Battle of Ahman-ro(working title)

(December 27th, 2007 - March 24, 2008)
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Battle of Ahman-ro(working title)

Post by Lavarinth »

CONTESTANT IS APPROVED- SUFFICIENT UPDATES.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Revan
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by Revan »

My weekly update...well, screenshots would just spoil the story, I don't have sounds (yet), so have fun with the second map ;D Less dialogue, more gameplay. Bugs will happen. I playtested it with my friend and I guess it has the right difficulty. I can still work on it if necessary. I could upload more missions up to the 5th now, but meh, one is enough. ;)

Edit: Removed the map for additional editing. Some dialogues were not serious enough so I'm going to rewrite them. Gameplay also needs a revision, especially in the second part.
Last edited by Revan on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature can be found here.
Aquila
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by Aquila »

I've downloaded your first mission. The briefing was AMAZING! Unfortunately, I was, like Legion, unable to see the in-game dialogues. I hope it'll be easy to change, I'm very curious about your story. Keep up the good work, you little Overmind:)
Revan

Post by Revan »

Aquila wrote: I've downloaded your first mission. The briefing was AMAZING! Unfortunately, I was, like Legion, unable to see the in-game dialogues. I hope it'll be easy to change, I'm very curious about your story. Keep up the good work, you little Overmind:)
Thanks. Yeah, I decided to use the Overmind portrait for myself ;) Unfortunately, I don't think that the other briefings will be as good as the first, but I will try.The second wasn't funny for example, but I will edit it.

Anyway, to have a weekly update, I'm not going to attach my third map for now, even though I think that it is the best so far in my completed maps (1-6). Instead, because of the requests I will send my first map again, this time without color codes. In my opinion it looks ugly now but if this is the only way to run it on every computer then it shall be ugly. Also, because my maps won't have a big size, I might as well make a colored and colorless version, and upload both of them.

By the way, my schedule is the following:
-in February, I shall complete the last maps
-in March I will do the final polishing and some modding things (changing portraits, giving Igzil a nice plasma shield etc) and maybe, just maybe, custom unit voices

Voice for a female hydralisk...yeah, right...

Enough of this rant. If you couldn't play this before, then here it is, send a comment for me if you want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Revan

Post by Revan »

There isn't much to upgrade this week. Fortunately I had more time than usual, so I could work on the trigger-heavy maps. It's not like I don't enjoy triggering, but I hope I can finish this as soon as possible. Screenshots, as usual, won't be included. ;D
End of transmission.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

UPDATE REQUIRED BY MARCH 3RD
- - Lavarinth
Revan

Post by Revan »

Weekly update:

I certainly spent enough time with designing the installation and the space maps. The second to last map is a huge 256x256 map with lots of triggers so that will take a while until I'm finished. I'm nearly at the end of the mapmaking, but after that I will have some basic modding to do as well. If you can play a campaign which doesn't have an award-winning storyline and/or doesn't hate zerg and protoss then you will surely like it. ;D

End of Transmission.
Last edited by Revan on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revan

Post by Revan »

Update:

I'm almost at the end of the last map. All that is needed now is to debug and test the maps. Two weeks should be enough, because the maps don't have a complicated gameplay and I also have an active friend to help in this. There will be things which I couldn't achieve but I can return to this campaign later.
Revan

Post by Revan »

Update:

I'm almost done. I have been very busy with debugging, but I will be done with this, I will probably upload it on Friday.

Although I would have a question. I've just recently found out that death counters are much better than the wait commands.  Using the basic hyper-triggers so a trigger with 62 "wait for 0" 1 "preserve" and 1 comment, and there are 4 hypertriggers like this in each map, how many times do the triggers get checked in one second, on normal speed? It would be very important for certain triggers which I want to get activated every 1 minute on normal speed.

Edit: never mind this question. I've calculated it myself, so it should be fine now. But I have another question now. I can easily use Mpqdraft, but if I make a mod it only runs on my computer. Starcraft is installed in C:\Program Files\Starcraft for me. Now I tried to run it on my friend's computer who has a different installation path for Sc. There was an error about the path of starcraft.exe: "Unable to locate the target to patch". So, if I make an exe with Mpqdraft then will it only work for one specific installation path?
Last edited by Revan on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Was the EXE in the Starcraft folder?
- - Lavarinth
Revan

Post by Revan »

It was, actually. I would just like to have my mod to run on every computer. How do you do that? Do I have to type in something? I attached a screenshot about my Mpqdraft. Should I type something into the parameters field?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

So you created an MPQ using the MPq to replace files and you're attempting to turn it into a SEMPQ (exe) to run off any computer, correct? There's an older process of creating an MPQ and EXE but that's.. Old.
- - Lavarinth
Revan

Post by Revan »

Well, I created a mpq for testing purposes and made a sempq from it. The two files are attached. I don't know, maybe it was just on my friend's computer. If it runs for you people, then there is no problem. That small exe just gives a plasma shield for the hunter killer and the Alan Schezar units. Worked fine for me. And by the way, if it's a problem, I can delete these posts, because it's starting  to be a chatroom now ;)
Jadefang

Post by Jadefang »

Revan wrote: Well, I created a mpq for testing purposes and made a sempq from it. The two files are attached. I don't know, maybe it was just on my friend's computer. If it runs for you people, then there is no problem. That small exe just gives a plasma shield for the hunter killer and the Alan Schezar units. Worked fine for me. And by the way, if it's a problem, I can delete these posts, because it's starting  to be a chatroom now ;)
Hi Revan, I tried your exe, but it did not work for me (fatal error, the MPQ could not be loaded). I have a similar problem, I want to make a minimod, i.e. give certain units detection capabilities and cloak, and it would be so nice to just create an EXE that runs on every computer. I read the programs section, and I am trying to create an MPQ with Winmpq. Good luck with your project, looking forward to Monday.
PS: Are you hungarian (looking at your screenshot)?
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

The SEMPQ worked fine for me.  Loaded a map with a Hunter/Killer and it had shields enabled.  Didn't check for Alan though.

EDIT: Alan's got his shields too.  No problems with it here.
Last edited by Thalraxal on Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.