Custom Upgrades

Blake
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Custom Upgrades

Post by Blake »

I remember somebody mentioning that you cannot make custom upgrades with the tft world editor, but I believe I've managed to make a few, what exactly what did they mean or where they simply mistaken?
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: Custom Upgrades

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Blake wrote: I remember somebody mentioning that you cannot make custom upgrades with the tft world editor, but I believe I've managed to make a few, what exactly what did they mean or where they simply mistaken?
It depends a lot on which sense.

Back then, I believe some custom upgrades didn't work properly or had trouble with triggers (ex : a custom damage upgrade that didn't increase via a trigger that normally would have so with an original one). Not sure if it's all fixed or not.

In addition, similar to spells, you cannot make a totally brand new special upgrade without trigger support if you want really fancy things that the Object Editor don't have at its core (ex : someone give some kind of 3rd/4th resource, unit-type auto-split into 3 parts after upgrade, etc.)
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

It could be that they said it's impossible to reverse (that is to say, un-research) upgrades, which is true.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Xenon wrote: It could be that they said it's impossible to reverse (that is to say, un-research) upgrades, which is true.
In that case, definitively and it can be annoying in some specific cases.