How to....Lots of WorldEdit quiries

mikael_schiffer
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

How to....Lots of WorldEdit quiries

Post by mikael_schiffer »

Hey guys, i am new to this forum. I am an avid fan of the Warcraft series and i think Warcraft 3 :TFT is the best RTS till now.

I have been tinkering with the WorldEdit thing, and i am wondering--

1)How to increase the level cap of a hero in a map/scenerio.Like make a hero(even enemie heroes) go up to level 20,30... ???

2)Some maps made by other have really cool items.Like a Claw that does 100 damage, or Cloak of Flames that does 30 damage instead of 10. HOW THE HELL DO THEY CHANGE THE VALUES?? ???

3) Cant we make ordinary units into heroes? ???

4) ANd how to make some Hero/Unit skills more powerfull(like Holy Light healing 1000 HP) or make the skill level go higher than 3(like Holy Light lvl 4,5,6...) ???
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Re: How to....Lots of WorldEdit quiries

Post by Zilla- »

Most of those are in the unit(object?) editor find the icon for it and fiddle around in there.
mikael_schiffer

I fiddled around, but i cannot change the values, like attack damage and all.
I think it has got to do with the Trigger Editor..but everything so complicated. Is there no guide on the net?
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

There are but it has nothing to do with triggers. Trust me it's in there
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

mikael_schiffer wrote: 1)How to increase the level cap of a hero in a map/scenerio.Like make a hero(even enemie heroes) go up to level 20,30... ???

2)Some maps made by other have really cool items.Like a Claw that does 100 damage, or Cloak of Flames that does 30 damage instead of 10. HOW THE HELL DO THEY CHANGE THE VALUES?? ???

3) Cant we make ordinary units into heroes? ???

4) ANd how to make some Hero/Unit skills more powerfull(like Holy Light healing 1000 HP) or make the skill level go higher than 3(like Holy Light lvl 4,5,6...) ???
Note : The following presumes you have Warcraft 3 : The Frozen Throne and not just the original Warcraft 3. If you don't have the expansion then you will simply not be able to do most of the stuff from below.

#1) It is in the Gameplay constants, when your WE initially loads, search in the main menus for "Advanced" and then Gameplay constants will be in the sub-menu.

Once in Gameplay constants, don't forget to check "Use Custom Gameplay Constants".

#2) Basically, it is under the tabs of "Items" and "Abilities" in the Object Editor. To access the Object Editor, it is in the main menu of "Modules" of the main WE window.

You need to know that items are basically tied to specific abilities.

For example, the item "Ring of Protection +2" relies on the ability "Item Armor Bonus (+2)". The item's reference to the ability causes to put the ability's effect on the item thus in other words you need to modify the ability at the very base (and potencially have to assign this ability to the wanted item's abilities if the item doesn't have it).

You can simply check "Abilities - Abilities" of a item's properties to which ability/abilities. As far I remember, War3 only considers 3 passive abilities (ex : stat boosts) and 1 active ability (ex : some spell that must be manually used) of an item.

#3) If you want make new custom heroes, you need to base your new unit on an existing hero.

#4) Find the corresponding ability from the "Abilities" tab in the Object Editor then you can modify many values you wish including the two you mentionned.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Milldawg
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by Milldawg »

To elaborate on #3, you will have to make a new custom hero based on an existing hero and then modify all of its properties to match whichever unit you wish to make into a hero.  For example if you want a Footman hero, you could make a custom Paladin and then change all of the Paladin's key statistics to match the Footman's.  There are some things that you would not want to change, such as base damage and base armor and armor type, though.
mikael_schiffer

Tjanks to ye all.. i ll print this page for reference.If i have troubles, ill come back again