Strange Campaign Editor Error

Epimenides
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Strange Campaign Editor Error

Post by Epimenides »

Hi folks. I needs help.

When I tell a trigger to create or remove units, it always creates or removes multiples. Usally, it creates or removes double the amount I specified (e.g. 2 Zealots instead of one), but triple the amount has happened to me as well.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks in advance.
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Re: Strange Campaign Editor Error

Post by Church »

How many players are the triggers set to? Not 100% sure as I don't ever do that, but I'm reasonably confident that affects how many units would get spawned.
Revolta
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Revolta »

Triggers that create/remove/move N units (where N is an integer) will work differently if you have more than one player selected, as church said basically the arithmetic is N times P (where P is number of players).

So if I have a trigger to spawn 6 marines at anywhere for player 1, but it's owned by players 1 and 2, then the math would look like 6x2 since there are 6 units (N) and 2 players (P). So twelve marines would spawn at anywhere instead.

If youre having trouble setting up the triggers to work just use switches and keep all spawns triggers under one player. A lot of maps have been released that use regular spawns with death cunters so you can look to those for reference, I would stay away form most campaigns though since the only one to do it in memory was Vile Egression and that handled it very poorly (hypertriggers in spawning triggers 1o1)
Epimenides

Post by Epimenides »

Yeah, I wanna set up some base defense funmaps and programming unit spawns can be real tricky :/

I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I have a friend who helps me playtest the maps ^^
Revolta

Post by Revolta »

if you have skype I can add you and help directly, or provide a quick example map
Epimenides

Post by Epimenides »

That's okay, thank you. I wanna figure it out myself. I like doing things my way ^^