[New Campaign] StarCraft I: Echoes of the Swarm (new name)

Venca
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)

Re: [New Campaign] StarCraft: The Beginning

Post by Venca »

you always must save the map as *.scx to make color changes appear in game
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: Some kind of weird bug with ScmDraft?

Post by Legion »

omega20 wrote:
Legion wrote: curious. the obvious question would be, what did you do different in the first map?

:)
That's what I'm attempting to guess, but I did found nothing for now. :P

It's not really so much of a bug, since the maps will still be playable with the default player colors. I'm just annoyed to see this to happen since I haven't experienced it before.
well, if you really can't figure it out, i suggest you back up your maps now and continue without the color changes. nobody really cares about those things anyway, and i don't like or trust scmdraft AT ALL since it's f*cked up a great number of my works in progress in the past. after all these years, i'd still much rather cook up something moderate in staredit than something special where i'd risk losing all my work in a second.
noname
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by noname »

What is your status with the maps?
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

noname wrote: What is your status with the maps?
Pretty much the same than last week. Since I've this week full of college exams I doubt I will have enough time to resume work on this until I'm finished with them. :( I will still attempt to slowly progress on weekends though.
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Laconius
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Laconius »

Why don't you do us a favor and release the first 3 completed maps?  It'd be nice to have as a trailer of sorts.  :D

(I'm also asking this because I'm bored as shit and want something new to play in SC.)
Ours is a thought-tormented age.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Laconius wrote: Why don't you do us a favor and release the first 3 completed maps?  It'd be nice to have as a trailer of sorts.  :D

(I'm also asking this because I'm bored as shit and want something new to play in SC.)
GET BACK TO WORK!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Laconius wrote: Why don't you do us a favor and release the first 3 completed maps?  It'd be nice to have as a trailer of sorts.  :D

I will, when I get back home of course. :P

By the way, it seems like I overlooked some comments:
Venca wrote: you always must save the map as *.scx to make color changes appear in game
That's where I get lost... they are saved as *.scx. :(
Legion wrote: well, if you really can't figure it out, i suggest you back up your maps now and continue without the color changes. nobody really cares about those things anyway, and i don't like or trust scmdraft AT ALL since it's f*cked up a great number of my works in progress in the past. after all these years, i'd still much rather cook up something moderate in staredit than something special where i'd risk losing all my work in a second.
I think you're right. Since I don't expect a solution for this issue anytime soon I will first focuse on finishing the campaign. Then I will turn my attention onto this bug. ;)
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Here you are, the first 3 missions. I've FINALLY managed to fix the bug! Indeed, the missions were saved as *.scx. However, none of them had a BW unit or trigger so I think ScmDraft just identified them as *.scm. The first mission didn't have this bug because it did have BW triggers. Now the players' colors show properly. :)

About the missions, I must say they are 100% finished but JUST with the basics. I mean, they just have everything you need to play them, but they might, and some indeed will, include new features in the future. These three first maps are the easiest and are not very complex regarding terrain. Both terrain complexity and difficulty will raise in the next missions.

Do remember to give me your opinion about the maps. Feedback is always appreciated. ;)

Enjoy!
Laconius
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Laconius »

Hmm, I infested the command center in map 1 and got the defeat screen.  I'm assuming this wasn't intended?

[imgwh 640x480]http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7586/lolose.png[/imgwh]
Ours is a thought-tormented age.
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

I had the same problem as Laconius in Mission 1 :(

Also, a few spelling/grammar mistakes in the Mission 2 Briefing, suggested changes in bold:
"Because as you evolve, so does the Swarm."

"The Terrans have attacked our own. They must be tought that actions like that... have a price."
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Thalraxal wrote: I had the same problem as Laconius in Mission 1 :(
I've detected the bug. It seems that the command center is seen as death when infested. I've fixed it already, but I won't be able to upload the new version until weekend. :(
Thalraxal wrote: Also, a few spelling/grammar mistakes in the Mission 2 Briefing, suggested changes in bold:
"Because as you evolve, so does the Swarm."

"The Terrans have attacked our own. They must be tought that actions like that... have a price."
I rushed when writing some dialogues. Since this is not the final version it is entirely possible I missed some of those writing/spelling mistakes and so you can now find them in there. :P
Last edited by omega20 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noname

Post by noname »

When will you release the campaign? :)
omega20

Post by omega20 »

noname wrote: When will you release the campaign? :)
Progress is going quite slowly lately, since its time of final exams. I will surely resume work sometime this week, once time allows it. ;)
omega20

Post by omega20 »

I've both bad and good news. Bad news are that I've had a lot of trouble in real life which has made it next to impossible for me to make any significant progress on the campaign. And unfortunately I won't be able to advance any further on it for the next month or so. Also, the release of SC II scheluded for 27 July will have many people move from SC 1 to SC 2. This is where the good news come. Since there will be some people that will keep playing SC 1 even after SC 2 is out (like myself), I've decided not to cancel this project, rather using the few free time I have to advance on it in order to have it finished someday. I promised you a campaign, and you will have a campaign (you know, even if you don't play it, I'll still have it to play for my personal pleasure. ;) )

Since I hope to remake this and other campaigns for SC 2, I hope this one will become also a basis for future projects. ;)
noname

Post by noname »

Heads up! And good luck, I hope I will play this one day. :)