Custom Ability....

Blake
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Custom Ability....

Post by Blake »

I was attempting to make a custom ultimate that enhances a hero's abilities for a short period of time, this was done by giving the hero an altered metamorphosis ability to the hero which transformed the hero into an identical hero who had a disabled spell book ability which had an altered engineering upgrade ability in it.

Well at first everything seemed to go smoothly, but then I noticed that if an ability was cooling-down right before the hero turned back to normal all the regular abilities which were learned became unlearned...

Tried to fix this with a trigger that made that reset the ability cooldowns right before the hero would change back, that doesn't always seem to work...now im running out of ideas...
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Re: Custom Ability....

Post by tipereth »

Try using a dummy ability and giving the hero the spellbook (and removing it) via triggers? Metamorphosis can make some pretty wacky shit happen.
Blake

Re: Custom Ability....

Post by Blake »

tipereth wrote: Try using a dummy ability and giving the hero the spellbook (and removing it) via triggers? Metamorphosis can make some pretty wacky shit happen.
It works if you just do it through triggers, I know cause I've tried it before, but the whole point was to preserve the expiration timer..., and it doesn't look like it might be possible at the moment...
Last edited by Blake on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.