[Campaign] Chronicle of the Beast

Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Re: [Campaign] Chronicle of the Beast

Post by Pr0nogo »

A bunch of stuff went wrong for you, eh?

@Shield Battery - Moving near Shield Batteries will HEAL Drakkar once, but you can replenish your shields infinitely. Your health will only be replenished once per Shield Battery. There is one by a Protoss base, one by the Shuttle bays, and one towards the end of the mission that doesn't spawn until you complete a few other things.
@Outpost - I wonder what this is... Think you could try to find this bug again, and immediately after you end your game, PM me the replay of it? (it'll be your lastreplay.rep file)
@High Templar - Again, never run into this issue before. See if you can't find it happening again.
@Looking for Protoss - Yeah, I'll have to change that to 'Continue exploring the planet' (because there really isn't much for you to do otherwise).

The High Templar issue is PROBABLY just an issue with alliances, so I'll just make the Zerg and Protoss allied until you find the Protoss (you can find them before you kill all the Nydus Canals, by the way). As for the outpost, I'll look into it.

Thank you so very much for your testing!
SkyStormer17
Resigned! Suspect in Medic's Missing Undergarments scandal

Post by SkyStormer17 »

When I arrive to that little outpost with a Pylon, a Shield Battery and an unpowered cannon, after I kill the Zerg attacking it a message appears saying that more Zerg are coming. Drakkar then says something like "They attack! I must defend this outpost!" His voice on this transmission, though, doesn't seem the same as the one he has in other ones. There's something wrong or it is just me? (Looking the map at the editor, I found that the sound file I'm refering to is called "Drag09.wav".
Pr0nogo wrote:A bunch of stuff went wrong for you, eh?
That's what it seems. :P
Pr0nogo wrote:@Shield Battery - Moving near Shield Batteries will HEAL Drakkar once, but you can replenish your shields infinitely. Your health will only be replenished once per Shield Battery. There is one by a Protoss base, one by the Shuttle bays, and one towards the end of the mission that doesn't spawn until you complete a few other things.
@Outpost - I wonder what this is... Think you could try to find this bug again, and immediately after you end your game, PM me the replay of it? (it'll be your lastreplay.rep file)
Don't mind, I found it. There is supposed to be several buildings and units in a specific location, so as when Drakkar gets there they come under his control. However, when I get there, there is none. Yet the transmission plays anyway. I found the trigger in the map, under the name <Protoss Outpost 3>.

PROTOSS ZEALOT (Rictolak Namali'tar):
This outpost will be overrun soon! Take us with you!

The location, by the way, is located on the upper-middle end of the map, near a Sunken Colony and an invincible Creep Colony.
Pr0nogo wrote:@High Templar - Again, never run into this issue before. See if you can't find it happening again.
Pr0nogo wrote:The High Templar issue is PROBABLY just an issue with alliances, so I'll just make the Zerg and Protoss allied until you find the Protoss (you can find them before you kill all the Nydus Canals, by the way). As for the outpost, I'll look into it.
It didn't happen to me now. It may be because in the previous game I used the cheat "black sheep wall" to reveal the map and find the Nydus Canal and any Shield Battery, since I was incredibly lost and running out of HP. I didn't use it now, and it didn't happen. My bad. :P
Pr0nogo wrote:@Looking for Protoss - Yeah, I'll have to change that to 'Continue exploring the planet' (because there really isn't much for you to do otherwise).
A good idea. :) Maybe hunting Zerg? :P

When I arrive to the small Protoss outpost with the High Templar and talk to him I'm given two sets of objectives. The two order me to cleanse the shuttle bays from Zerg and to keep Drakkar alive. A bug?

When I cleanse the shuttle bay from Zerg, I'm ordered to the Nexus to retrieve a talisman. But when I get there nothing happens. :(
Pr0nogo wrote:Thank you so very much for your testing!
Thanks to you for bringing us this campaign! Hoping to see more from this! :D
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

From the YouTube video description...
HOTFIX 5/30/11
-Numerous Overlords have been placed about the map.
-Argus Talisman has been fixed fully fully.
-Cleared up an issue with Dra09.wav.
-Fixed the end-game area.
-Drakkar will now be teal instead of blue after the Shuttle Bays.
-Removed Archon Warp from the High Templar's ability list.
-High Templar can now attack with a low-damage ground attack.
That should be everything! Thanks for testing! I'll see about mission two being released after I finish up NOMAD's first chapter, "Loyalty".

Enjoy Chronicle!
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

duble postin

Did anyone check out the updated version?
HelpMe
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by HelpMe »

I played just a little of the first version, but since you updated already I'll drop it and get the new one. :]
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

HelpMe wrote:I played just a little of the first version, but since you updated already I'll drop it and get the new one. :]
Sweet, thanks. Let me know if you encounter any more bugs, too!
SkyStormer17

Post by SkyStormer17 »

In the updated version, when I destroy the first Nydus Canal in that cave nothing happens. The Creep Colony in the entrance isn't removed or destroyed neither, and I can't continue the game. :(
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

SkyStormer17 wrote:In the updated version, when I destroy the first Nydus Canal in that cave nothing happens. The Creep Colony in the entrance isn't removed or destroyed neither, and I can't continue the game. :(
Thanks much for finding that, I dunno how that got changed in the newer version.

Fixed.
HelpMe

Post by HelpMe »

I'm having the same problem. Apparently the fixed version you just posted doesn't work for me... stuck at the canyon w/ the creep colony. :gah:
SkyStormer17

Post by SkyStormer17 »

HelpMe wrote:I'm having the same problem. Apparently the fixed version you just posted doesn't work for me... stuck at the canyon w/ the creep colony. :gah:
Confirmed. I tried to play the new version and got stuck at the same place. :(
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Stay tuned for a sec, guys; I've fixed up the issue with the map. Right now, I'm just doing some more extensive mod editing that I'm sure will be appreciated.

EDIT: Fixed.
SkyStormer17

Post by SkyStormer17 »

Pr0nogo wrote:Stay tuned for a sec, guys; I've fixed up the issue with the map. Right now, I'm just doing some more extensive mod editing that I'm sure will be appreciated.

EDIT: Fixed.
It's fixed now. However, I have noticed something wrong with the music now. It seems to play several times at once, repeating itself in a matter of seconds, which results in a weird sound. :(
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6l6f45

Minor correction with the ending transmissions:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lsp4u9
bajadulce

Post by bajadulce »

Cool to see ppl still working on scbw maps and mods! I dl/checked out the project a few days ago, but got stuck as well in that canyon w/ the nydus canal. Will have to check out again when it is further along.

Regained some motivation to return to my one and only campaign project recently as well. Maybe we can trade some testing/feedback or other resources.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Yeah dude. If you need any voices or modwork (though you're better at least modwork, from what I know about you), or whatever else, hit me up.