StarCraft Fan Campaign Listing

Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Re: StarCraft Fan Campaign Listing

Post by Church »

Mods won't work with starcraft remastered. You need a separate install of Brood War version 1.16.1.
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

I wish there was a (Remastered Compatible) label for things that don't use custom stuff. I wish to play them all!!! Well, at least those that are compatible with remastered.

I have also updated Starcraft:Aftermath

Cleaned it up a bit, and removed the loud music.
http://campaigncreations.org/forum/view ... =69&t=1718
Church

Post by Church »

Cool to see you've updated Aftermath! Unfortunately, I'm not updating this campaign listing anymore. The most up to date hosting can be found here, which would be a good place for your Remastered Compatible suggestion, which I like a lot.

I suggest a second installation of SCBW for 1.16.1 so you can play mods, by the way. As long as your remastered folder (or exe) is renamed, mods will know to use the 1.16.1 exe.
Revolta
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Revolta »

Arkanis
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Arkanis »

This is a fairly interesting finding. I used to play many of these long ago, and I surely see them under a different perspective now.

Curiously enough, I remember having played several of those whose links are still being looked after. I don't know if I may have these but I may take a look at my archives.
Arkanis

Post by Arkanis »

Well I attempted to post a comment here a couple days ago, but it hasn't been approved yet so it isn't showing up.

Basically I said that I find this thread enormously useful and that I remember having played many of these campaigns in the past, so having a list compiling them all is a really nice touch. I also said that I may have some of the campaigns listed as "still looking" [for download link], and that I would take a look in my archives since I remembered having downloaded and played a lot of campaigns throughout the last decade.

Well, I have checked it and I can say I DO have some of these. Particularly, I have all campaigns authored by Drake Clawfang (I think I downloaded them back when BlizzForums was still extant. This was many MANY years ago). Particularly, The Mar Sara Missions Episodes 1 and 2 (there was also supposed to be an Episode 3, but this was never released), Templar Archives, Assassination of Angus Mengsk, Rescue of Jim Raynor, Fall/Rise of Fenix and Operation Turncoat. Some of these are stand-alone maps and not campaigns, though.

I found I have a lot of campaigns stored in my archive, though I would have to check one by one whether they comprise all those in the list or if there could be any more.
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

Holy crap are you serious? Please PM me immediately with links to them. The main reason I have not put the Drake clawfang campaigns on my QA spreadsheet is because too many of his campaigns have been missing. I'm ready to add them for reviewing as soon as you've send me the files.

Do you have any other campaigns besides the ones made by drake?
Arkanis

Post by Arkanis »

chris wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:58 am Holy crap are you serious? Please PM me immediately with links to them. The main reason I have not put the Drake clawfang campaigns on my QA spreadsheet is because too many of his campaigns have been missing. I'm ready to add them for reviewing as soon as you've send me the files.
I guess so. I remember getting all of them from BlizzForums (can't remember the year, but I'm fairly sure it was 2010 or earlier), so they probably went down with the site. Luckily, I stored all of my old SC archives within a secure external drive, so they have survived all of this time.

I can send these to you right now. I hope Drake doesn't mind. I actually find their work very valuable, since they did a great effort at trying to complete some bits of SC history. You can also see the progress in their work, with the Mar Sara Missions probably being their most promising piece of work. A pity Episode III was never released.
chris wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:58 am Do you have any other campaigns besides the ones made by drake?
I have A LOT of campaigns, from a time when I used to lurk the Internet for any custom made campaign. There used to be some sites that stored a massive amount of UMS maps and campaigns, though many of them were... ugh.

The vast majority of those I have are already in the list though, and I think the list has some campaigns I don't have myself. But it's possible that within the vastness of my archives there could be some campaign not in there. I'd have to check that one-by-one as said.