Model Kit Shennanigans

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Model Kit Shennanigans

Post by RazorclawX »

One of the things I've always wanted to do was have a physical representation of my characters. Recently I set out to do just that with Mecha Musume model kits (mostly Megami Device and ATK Girls). Here's the first set of results:

Shizuka (ATK Girl Serqet + Arachne Kimono)
220401_016a.jpg
220401_017.jpg
Scarf and hair ribbon are custom made. This isn't the last I intend to do with her, but this is basically a version that's going to 'stay'. I have made a second, better-made scarf for that purpose, but that'll have to wait for another body to show up.

Kanna (Megami Device Chaos & Pretty Magical Girl Darkness)
220401_012a.jpg
220401_013.jpg
I don't think this was my intention when I first got this kit (I believe I was going to try to make Miranda out of it), but I realized I could rearrange the parts to make Kanna's signature weapon fairly easy. Not only that, but Kanna did go around with an orange/black color scheme so this isn't completely out of line with that idea. It also oddly pairs well of a common doodle I do of her wearing a tutu style skirt.

Kurumi (extra parts)
220401_009a.jpg
220401_011.jpg
This is mostly because (for now) I have a head with green hair. I might go with a different head for Kurumi later. Reference to Kurumi's "second" outfit (well, it was the second one I designed for her). I think the only other way I'd go with Kurumi is with a ninja outfit, but I'm not sure I'm going to be picking one of those up anytime soon (the Megami Device ASRA series is basically ninjas).

Hokuto (extra parts)
220401_010.jpg
Hokuto is nominally the character that tends to wear this type of dress. I guess that's her prerogative.

Yue Fang (ATK Girl JW-021)
220401_006.jpg
220401_004a.jpg
220401_005a.jpg
Obviously her hair color isn't right (hair style, for that matter), but that's beside the point. Everything else about it feels right.

Visually the style may seem to have similar beats to Shizu's 3P outfit, but in that regard I'm saving that for JW-059 (the "archer" version which can come with a pair of swords and a rifle).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Model Kit Shennanigans

Post by RazorclawX »

More stuff, Part 2.

Shizuka (original version)
220401_Shizu1.jpg
Dressed up body with the Chaos & Pretty Witch bare head. Clothes is a resized Daiso doll clothes plus accessories from a Daiso pink kimono set (not resized). Version 2 hand-made scarf. Basically my goal from the start; she's basically 90% of how I imagined having a figure of Shizuka.

Shizu and Kanna
220401_ShizuKanna1.jpg
220401_ShizuKanna2.jpg
The same figures as before, except now Kanna has dark purple highlights mixed into her hair. It's more noticeable in the picture than in-person, but it does add some depth where there wasn't any with pure black.

Yue Fang (recolored hair version)
220401_JWDash2.jpg
220401_JWDash3.jpg
Spare parts give her another set of hair to work with. This time I painted the entire thing in silver (thinking it was just a flat grey, but whatever) and then went over it in a light layer of black, then dabbed off with a paper towel to remove the excess. Basically this is Yue Fang's hair in color corrected form, which is black with gray highlights.

Also traded in the backpack for the simpler one with the long blade.

JW 059 Archer
220401_JWArcher1.jpg
Currently no identity of her own, but of the same line as the JW 021 and looks badass on its own.

Miranda Bunny Version
220401_MiraBunny1.jpg
220401_MiraBunny2.jpg
Chaos & Pretty Magical Girl's head painted plus Azone 1/12 scale Red Bunny Suit. Obviously it doesn't quite fit, but it was close enough. The costume itself only went up to the bottom of her boobs, so I cut some velvet ribbon to form and glued it in there to cover up her pasties (and it still barely covers her so her boobs still look like they're popping out anyway)

The hair painting was experimental to add a bit of dimension to it. I first painted the whole think in regular blue, then added a layer of sky blue on top of that. Then an even lighter blue on certain highlights. Then I dabbed it down with regular blue to make it stand out less. Also took a toothpick and scratched off the sky blue here and there to make more pointed stroke edges (especially in the back to emphasize her hair parting)

Succubus Shizu/Sorana
220401_ShizuEvil1.jpg
Started out by custom putting together a fully black body, then paining red on the appropriate parts. Then scratched out the red parts where the chest straps go (the crosshatching on the torso's corset doesn't come out very well in the photos because of how small it is). I think I want to emphasize more on how much she's just sewn into the costume rather than putting it on like a leotard.

Someone's been really bad (the chain and collar are in fact part of the Magical Girl set. Yeah, she's a really naughty Magical Girl).
220401_ShizuEvil2.jpg
220401_ShizuEvil3.jpg

Xmas Girl
220401_Xmas1.jpg
Official Eastern Model merchandise. It is such a tight fit that it hugs the body extremely well, to the point where her nipples are poking through (no, it's not padded on the inside, and the designer was really horny). Officially she's not wearing any underwear, either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Something lewd for the road.

Building JW 021 and JW 059 you end up getting two of the 'same' character unarmored forms, so....
220401_Twins1.jpg
Yeah, twins....
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Some more additions and updates.

Shizuka
12CustomShizu.png
Mostly the same, except added her hair ribbon. It is held with a magnet. Second version of it because the first version was too heavy for the magnet.

Kanna
13CustomKanna.png
Almost completely redone Kanna, including redrew her face. Her obi is tied with what I used to use as the hair bow for Shizu in the previous pictures, which works out great.

Sorana
14CustomSora.png
Removed her slave collar and chain, added the fluffy from her alternative babydoll version. Gave her a new, more traditional face. The fluffy is made up of two parts-- a custom made doll wig and a fuzzy part y favor worm you can get for cheap on Amazon.

Shion
04KyloTacticalScreens.png
"Junker" Kylo Ren figure I wasn't doing anything with. Added shades and threw on a cloak backwards on him to simulate a 'front' robe and held with his pack-in pliable plastic cloak. It was there, so I did it.

Ziel Stand-in
08RishettaFlexArmsA.png
This is more or less what I want Ziel to look like with these accessories, it's just I don't have a suitable body for him yet.

Ayame
01MadokaExceedBinder2.png
Absent from her 'tinker' gear this is the way I usually think of her.

Chika
02MadokaExtra.png
Use the remaining parts of the kit from above. Basically using the sci-fi tactical gear I was designing for Shion before I gave him a figure that couldn't use the arm attachments, but it worked fine here.

Mizuki
09MDMay.png
Very unexpected swerve/addition to the cast. Wasn't expecting to do it this way, but I saw the figure and had to get her. Everything covered by her fake hakama (I mean, Shizu doesn't have a real hakama, either) is just a black jumpsuit.

Hokuto
10CustomHokuto.png
Completed her traditional look by adding the skirt and cloak (cloak is not the right color, but who cares. It can be whatever color, it wasn't always the same color even before Wanderers of Sorceria).

Miranda
11CustomMira.png
I removed her waist and torso and basically replaced it with a 'spine'. Her mid body is effectively frozen in place with no solid hold, but the bunny suit fits right now and she's got the ridiculous hourglass shape enforced by the costume. That wasn't how I was planning to do this at all, but it worked. Oh yeah, sad days about the fraying of her fishnet tights down on her left foot :/
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

More stuff happening.

Ziel
11Ziel.png
Yes, this is SH Figuarts Vicious. It mostly works for what I wanted to do anyway. It does help that he's dressed like a stereotypical yakuza gangster.

Zande Shizuka
12ZTechPriestess.png
WIP version. She's not white-skinned anywhere, nor does she have a full set of legs or even a back bow, but this is considered half-done for me.

Kasumi
03GunplaAyameCustom2.png
Made out of Figure Rise Standard Ayame (from Gundam Build Divers) and the lower half of 30 Minute Missions Spinatia. Currently missing her cat bell necklace because I haven't decided how to go about it (I THINK I can get that style of bell that size, but we'll see. the hole in the chest will remain the meantime)
01GunplaAyame.png
Straight build of Diver Ayame. I may just switch out the human parts with the full Diver Ayame in the end, but I'm not sure what to do with Diver Ayame otherwise.

The story behind this is the Ayame set has enough to build one full body, and a bust version (except, inexplicably, there isn't a second copy of the elbows, so I had to fabricate my own elbow joints out of part of the runner). I chucked the base of the bust and realized I could stick her on Spinatia, so there you go. I didn't know what to do with Spinatia otherwise, but this is an interesting way to use her. I'd like to think wearing a pink mecha skirt would be appropriate, but if it wasn't there's other ways to arrange the skirt armor (I would entertain a better idea if you disagree).
06AssassinSpinatiaJunk.png
What is left of 30 Minute Missions Assassin type Spinatia (poor her). MSG arm parts and even Mobile Doll May's mecha head attached to her faceplate instead (which is something I was thinking of doing to Spinatia in the first place, but somehow this picture makes it funnier)

Hikaru (stand-in)
05SengokuSpinatio.png
Currently using 30 Minute Missions Sengoku type Spinatio as a stand in for Hikaru.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

04DiverAyameCustomV2.png
Updated version of Kasumi. Kitbashed a new set of legs.

03SpinatioRishetta.png
Basic configuration of what Hikaru should look like. Need to get another head which is coming later.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Shion (Figure Rise Standard Shion Shishibe)
05-01 Shion1.png
05-02 Shion2.png
05-03 ShionFace.png
I know people bag on this figure for its lack of articulation, but that's not what I got it for. In any case, the figure is supposed to be a girl, but if you squint at it long enough she looks kind of mannish and could pass for a guy. Now, there not being any completely obvious feminine features on this figure, I went for it (the lilac blouse in my mind passes as an oversized shirt which is one of the things Shion would generally wear as his design is a rather basic shirt-pants-jacket style. Lab coat is acceptable). The glasses are custom made from cutting out a piece of clear plastic. The only thing I couldn't fix is the long hair (although I took off the front side hair to help with this), where the color is more reddish-brown than straight brown, but that's a minor quibble.

I'd been looking for a figure that I could use as a tech priest so I could stick all these cool mechanical arms on them, and I came up with various variations of such from the M.S.G. parts. It had a 3-arm variant, a 4-arm variant, and ultimately a 6-arm variant (take that Dr. Octopus).
05-04 Group.png
The group as it stands (minus Ziel and Yue Fang).

Shizuka (updated)
05-05 Shizu1.png
05-06 Shizu2.png
05-07 ShizuFace.png
New face and new hair (from 30 Minute Sisters Hair pack Vol.2 Long Ponytail Hair). I'd decided that the older characters should feature with the 'older' character faceplate style and I was previously using the more 'moe' look from Witch Darkness. This is basically a course correction on the one 'older' character that didn't have that.

Sorana (updated)
05-08 EvilShizu1.png
05-09 EvilShizu2.png
New wings from 30 Minute Sisters wing pack and a couple Spinatia parts.

Hikaru (updated)
05-10 Hikaru1.png
05-11 Hikaru2.png
Slight update with some hair (30MS Hair Vol.2 Medium Hair 'purple' which isn't, really). Mostly to show the backpack and the 'sasuga' for the Rain of Swords ability. This is the main reason I picked up the Magia Blade set.

The hair needs to be fixed, but I'm waiting for a different style to show up.

Kasumi (updated)
05-12 Kasumi1.png
05-13 Kasumi2.png
Used the leftover lower thighs from Build Diver Ayame set and M.S.G. joint parts to make a full articulated leg. The samurai shin guards are there to cover up the fact that it isn't a proper full leg and that's probably how it's going to stay for the time being (not that having the shin guards is totally wrong on her, but I would prefer the calf to be made better)

==========================
Other Stuff

No pictures, but I pasted larger boobs (all of the ATK Girl bare body sets come with a set of boobs that are copies from the Arachne/Serqet boobs in flesh tone which aren't used for anything else....) on top of Miranda's 'medium size' boobs so now she's stacked as she should be. Also made a dedicated Kurumi hairpiece, but working out the kinks on it.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Mizuki (updated)
06-62 Mizuki.png
Made another trip to Daiso and picked up another outfit. This is the counterpart to the one I used for Shizuka, only this time I didn't have to hem anything since they seemed to fit fine.

Shizuka (updated)
06-61 Shizu.png
Completely redid her costume by combining the pink kimono set with the hakama set. The kimono and hakama are separate pieces so the hakama doesn't appear to be absurdly short anymore (since it's at waist height now instead of chest height). The kimono is folded up under the hakama and wasn't hemmed, although it is folded up a lot.

Zande Shizuka
06-65 Zande.png
Fuzzy wig, two fuzzy worms to serve as boas, a skirt and a waist bow. Only her legs are the proper white color scheme, but this design was always meant to draw attention to that leg thanks to the cut leg skirt.
06-66 Succubus.png
She has a new set of boobs (from the ATK Girl spare body set, it comes with a lot of spares). It's just straight painted over in black and then red, with all her gloriously erotic pointy boobs intact (which you can see because of the lighting reflecting off it, it's not shaded that way).

Chinese Dresses
06-67 Hokuto.png
06-68 YueFang.png
06-69 Zhuque.png
Hokuto again, this time modeling a 30 Minute Sisters hairdo.

The second I'm settling as unarmored Yue Fang.

The third I have no idea.

Santa Ayame
06-70 Santa.png
Not much to say here, other than it was a convenient use of a spare head and bangs.

Bunny Miranda
06-20 Mira1.png
Completely redone body. This time uses the unarmored legs from the SOL Road Runner set so not only are her legs shorter (and more accommodating to the fishnet tights) they're also hued blue. This also makes her legs more flexible so she can make much more interesting poses than before. The spine is reinforced so it is more of a torso (albeit a rather thin one so her hourglass shape is greatly exaggerated-- not that you could see this with the costume on).

The only trouble is I had to remove the ATK Girl chest because the costume wouldn't fit with it on and her boobs just pop out (not that there was anything to see), so I put back on the M.S.G. 'Medium' chest back on ('Small' chest also fits, but where's the fun in that? The outfit is designed to push up your boobs which is how it makes them look bigger).

Spoiler
Bunny Shizuka
06-41 Shizu2.png
06-43 Shizu4.png
06-44 Shizu5.png
Obvious headswap. You always knew this was possible.
============
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 6/7/2022

A new section opens for Model Kits which is my obsession with making physical figures of Wanderers of Sorceria characters made into reality. It is a work in progress and things my change there over time (most notably Hikaru and Kasumi are missing), but you can take a look at what's happening there or in this thread Model Kits

=============

Added new Yue Fang pictures. I removed the bangs (she doesn't have any and they got in the way of the faceplate) and added SOL Raptor's faceplate.

-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Kurumi (preliminary Head work)
06-77 New Heads.png
Finished version of Kurumi's head. The one on the left is the one I made with a water slide decals. The one on the right is repurposed from a failed action (basically this is a 'reservation' if I ever get around to doing her Zande form, although to be fair that's basically a naked body).

Zande Witch Shizuka
06-72 ZWitch Front.png
06-73 ZWitch Back.png
New and improved limbs and head, where only her thighs and shoulders aren't white (the shoulders really sbouldn't matter so much since they're not supposed to be visible; the thighs are a different story, but I probably won't do anything about it).

Magatsuki Kikka
06-74 Magatsuki Kikka 1.png
06-75 Magatsuki Kikka 2.png
06-76 Magatsuki Kikka 3.png
Frame Arms Girl Magatsuki Kikka with water slide decals applied. That was certainly an experience.

I don't think she's going to stand-in for any character (I mean, nobody I made has pink hair), but she's impressive enough to show off (especially as a counterpoint to JW-021 Swordsman)
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Obtained Sousai Shojo Ritsuka Dreaming Version and Wig Set A, then furiously went to work.

Shizuka (Shojo Schoolgirl version)
Repainted. Front is from the Wig set and the skirt is repainted (it's actually purple, but looks more blue in pictures, might end up painting over it again with the lighter purple from her waist). Eyes are water slide decals from Magatsuki Kikka set (previous post); she really didn't come with a lot, but they are really deep purple eyes.

Head swap with Madoka Yuki (Summer Version) for that more traditional look.

The remaining pictures are posted here
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Shizuka and Kurumi Slice of Life Style

Funny how things work out sometimes. Shizuka as a "Shojo Manga character" comes off very eccentric (which I think she actually was when I first made her, but after years of development she's a lot more "normal" ). Also took this as an excuse to do something with that Kurumi head.

Friends
Spoiler
Running Free
Spoiler
Surprise Gift
Spoiler
The remaining pictures are posted here
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Some new things going on while I wait for more merchandise.

Shizuka

New Faceplates
Spoiler
I went crazy with the water slide decals and made more appropriate faces.

Princess Dress
Spoiler
This is only an upper body with head and arms. The rest of the body is pegged to a pill container.

I don't think I'm going to keep this one around because I am intending to use this head for a more Sweet Lolita dress which I don't have (nor do I have a body for it even if I did).

Succubus
Spoiler
Changed the wings to Titans' Return Mindwipe. Also redid some of her red parts. Obviously doesn't show in this picture, but her rear is more closer to a thong (not quite there) so more of her ass is hanging out.

Mizuki

New Form
Spoiler
Similar to the Princess Dress, everything from the waist down is a pill container. Only thing is it's not pegged in, so the container can get left behind if you don't lift it from the bottom.

I replaced the body with that of the upper half of Spinatia. The legs for the figure are being held for the future.

Armored Form
Spoiler
Basically what I was using before, only just wearing a front cloak.

Mobile Doll
Spoiler
What I have left for 30 Minute Sisters Luluce after I used her arms and legs for Zande Witch Shizuka (see a previous post).
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

More new stuff.

Chinese Gowns
Spoiler
New versions of Kanna, Hokuto, and Kurumi.

Ziel Armored Mode
Spoiler
MSG Crash Cloak + Serqet. I really don't like Serqet that much so I don't quite feel bad about doing this and now it looks much better (you have to take off her boobs in order to get the cloak on). The cloak disguises most of it, so the only real way you can tell this is a woman's body is the fact that the armored mode has high heels and is wearing thigh highs with bikini briefs; from most angles the armor pieces block that view.

Maid Outfit
Spoiler

Saucy maids modeled by Kanna and Shizuka (because of course). It's half of a test run for when I try to put together a lolita outfit for Shizuka (the head on the princess dress picture previously posted is meant for that, only thing is I don't have a dress).

Only thing is the apron makes them look fairly flat chested. If you take it off you can actually at least see the contours of a chest.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Nekurow
Spoiler
I was thinking about doing more modding to this than I ended up doing. Throwing on the cape pretty much secured the look I was going for (basically giving him an Arthas-type look). The radar dish from the *-nova series 30Minute Mission kits is attached to a drilled-in socket on top of the head to give it the ronin sun hat look. His legs were extended a bit with some MSG parts and some Naval Type armor parts, while the Naval Type shoulders were stuck on the knees to hide just where exactly his knees are. The sword is from the Cielnova Weapon pack.

Not my first choice for a face, but lacking in better options, he turned out a lot better than I was expecting.

Shion (Alternate Arms)
Spoiler
Secured another set of Flexible Arms B and added it onto the mid level arms. The mid level are also longer. The backpack is completely different, too (made up of parts from the catboat; it's much better than having a cube for a core).

Kurumi Succubus NSFW
Spoiler
As opposed to the Shizuka Succubus who is ridiculously covered up, Kurumi in contrast was always meant to be ridiculously naked in comparison. In fact, this one basically goes all the way where she's somewhat censored in Wanderers of Sorceria (like, this model is naked where it counts). Obviously putting that in-game was probably a little too hardcore, but since this is a piece in my personal collection I can get away with doing this (although in all honesty trying to add bits of leather straps on this is probably way too much trouble than leaving her naked)

Kasumi (Armored form 'Suzaku')
Spoiler
Basically making my own set of Saint Beasts instead of buying the ATK Girl kits (which I have some reservations about). Supposed to invoke a red bird motiff while carrying that silly long sword.

Mobile Doll Byakko
Spoiler
There is no existing character in mind for this one, but considering the Metal element having it be a robot isn't really that far-fetched an idea.
-- Razorclaw X