LotC BINK Movie Help

Your destination for all things related to the Legacy of the Confederation series, including StarCraft, Brood War, and StarCraft II editions.

Moderator: The Oracle

Jayborino
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

LotC BINK Movie Help

Post by Jayborino »

Anyone have any idea how to extract the LotC movie (between mission 18 and Fallen Angel) from the self-executable? I'm currently unable to record it due to it changing my resolution. I used to be able to record things like this with UScreenCapture though a graphics driver update seems to no longer allow it. I could keep working backwards through drivers, but wanted to throw a hail mary here if anyone has any idea how to either get it to run in a window or somehow get the raw BINK file out of the executable.
Jayborino

Re: LotC BINK Movie Help

Post by Jayborino »

Cancel that, I downloaded the BINK video tools that apparently still exist (luckily) and figured out how to extract it, then can play from a local version of the BINK player which runs in a window! Woohoo!
Eredalis
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by Eredalis »

So I guess you're gonna upload this vidfile on your channel, then?! :plz:
Jayborino

Post by Jayborino »

Indeed! I'm glad to have taken the time to get all these missions working as now others can experience them who otherwise wouldn't have been able to get the maps or the vidfile to work.