Dark Swarm (working title)

(December 27th, 2007 - March 24, 2008)
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Re: Dark Swarm (working title)

Post by omega20 »

Hey! You have done a great work in this campaign. Congratulations. ;D ;D
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Thanks! Though I'm less content with it now than I was before, after close inspection and discovering some bugs or dialogue things that irritate me.  I had real fun making it, though, and I want for (especially) Vail Sterling to have his character develop and flesh out more.  Don't know when (or even if)  that's going to happen.  Glad quite a few people liked it.

-Legion
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Legion wrote: Thanks! Though I'm less content with it now than I was before, after close inspection and discovering some bugs or dialogue things that irritate me.  I had real fun making it, though, and I want for (especially) Vail Sterling to have his character develop and flesh out more.  Don't know when (or even if)  that's going to happen.  Glad quite a few people liked it.

-Legion
While quests of perfection might be tempting, you can easily lose too much time trying to perfect it in every sense of the word. You also have to consider that I did unpluck all your campaign's bugs I could like a merciless bastard rather from the eyes of a common player.

In my book, if we exclude the two critical cases, it was pretty much perfect already to me in all honesty even if there are still a few very minor bugs and typos there and there.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Wow, thanks man. Yeah, the two critical bugs were a real bummer (I really was convinced I had played it all the way through myself!! :D ). Oh well. I'm not here to win, but to enjoy it! And I did.

Looking forward to the next event... There is a next event for Starcraft, right? :D
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Legion wrote: Wow, thanks man. Yeah, the two critical bugs were a real bummer (I really was convinced I had played it all the way through myself!! :D ). Oh well. I'm not here to win, but to enjoy it! And I did.

Looking forward to the next event... There is a next event for Starcraft, right? :D
Sources point to most likely.... *Gets knocked out by gnomes*
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

Ricky_Honejasi wrote:
Legion wrote: Thanks! Though I'm less content with it now than I was before, after close inspection and discovering some bugs or dialogue things that irritate me.  I had real fun making it, though, and I want for (especially) Vail Sterling to have his character develop and flesh out more.  Don't know when (or even if)  that's going to happen.  Glad quite a few people liked it.

-Legion
While quests of perfection might be tempting, you can easily lose too much time trying to perfect it in every sense of the word. You also have to consider that I did unpluck all your campaign's bugs I could like a merciless bastard rather from the eyes of a common player.

In my book, if we exclude the two critical cases, it was pretty much perfect already to me in all honesty even if there are still a few very minor bugs and typos there and there.
I agree. Legion deserves 1st place.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Heh, thanks, but I don't think mine's worth 1st place.

I think the resolution is due anyday now. Although I'm going to see it next week, since I'll be gone for a week.
Eredalis
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by Eredalis »

Wow!! What a incredibly brilliant campaign. Very good work and a more than deserving first place. Beside the excellent voice-acting I have liked particularly two allusions from other very popular campaigns:

1. "Looks like the coast is clear..." ==> Trent Aster in Korhal Connection: Mission 1 "In Medias Res" (Antioch Chronicles - Minicampaign)

2. "UNKNOWN" ==> The Oracle?! (LotC)

With your permission, Legion (and of course CC.org), I would introduce Dark Swarm with pleasure on the
biggest german fansite of StarCraft: instarcraft.de
Of course, with reference to CampaignCreations and their unique mini-campaign contest.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Eredalis wrote: With your permission, Legion (and of course CC.org), I would introduce Dark Swarm with pleasure on the
Of course, with reference to CampaignCreations and their unique mini-campaign contest.
You mean link directly to his page? ;) We prefer our projects downloaded at the hosting site to let our authors have a better estimate of popularity.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Eredalis
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by Eredalis »

Hi Lavarinth!  :)

Well, to explain it more exactly: The whole thing will appear in the form of a news on instarcraft.de, (should be clear, I think^^). Then I would put two links, one to the main side of CC.org, so that our visitors and Community members, especially the younger ones, the unique campaign archive of CampaignCreations get to know, and of course a direct link to the small website of Legion, for download.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Eredalis wrote: Wow!! What a incredibly brilliant campaign. Very good work and a more than deserving first place. Beside the excellent voice-acting I have liked particularly two allusions from other very popular campaigns:

1. "Looks like the coast is clear..." ==> Trent Aster in Korhal Connection: Mission 1 "In Medias Res" (Antioch Chronicles - Minicampaign)

2. "UNKNOWN" ==> The Oracle?! (LotC)

With your permission, Legion (and of course CC.org), I would introduce Dark Swarm with pleasure on the

Hey, thanks! The "coast is clear" was deliberate, but the "UNKNOWN" was because I didn't know a better title. Sterling's voice was a sort of a tribute to Auspex' Trench Aster (although nowhere near that quality, of course).

By all means, introduce it, but the technical stuff that comes with it is really Lavarinth's department.
Eredalis
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by Eredalis »

Yes, right. I had completely forgotten this to mention: Vail Sterling sounds real like an infested Trent Aster... First I had thought, Auspex would have made available his voice personally... :o

Okay, if the news is published (within the next time), I will briefly announce it in this thread here, so that all of you can throw a short look on it...

Cheers,
Eredalis
adamnesico
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by adamnesico »

I don´t know if Ishould post a new thread in the starcraft section...
I´m playing Dark Swarm, VISTA doesn´t enable the .exe file, the DOS cheat doesn´t run. Arriving at the chapter 3, I rush the base red, after some reinforcements fall, When I go to the blue base, isn´t researched, the larvas doesn´t mutate, I only fight with the garison forces, seems as the haven´t researched, while I atacked the red base nobody atacked me, and I´ve researched a overlord upgrade. There´s any AI file inthe .exe who is required to play the campaign?