Warcraft III Reforged - possible remaster?

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Fraxinus
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Warcraft III Reforged - possible remaster?

Post by Fraxinus »

Hello there.

The Reforged is out, so I tried it out. Unfortunately, it is a disaster. For the WoS, the worst thing is there is no longer any button to start a custom campaign.

The campaign can be opened in the new world editor, so at least this works so-so. But this is the only way to "enjoy" it right now. I hope, they will catch their noses in Activision-Blizzard and make a proper patch that would bring the functionality of old Warcraft III back.

Unfortunately, there is one more thing… Activision-Blizzard updated the EULA for the world editor and its products….so under these terms, it seems like the entire WoS and any other campaign or mod done for Warcraft III is now a property of Activision-Blizzard. And if they find any model/graphic/sounds/music imported from other than blizzard products in these, these entire mods are going to be deleted and banned…. OMG. :(
Stalkslayer
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Re: Warcraft III Reforged - possible remaster?

Post by Stalkslayer »

Sadly, given the history of the Starcraft II modding, I have my doubts that they have any kind of priority to add ease-of-use to custom made content in their game.