LOTC 10 - Dark Discovery

Your destination for all things related to the Legacy of the Confederation series, including StarCraft, Brood War, and StarCraft II editions.

Moderator: The Oracle

wingyuu
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

LOTC 10 - Dark Discovery

Post by wingyuu »

I'm having trouble with one of the puzzles in this mission. Directly after you change into medics, you have to set off a series of switches to get past many otherwise locked doors. I've tried for maybe 2 hours now, reverting to different saved states every once in a while, trying to get the last guy to the beacon. I can only manage to get 2 of them there and it seems that some of the switches operate differently based on what other switch is already active. Any help is greatly appreciated.
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: LOTC 10 - Dark Discovery

Post by The Oracle »

The trick about this which, in hindsight, is not intuitive enough I don't think, is that you need to bring two of the medics to the end first. The beacon at the end actually operates the door at the beginning. Then leave one medic at the end and bring one back to help the third one through the maze.
wingyuu

Re: LOTC 10 - Dark Discovery

Post by wingyuu »

Thanks. I figured it out. Some of the switches only activate from a specific direction (as in which direction the medic is coming from to open the door). After I figured that out, it didn't take much more time.