Do you have any thoughts of posting ROC maps?

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

niceboatsoss
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Do you have any thoughts of posting ROC maps?

Post by niceboatsoss »

I'm an old fan of yours.
My first custom campaign experience was your custom campaign.
(Drak'thul existed in Book 2.))
However, I found out that ROC maps, an early version of the custom campaigns that you created, existed.
I want to play what those ROC maps were like, do you have any thoughts of posting them?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Do you have any thoughts of posting ROC maps?

Post by RazorclawX »

I thought I had already posted it, but I guess I didn't.

Oh yeah, now I remember. I think I was trying to clean it up a little so you could open all the maps in the normal editor, but stopped somewhere along the line (I don't remember why. I think I hit a point where I felt like that was too much trouble or I was changing too much). Playing the maps in War3 shouldn't actually be a problem, I think...?

ED: done. Grab it here. Warts and all; these are the 'pristine' copies I was fiddling with, along with versions of the maps that should be openable in the editor (although I can't say if they actually work, don't try to play them)
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
niceboatsoss

Post by niceboatsoss »

Thank you! I have experimented and found that these maps can only be played in the early patch version of W3. Luckily for me, I have an early patch version of W3. I can't believe I can play the early version that I only watched with screenshots. Thank you so much for your hard work. :] :] :] :]
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I mean at the very least they're interesting to look at from a historical perspective.

The thing I really wish I had was the original version of Book 4's Chapter 1 and 2, which were both also made during RoC (they were never uploaded because I ended up stopping when I got a key to TFT beta). I THINK Chapter 3 was also in a state of construction during then, but that's obviously changed radically. ED: yeah, it was. Book 4 the entire Nekurow part of it was made before TFT came out, everything that didn't have him in it was made during TFT.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future