Lotc II map unwinnable

Your destination for all things related to the Legacy of the Confederation series, including StarCraft, Brood War, and StarCraft II editions.

Moderator: The Oracle

chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Lotc II map unwinnable

Post by chris »

I can't get through LegacyChapter17.scx

The goal is to escape the ship (or something)
to do that I must destroy the generators in the engineering room
to do that I must get something from the communications room
to get in the communications room I need a senior officer which is held in detention
THE DETENTION ROOM DOES NOT WORK!
There are no cells, there are no prisoners, all there is is a constant wave of soldiers coming at me from 4 doors at the end of 4 hallways. I have a civilian at CNC stand by one of the switches of the door and have my soldiers in detention move all around the area, nothing whatsoever happens. I tried to move the civilian to different cell switches and then scan the detention area. Again, No response.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? or is this a bug?
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Jadefang

Re: Lotc II map unwinnable

Post by Jadefang »

Hi Chris,

This map is my favorite of all LotC maps alltogether. The part in the detention rooms is indeed very tricky. In oder to relieve prisioners, it is necessary not only to have the civillian in CNC, that is only 50% of it. At the same time, while you activate the switch in CNC, you must have troops next to the exit of the cells. The cells are not obvious, like a separated room with a door or so, but rather look for how the wall looks like. At those spots, where you can see bars in the wall decortion, there you can liberate the prisioners. It is quite tricky to get them out, but it does work. Once you have troops a the right spot at the right time, the prisoners will get free and be generated on the map. But definetly, have a lot of troops there to protect them.

I can tell you that once you liberated Wainright, the best part of the mission is yet to come. Especially a very cool announcement of Ra'Check later on is going to make worth your efforts. In my opinion, this is the best installation map of all indoor scenarios I have ever seen.
chris

Post by chris »

thanks! that did the trick!  :D
[quote="Zilla-"]
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
chris

Post by chris »

Stuck again :(
This time on map 21. the last LotC map.
I can't defeat the 3rd guardian!
All he does is spam the area with dragoons before I can finish off the green ones.
He should be renamed Spamathan...

Anyway, could someone tell me how to defeat him before I get spammed to death?
[quote="Zilla-"]
[/quote]
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

The key here is to take out the purple dragoons first while there aren't a lot of them. 

The purple ones make all the others invincible for 5 seconds when they die.  The fewer dragoons shooting at you during this time, the better.

Then, focus on the red ones, destroy them to spam more until Traeneth's power is exhausted and they'll stop multiplying, then focus on the blue ones until they stop spamming.

Where you will run into trouble is if you kill reds and blues at the same time (doubling the dragoon count) and then kill purples and make the huge dragoon army invincible.
You haven't lived until you've edited 5,000 recorded .mp3's of dialogue!
chris

Post by chris »

So...you are saying I should save the green ones for last?
ok then...

Yay! it worked! ^^

SPOILER WARNING
I managed to win LotC II. All I can say is....wow, I seriously can't believe "he" played a part in all this. I mean what, the oracle (thats basically you, lol) managed to leech into the keepers, the confed, the zerg, everybody!

And now he, what, broke out? I really wonder what happens next.
All I can say is that the only way that the oracle can be stopped now is if everyone allies together....something which will never happen....

Edit: Hey oracle, if you are going to remake the last LotC map, please make sure to change the name of the dragoon guardian to Spamathan or  win32/ProtossGuardian.worm.
Last edited by chris on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="Zilla-"]
[/quote]