•Overmind Rising•

(December 27th, 2007 - March 24, 2008)
timmieswe
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

•Overmind Rising•

Post by timmieswe »

hello! Heres some stuff about my new campaign to the contest!
"The only Zerg survivor (thats not workng whit Kerrigan) happends to be a Cerebrate... this Cerebrate has succesfully created an Overmind and another Cerebrate (you) he is old and the creation of the overmind and you has taken a lot on his strength so you will have to do almost all the work whit protecting the Overmind..."
Well as you may understand this campaign is almost all about the Zerg...
for now there are 6 maps ready and I am working in the seventh, which is a space platform map. (wont say anymore about it :p)
It is (to me) a good story ( maybe because I did it...) and I made so many different map types...
In starcraft, where you choose what map to make it is a sqare in front of the name and behind it so it will come somewhere at the bottom... Dont give it less points for that! Its just to make it easier to find among all of your maps on Starcraft...
What more too say?
I am confused... What race should I play as? Send a message of what u think and why...
Good luck in the Starcraft mini  campaign contest... :D

Look at this, amazing! http://www.maxfreak.com/starcraft2/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/starcraft_army.jpg
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: •Overmind Rising•

Post by Legion »

What more to say, eh?

Well, we're interested in seeing things you've done. SHOW us what you've made instead of telling us. Maybe some screenies. Do you have a hero / character list?

But now for my reaction - from what I understand, the player is a Cerebrate who's teamed up with another Cerebrate and together they've 'made' a new Overmind. Note that this concept HAS been used in BroodWar. Not a problem, though.

I'd say, show us more and I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more.

By the way, I didn't understand the part about the square, but if it doesn't affect the campaign itself, I'm pretty sure it won't hurt your chances.
timmieswe

Post by timmieswe »

The sqare doesnt affect the campaign maps that much...
If you start your starcraft then click single player then ok then custom game There you got the list where you will see teh sqares... This will make tha maps coming somewhere at the bottom...
thats good, right? Finding your map easily.
I will come up whit some Screenshots soon... maybe even today! :D
I am confused... What race should I play as? Send a message of what u think and why...

Look at this, amazing! http://www.maxfreak.com/starcraft2/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/starcraft_army.jpg
timmieswe

Post by timmieswe »

And no, I havent thought of having Heroes in my campaign as a main character... That place is already taken by The Overmind... But there will be some Heroes that you will controll in some maps...

Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Aha.

Well, good luck and hope to see more in the coming weeks!
Revan
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by Revan »

Zerg campaigns are always good, as they are rare. Looking forward to your project!
Signature can be found here.
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Looking forward to seeing screenshots and content!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Marine »

Revan wrote: Zerg campaigns are always good, as they are rare. Looking forward to your project!
What I have seen really rare are Protoss campaigns.

Cant wait for screenshots.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

That's probably cuz it's harder to create a believable Protoss or Zerg story than a Terran story. Blizzard hasn't given us as much details on them as they did on the Terrans - and still do.

I'm making a Zerg minicampaign, but it's really hard to get things clear and believable. I mean, they're BUGS! :D
timmieswe

Post by timmieswe »

"Ok, then moment of truth! Gotta start my SC - Broodwar and take some screenshots so all of the people on Campaign creations can see my work!
Starting StarCraft------Worked perfectly
Taking screenshots------Worked perfectly
Looking which screenshots who are the best-----Does not work!!! OMFG!? What am I supposed to do?"
This is cinda of what happend today and I now need someones help... please!
When i am trying to open my screenshots it says like this file cannot be opened. Please try some other program. (My language on the computer is Swedish and this is like how I think it is like in English... Go easy it)
And I tryed like all o my programs that was able to show pictures... (Even Paint  :P)
Well this isnt working please some1 help me!

timmieswe

Post by timmieswe »

And yeah, Zerg campaign are more difficult to make but more fun playing... (Who can get enugh of seeing tons of Zerglings attacking a Terran base?)
But when I Blizzard has left some info out I come up whit the most belivable thing I can....
Still haven´t got any help whit the screenshot problem allthough it was almost 1 minute since I posted it!!  :P

timmieswe

Post by timmieswe »

Yes you are seeing right, the same guy writing 3 posts in a line!  :o
But  I just wanted to inform you that the most work on this campaign is done in staredit (even more  :o :o)
and yeah I think this will be my last post untill any1 else writes something....

Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Wtf.

First of all, there's a MODIFY button, which BEGS to be used by you. Second, I don't get half of what you're saying, but I understand you're having trouble making screenshots. Just open StarEdit, blot out of the minimap and take a screendump --seriously, how hard can it be?

Good luck.
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

Legion wrote: That's probably cuz it's harder to create a believable Protoss or Zerg story than a Terran story. Blizzard hasn't given us as much details on them as they did on the Terrans - and still do.

I'm making a Zerg minicampaign, but it's really hard to get things clear and believable. I mean, they're BUGS! :D
making a zerg campaign is quite easy actually. Just think "daggoth" in your mind and come up with something. Protoss is actually the most difficult.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Legion wrote: Wtf.

First of all, there's a MODIFY button, which BEGS to be used by you. Second, I don't get half of what you're saying, but I understand you're having trouble making screenshots. Just open StarEdit, blot out of the minimap and take a screendump --seriously, how hard can it be?

Good luck.
I concur. Follow forum rules respectfully.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator