Wich campaigns play for reproduce the ScII plot&experience?

adamnesico2
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Wich campaigns play for reproduce the ScII plot&experience?

Post by adamnesico2 »

My computer isnt strong enough for Starcraft 2, and I like the original Starcraftt, so...
I was wondering if I could simulate the plot experiences of Starcraft 2 by playing fanmade Broodwar campaigns.

Well, comes to my mind the next:
·Wings of Liberty:
Revolt against Mengsk: Cruzada Blanca. Rise from Ashes: EPI. Uprising EPIII
War against Kerrigan: The Revengers
·Hearth of the Swarm:
Kerrigan retaking the Swarm: Yells of Freedom EPI. The Last Cerebrate.
War against Mengsk: Legacy of Kerrigan?
·Legacy of the Void:
Retake Aiur: Reclamation of Aiur. Rise from Ashes: EPII
War against hybrids: War of the tribes. Empire Wars EPIII. Yells of Freedom EPII

Other campaigns are suggested?
Wich plotlines I dont know?

Well, as most of the campaigns mentiones were conceived as a nexus between broodwar an SC2, another option could use a fanmade campaign conceived as the resolution of history.
Wich would be better, Huncraft, the Hybrid Chronicles, Empire wars, Uprising...? Any other?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Wich campaigns play for reproduce the ScII plot&experience?

Post by IskatuMesk »

The Rexxar bonus campaign in wc3 is the genuine Starcraft 2 experience with a larger budget, more experienced voice actors, and a much thicker plot! It even has a higher difficulty mode and a deeper gameplay experience to it. Once you play this epic campaign, you won't settle for second best!
Drunk Swede
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Drunk Swede »

MANBEARPIG!

Also to be serious for a moment, you can have the true SC2 experience fairly easily. You just need to dig out your razor blade, your cocaine, snort the cocaine off of the razor blade, and then go across the tracks rather than down the street.
Andrea Rosa
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by Andrea Rosa »

War of the Tribes by Gabriel Sorrel provides a nice post-BW storyline, and it's also quite fun to play.
blazin

Post by blazin »

Quite late response, but assuming you haven't played most if not all of the campaigns you mentioned in your post, I am going to give my take on some of the campaigns I know.
adamnesico2 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:25 amHuncraft
I found the maps to be repetitive. Small enemy bases scattered around big maps with no effort put into terrain detail whatsoever. It was quite similar to the Retribution addon due to the overall lazy map design. The plot and dialogue was awful to say the least, just like in the campaign ''The Revengers''
adamnesico2 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:25 amEmpire wars
Poorly balanced. Maps are unfairly difficult due to the repeated pattern of enemies having infinite recurses mixed with insanely big bases that take up for example 60% of the map and I'm pretty the last ones are literally impossible. Allegedly this campaign is soppused to be played with a mod published on moddb rather than in vanilla but I'm not sure.
adamnesico2 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:25 am the Hybrid Chronicles
Never heard about it.
adamnesico2 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:25 amUprising.
The one made by StratosTygo? I'd say compared to the rest of campaigns mentioned in your post it's a decent choice.
Andrea Rosa

Post by Andrea Rosa »

Interbellum by Juxtapose is another well-made campaign set between BW and SC2, I recommend it to everyone.
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

If you're looking for a good sequel campaign, then everything Andrea Rosa mentioned is what I recommend. However it seems you are looking for a campaign that offers the same feeling as StarCraft 2 in terms of presentation and gameplay. For this I recommend the following: vile egression, resonance, Fallen angel, Fall from grace, and if you can handle insane difficulty I also recommend flame knives.