Unselectable units

Blake
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Unselectable units

Post by Blake »

Is there any other way of creating un-selectable units besides giving them the locus ability, what I mean by un-selectable units are units that cannot be selected at all, not just units that can't be targeted....
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Re: Unselectable units

Post by Xenon »

The only other way I've heard of is to create a dead unit and set its hp to something greater than zero (or 0.405 to be exact) so that the game considers it alive for animation purposes. Chances are it will still be untargetable too, though.
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

Could just give units locust and also make them invulnerable.
Blake

Post by Blake »

Xenon wrote: The only other way I've heard of is to create a dead unit and set its hp to something greater than zero (or 0.405 to be exact) so that the game considers it alive for animation purposes. Chances are it will still be untargetable too, though.
How would you do that?

What exactly do you mean by "create a dead unit"?
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Blake wrote: How would you do that?

What exactly do you mean by "create a dead unit"?
I presume it's basically a dead unit that somehow looks like a real one except you can't select it since it's technically dead.

His method implies to create a pre-dead one and then giving it 0.405 life or something to "bring it to life".

Although maybe you also could try to make a trigger to create one, kill it and right after to pause his death animation. Not sure if it would work but it could be worth a try.

Although if you want a pure hidden unit that can cast spells from "nowhere", locust + invulnerable is still your best bet.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.