Loladins of Legend

UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Re: Loladins of Legend

Post by UntamedLoli »

If anything its going to get smaller or only get slightly larger.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

So, Tipereth said a few weeks ago that you wanted me to get the physics system working, right? It seems to be working to my liking at the moment (freaking 3rd version of it) along with the 2nd version of the projectile system and a system to index units and give them damage events.

However in order to get any LoL map back to you it would be a huge help to be able to upload it somewhere (namely CC or SA).

Also, much of the loading time in the map is caused by custom object data and Blizzard's ridiculously inefficient way of loading it. There is a "widgetizer" that converts custom data into .slk files that load immensely faster, but still mangles some tooltips despite numerous attempts by PitzerMike to fix the bug.

Unfortunately, Worldedit refuses to open custom .slk files in maps so just opening a widgetized map tells you a bunch of units are unknown. When run, the widgetizer creates patches for both the editor and WC3, including stuff in the map like custom models. Opening Worldedit with this shows the units properly.

However I'm not sure you like the prospect of having to use a patch to open the map properly. You could, however, use the widgetizer on release maps, then use the WC3 patch it creates for the game, and simply open the widgetized map to delete its imported files. The tooltip issue remains, though, so it's your choice.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Used widgetizer before. Caused a load of bugs with more than just tooltips. Won't use it again. Get a faster computer is all I can say. Otherwise, be patient.

I honestly don't know if it would be worth it having you go through the work of fucking with the physics system now of all times. The chances of ever gaining steam on this map again are virtually non-existent. At the current stage it is, it would take a considerable amount of work to get it playable again, including a tavern hero system and a bunch of other misc stuff like triggering and region handling for all of the sublanes to keep creeps from backdooring them, fixing spawns, some other pathing-related stuff (stopping creeps from cutting corners is one of the major annoyances), and other such garbage. It's too much for me to pick up WE again, try to remember how to do this stuff, then go through the retarded amount of work to get it working again. And that's just so it works; heroes and graphics and the two major features I planned are another story.