[Campaign] Chronicle of the Beast

Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

[Campaign] Chronicle of the Beast

Post by Pr0nogo »

Chronicle of the Beast is a completely original fan-made campaign crafted solely by me... and the voices inside my head, if you count those....

Anyhow, the campaign, while incomplete, is very much in active development. One mission has been finished and another is well on the way to completion. I've already posted a video that showcases a then-incomplete version of the first mission and the modification that comes with. A download for the map and mod is available.

Some notable reasons that show that this campaign is not 'just another StarCraft campaign' are...
-The campaign is completely voiced.
-It is accompanied by a game-changing modification that, in the future, will affect even melee play.
-It has received positive feedback before reaching the 'alpha' stage of development.
-If you don't play it, I will amass a horde of zombie ninja warriors from Christmas time and violently [expletive deleted].

Without further ado, here is a pair of videos for your viewing pleasure. If you're thinking about downloading and playing Chronicle of the Beast, you should check out the first video. If you've already played, but wish to learn more about the project as a whole, I suggest watching the introduction to the first video (first eight or so minutes) and the entirety of the second video.

Enjoy!

And here is the download link, for your pleasure... and for a zombie ninja warrior-free life. Hope you guys like MediaFire sendspace!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lsp4u9

Let me know if you encounter any issues with the map or mod, and leave your comments! I answer all questions and reply to most all sensible and intelligible comments, so don't be shy!
Last edited by Pr0nogo on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Re: [Campaign] Chronicle of the Beast

Post by Thalraxal »

I'm sorry, Pr0nogo, but I really want to see that Christmas-themed zombie ninja warrior horde of yours. I'm going to have to pass.

(more seriously, I don't have access to my fat old CRT monitor right now, and I can't stand playing SC1 on my new monitor. It doesn't like 640x480. Still, when I get a chance I will check this out. Good luck!)
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Thalraxal wrote:I'm sorry, Pr0nogo, but I really want to see that Christmas-themed zombie ninja warrior horde of yours. I'm going to have to pass.

(more seriously, I don't have access to my fat old CRT monitor right now, and I can't stand playing SC1 on my new monitor. It doesn't like 640x480. Still, when I get a chance I will check this out. Good luck!)
Thanks a bunch, mate. I know SC:BW is outdated and all, but I think it's a better title than SCII, especially for custom content, and I'm gonna keep pumping out stuff as long as people are interested.
noname
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by noname »

Keep them coming!! ;)
HelpMe
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by HelpMe »

I'm looking forward to this. :happy:

cool drawing btw, wish I could do that kinda stuff :'(
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Any news on this thing? I'M DONE PLAYING THE FIRST MAP! :)
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Did the first map work completely?
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Pr0nogo wrote:Did the first map work completely?
No, not completely. I'll get back to you on this, though. Must say I really liked the atmosphere you created in this map. Also, the gameplay experience reminds of me Oracle's work. Which is legendary.
HelpMe

Post by HelpMe »

I died in the first ambush D:

I like the premise. I'd suggest however that you deliver the lines a bit slower, they're kinda rushed imho. I think they would benefit greatly from a more paced voicing, as if he's considering his own predicament (if that makes sense).

Edit: I think you forgot to rename the Fenix dragoon hero to Drakkar.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

You need to run the mod to, uh, not die in the first ambush, HelpMe. It changes Fenix's base lines, stats, and unit name to that of Drakkar's.

I'll see if I can redesign the sound to cater to your request, though. Thanks.
HelpMe

Post by HelpMe »

Damn. Of course. Much better now.

little spoiler:
Whoever destroyed that invincible creep colony must be really tough!
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Bahaha, good one.

EDIT: Also, Legion, I thought it prudent to mention this.

ClansAreForGays (maybe you know him?) from StarEdit.net told me the gameplay was way too hack-n-slash (though he hadn't played it for himself). I'm glad you dispute the mediocrity of the gameplay, because I, myself, enjoyed testing the map.

If anyone finds an issue with map 1, lemme know. Map 2's like halfway done. I need voices and triggers (the really easy part and the really hard part respectively).
SkyStormer17
Resigned! Suspect in Medic's Missing Undergarments scandal

Post by SkyStormer17 »

Wow, this looks awesome! I really like the voices, and the gameplay and triggers are really nice too! :) But I get killed too frequently... (not a major issue though :P)
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Make sure you're running the mod so you don't run into the problems that HelpMe did.

Thanks for the feedback, too!
SkyStormer17

Post by SkyStormer17 »

Pr0nogo wrote:Make sure you're running the mod so you don't run into the problems that HelpMe did.

Thanks for the feedback, too!
Oh, damn. Ok, I played it again (with the mod this time; it worked much better now).

When ordered to destroy the Nydus Canals I destroyed one which was hidden in the south of the map and another one around the center. Looking for the third one on the north (later I discovered it was in the south :P), I suddenly hear a transmission from a protoss saying that his outpost is under attack by the Zerg. However, I'm unable to find the outpost, and I hear no response from Drakkar.

When I find the third Nydus Canal I suddenly see a High Templar sacrifing himself to the Zerg (poor bastard). Again, Drakkar says nothing. Then, after I destroy the Nydus Canal I'm ordered to look for Protoss in the area. But it doesn't say why I must look for them or why I even know there are Protoss out there. :(

After I'm ordered to destroy Nydus Canals it talks about shield batteries hidden out there that I could use to replenish myself, but that I could only use once. I see no shield battery throughout the entire map save for the one I rescued near the crashing site and I can use that one as many times as I want.

Wew, what a long post. :P And this is all, since I got killed by a single zergling after I had exhausted himself and was running low of HP, and I forgot to save the game. Hope that was useful, I'll try to give my opinion on the rest as soon as I can. :)