Re: Map - Omega Aftermath

Post by Meta »

Looking great. Gonna check it soon. :)
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Ghosts of the Dominion (working title)

Post by omega20 »

UPDATE: I want you to see the maps I've finished. The reason is simple. I've been checking old threads lately (not in this site, but in other ones), in which most maps had negative criticism (mostly because of the terrain, doodad and units placement). Because of that, before continue the work on the campaign, I want you to check them out. Gave me your opinion about them (the terrain, units, etc); it is needed, and will be greatly appreciated. I've already some trigger ideas, but you can give me new ones if you want. Don't play them, as the triggers are not completed. Only the AI scripts are.

Before of that, I believe that you need to know more about the plot of the campaign, which I've called "Ghosts of the Dominion" (note that this is only a provisional title). The campaign itself will attempt to tell how Mengsk begin to rebuild his Dominion after the tragic events of the BW. However, this campaign wouldn't be like others you may have seen. Many maps (perhaps the 50% of them) will be flashbacks. Those flashbacks will be Mengsk memories, his point of view from the war which has ravaged the K-Sector. You will be witness not only of the rise of the Dominion, but also of the factors which caused its downfall (for example, the origins of our beloved Queen of Blades seen from Mengsk's point of view, the UED invasion, etc). Here's the information about each single map I've posted here (note that all of them are flashbacks).

Spoilers warning!
Spoiler
1- flashback01. This flashback takes you to the very end of the Brood War, just some hours before of the battle of Omega (seen in the introduction of the campaign). The latest screenshots I've post in this thread are from this map. In this map you'll see Kerrigan's pet Cerebrate (which I've called Shimrra), and also how Mengsk manages to establish a base on the platform before the final battle.

3- flashback02. This flashback takes you to the SOK invasion of the Confederacy. This mission explains how Mengsk manages to plant his Emitters on Tarsonis.

5- flashback03. The Protoss have arrived to Tarsonis, and those are really bad news for our future Emperor. So, he sends his most trusted soldier to deal with them (can you guess who?). Meanwhile, then Colonel Martha Williams is sent to deal with a newly discovered ConFed base. It is believed that some members of the Old Families are hidding there. You must kill them all before they can evacuate the planet.
Last edited by omega20 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
noname
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by noname »

I can`t wait to play it!!  :)
noname

Post by noname »

UPDATE: I want you to see the maps I've finished. The reason is simple. I've been checking old threads lately (not in this site, but in other ones), in which most maps had negative criticism (mostly because of the terrain, doodad and units placement).
I think it`s not an issue until the campaign itself is entertaining and gives a good playability.
I check every single day the forum, I`m really waiting for your campaign. :)
Bruce
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by Bruce »

The 4shared link is down. Does anyone have this map? That would be very kind to upload it somewhere else :)