack.
Pandemonium - Sir Magicpants has a random chance to launch his target (not including ancients or bosses) anywhere from 50 to 500 distance and deal double damage.
Denial (Ultimate) - Every time Sir Magicpants is attacked, he has a random chance to gain 20/30/40% bonus damage for a short duration.

Captain Planet - Planeteer Godfather

Captain Planet, a planned Legendary Loladin hero for 2042.

"Captain Planet!!!" - Shout. Nearby allies gain 10/20/30/40% bonus attack speed at the cost of 5/10/15/20% armor. Nearby enemies are dazed.
Arcing Smash - Any targets directly in front of Captain Planet are dazed and dealt 1x/2x/3x/4x base damage.
"Protect the environment!" - Shout. Nearby allies gain 10/20/30/40% armor and lose 5/10/15/20% attack speed. Nearby enemies are silenced.
Planeteer Power - Summons the power of the Planeteers, transforming Captain Planet into Captain Universe. His attacks throw huge shields that bounce off of enemies. Levels increase effect.

Mobius, Soljitsu Arcanist

Drake hero. Int. Ranged. Pew pew.

Focus Willpower - Targets an enemy. If that enemy does not leave a short radius around him in 5 seconds, this ability will deal maximum damage. If he leaves, it'll deal a portion of its damage. Deals damage based on int. Not sure if it should be channeled or not.
Psychic Hammer - Smashes an enemy, throwing him backwards in relative to the Arcanist. Throws 200/300/400/500 distance and deals int-based damage.
Mind Blast - Aoe attack. Bounces non-ancient enemies randomly around and deals random int-based damage. Has a chance to stun, daze, and silence random targets. Chances and radius improve with level.
Arcane Power (Ultimate) - Greatly improves Mobius' int for a short duration and instantly restores his mana when used.

Rexxar

Rexxar.

Wild Axes - Wild axes.
Furious Axes - Throws axes that bounce off of dudes and gain speed for every bounce. Capable of 5/10/15/20 bounces before being destroyed.
Heavy Axe - Hurls a axe that digs into an opponent and throws him backwards with the axe still in him. If he hits something, like a wall, he'll be stunned for 1/.1.5/2/2.5 seconds and dealt bonus damage.
Axestorm - Bladestorm, except it fires wild axes in all directions as it channels.

I got some others but I'll save em for later.
Mr.

Post by Mr. »

btw aren't there like 42 heroes already in there that need to be... you know... I would say fixed, but that would imply that they were in a somewhat working order to begin with :P
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

What model would the devourer use? Also I need to make the existing void heroes more better.
Last edited by tipereth on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

Armored Voidwalker that i'll probobly do sometime.