The Music in X1

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Stalkslayer
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

The Music in X1

Post by Stalkslayer »

Hey there :)

Love your stuff, played WoS all the way back when Book 6 was about to be released. Played through multiple times, lost interested, came back, the usual. Was so happy to see X1, although it was quite different from the main-line campaign.

With the 6 Books you kept a really nice list of Music used, directly accessible through the Web-Page. But with X1, I cannot find such a thing and it has been bugging me for quite a while now. So, my question boils down to:

Where can I find this gorgous Music from Sorceria X1?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: The Music in X1

Post by RazorclawX »

It primarily came from Samurai Warriors 4.

However, when it came to online distribution there were some issues with it because some of the music from the game got used in the Anime adaptation, so those pieces got hit with the typical copyright strike.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Stalkslayer

Post by Stalkslayer »

Sad to hear those DMCA Zombies came after you, but I guess you went pragmatic on it. You mentioned "special copyright" because of the Anime adaptation I see. Sounds strange, but now I definetly know what to look for. Thank you :)

Random additional question: Is that also the reason why I distinctly remember in the Final Parts of Book 6 (Let's call it the "Descend". Or where the allevators going up? :/) that "Canta Per Me" used to play and in a more recent memory it doesn't?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Yeah, that was one of the ones that changed, but "Canta Per Me" was only used in Book 2.

Book 6 is a bit of a special case because the music changed depending on which character you were using; for instance the 'elevator music' Shizuka it played "The Place Where Souls Return" from Ys Seven and for everyone else it was "Beyond the Beginning" from Ys Origin. At one point in all cases it always played "Beyond the Beginning" (which I guess makes it the 'canon' choice), but I used the other track to break things up a bit because the feeling in 'going down' was going to be different between the characters.

Otherwise generally in Book 6 I chose to thematically use Ys music for Hikaru/Kurumi and Sorcerian music for Shizuka because it seemed appropriate.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future