Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by SilverGauntlet »

I would like to ask a few things:
How do you plan to implement Dogi-themed Johan? I guess that he can be a durable tank (highest max Hp for party members in Seven) and high burst damage (most of his moves are single-instance and single-target burst), as he is such when I played Seven, which I finished two days ago. Although to be honest, original Johan is already one, and some of Ys Seven Dogi's moves are not that different from existing Warcraft 3 skills, like Might Quake and Thunder Clap, or Roundhouse Kick and Whirlwind/Bladestorm, Aura Impact/Earth Knocker and Shockwave. Also what are your ideas about 3P Hikaru without Holy Light and 4P Miranda with healing option? I guess that Miranda can receive an AOE heal, and if 3P Hikaru is still Super Agent, I guess he will have Shadow Strike instead of Holy Light?
And about the Jin units remodel you planned to do? Are they going to look like Dynasty Warriors characters if you decided to do the remodel?
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

Hmmm...seems that new class system is more organized. Can't wait to try.

One little advice: Some players think the heroes born in Book3 is much more impoverished than those born in Book4 and 5.(especially Yue fang and Scaldar,while others such as Shizu, Hikaru, Kurumi can obtain so many items that one inventory even isn't enough) Because Book3 drops few items and tomes of stats. I suggest adding appropriate amount of them.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

SilverGauntlet wrote:I would like to ask a few things:
How do you plan to implement Dogi-themed Johan? I guess that he can be a durable tank (highest max Hp for party members in Seven) and high burst damage (most of his moves are single-instance and single-target burst), as he is such when I played Seven, which I finished two days ago. Although to be honest, original Johan is already one, and some of Ys Seven Dogi's moves are not that different from existing Warcraft 3 skills, like Might Quake and Thunder Clap, or Roundhouse Kick and Whirlwind/Bladestorm, Aura Impact/Earth Knocker and Shockwave.
Some visual effects tricks are going to make up for some of it. None of the moves are named after the Ys Seven moves (I mean... why would you? they are pretty bland names). Hence themeing and not copying, like this guy throws a punch and a wall falls over.
Also what are your ideas about 3P Hikaru without Holy Light and 4P Miranda with healing option? I guess that Miranda can receive an AOE heal, and if 3P Hikaru is still Super Agent, I guess he will have Shadow Strike instead of Holy Light?
Miranda does have an AoE Heal and Hikaru gets a Ret Pally move I've had sitting around for a while called Hammer of Justice (although unlike Stormbolt, it doesn't Stun, it reduces armor).
And about the Jin units remodel you planned to do? Are they going to look like Dynasty Warriors characters if you decided to do the remodel?
That's probably what would end up happening, although I haven't started on anything at all with this.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

RazorclawX wrote:None of the moves are named after the Ys Seven moves (I mean... why would you? they are pretty bland names). Hence themeing and not copying, like this guy throws a punch and a wall falls over.
Well, I what I mean is I can hardly envision the planned Ys Seven-Dogi Johan class having a somewhat different playstyle compare to the original Roughneck Johan, since they have many similarities (from my perspective).
RazorclawX wrote:Miranda does have an AoE Heal and Hikaru gets a Ret Pally move I've had sitting around for a while called Hammer of Justice (although unlike Stormbolt, it doesn't Stun, it reduces armor).
Apparently, Miranda's AOE heal is either her Light Of Judgement Soul Power or an ability from a sixth class that I have not unlocked. And I found Hammer of Justice on Aleyah Dawnborn, apparently a Warcraft TCG character, and what I would say is that it is a good ability, especially when paired with Orb of Corruption/Orb of Death.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Miranda's not going to have that Soul Power anymore (It's Gunther's anyway; that's just how far back I planned to make that. Miranda and Hokuto's Soul Powers didn't even exist back then and it's debatable whether Hokuto should even have what she has.).

Similarly so Kanna has Abolisher's Soul Power, but she's keeping that one anyway just because she never had another one in the first place.
Well, I what I mean is I can hardly envision the planned Ys Seven-Dogi Johan class having a somewhat different playstyle compare to the original Roughneck Johan, since they have many similarities (from my perspective).
It's depends on loadout and the good news is there is a bit of leeway to work with. Johan's regular moveset is still Mountain King to me so a little more flavor doesn't hurt.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

From my perspective Miranda can have her Soul Power in Book5(though with all due respect I think that's a bit crappy).As for Hokuto, her present Soul Power is better than nothing, at least can be helpful in fighting Zava stage and show she IS a esper.

We all respect your decision no matter how you change them.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Currently playtesting. Shizuka (Lolita) should be just as overpowered as Hikaru (Chaos Lord) is now (although Chaos Lord is now more powerful itself). I WAS thinking about giving her a targettable version of Starfall, but that's just a little too overpowered. Her 'main' ability is Parasol Assault, which throws an open parasol out that shoots a laser under it (this was an idea I had for the boss fight in X2 which eventually ended up being the other way around where the parasols were a shield against damage). It's kind of like Flying Guillotine in that it also hits things when it's flying back to the caster, but it doesn't drain mana on hit and instead slows (reminiscent of Cone of Frost doing the same).

Miranda currently has her Book 5 Soul Power along with a passive aura boost based off Endurance Aura (which no other Hero had in the first place) which makes her 'inspire' people to fight harder. It also makes her run stupid fast. It's basically statted as a passive Bloodlust.

Nekurow (Lich King) has Frozen Tempest from Heroes of the Storm. Making people around him that slow is actually kind of overpowered. All four of his possible classes, unlike just about everyone else, has a completely different Ultimate:

- 1P Animate Dead (the original)
- 2P Juggernaut (Book 3+ ultimate)
- 3P Army of the Dead (Arthas Heroes of the Storm ability, although you can't 'eat' them for health)
- 4P Meteor Swarm (because this is what Dark Fact does when you fight him)

Johan and Scaldar both have access to 'charge' abilities which can possibly break a few maps (for instance I've already managed to push boss Shion through a wall), and I'll try to fix things where I can (I've accounted for sequence breaking up to a certain extent already because you could always do this with Juggernaut), but since they're only available on the later classes I hope people know what they're getting into.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

Well, it seems that Nekurow's 3P is really the Lich King, although I thought his ultimate would be the Summoning Frost Wyrms that exists in Editor.(Doesn't matter, anyway in HoS the ability doesn't really summon Sindragosa.)

By the way, In Fight Dragon, if Scaldar cast Meteor Swarm it would summon lots of Xaax (in 3rd Edtion).But later this ability was changed to The End of Existence. I see you let Nekurow have it now, so I just remind of you that.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Johan can finish Book 1 Chapter 7 within a minute with the charge move. I think that's hilarious, but it's probably not a good idea to leave that in.

Kanna in Book 1 Chapter 5 can wipe out Nekurow right away by dropping an Annihilation Ward just past the closest gate, although that forces the Runner to come out early so who knows if that's such a great idea.
Well, it seems that Nekurow's 3P is really the Lich King, although I thought his ultimate would be the Summoning Frost Wyrms that exists in Editor.(Doesn't matter, anyway in HoS the ability doesn't really summon Sindragosa.)
Summon Sindragosa is way more trouble than it's worth. Army of the Dead at least you get to play around with a pack of slightly overpowered Ghouls (in Chapter 5 they make fighting Nekurow a bit of a nightmare since the Ghouls have a pretty good chance of killing anything you throw at them).

The Frost Wyrms summon is more of a joke and besides, Kosseimaru can do that on his own so it's not that impressive.
By the way, In Fight Dragon, if Scaldar cast Meteor Swarm it would summon lots of Xaax (in 3rd Edtion).But later this ability was changed to The End of Existence. I see you let Nekurow have it now, so I just remind of you that.
That's already been fixed.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

That's already been fixed.
Whoops I think I miss that update then.

One tiny request: Can I know X2, Chapter 2 (Looking through the Glass)'s music name? That music sounds really familiar but I can't recall where I have heard it.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I think all of that music came from Legacy of the Void (Starcraft 2 Protoss campaign). It's a bunch of tracks.

From the official soundtrack (I think it's these)
#1 The Stars Our Home
#5 Attack on Korhal
#13 The Golden Armada
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

RazorclawX wrote: Currently playtesting. Shizuka (Lolita) should be just as overpowered as Hikaru (Chaos Lord) is now (although Chaos Lord is now more powerful itself). I WAS thinking about giving her a targettable version of Starfall, but that's just a little too overpowered. Her 'main' ability is Parasol Assault, which throws an open parasol out that shoots a laser under it (this was an idea I had for the boss fight in X2 which eventually ended up being the other way around where the parasols were a shield against damage). It's kind of like Flying Guillotine in that it also hits things when it's flying back to the caster, but it doesn't drain mana on hit and instead slows (reminiscent of Cone of Frost doing the same).
Miranda currently has her Book 5 Soul Power along with a passive aura boost based off Endurance Aura (which no other Hero had in the first place) which makes her 'inspire' people to fight harder. It also makes her run stupid fast. It's basically statted as a passive Bloodlust.
Talking about Flying Guillotine , I am not sure why it only burn 10 mana, which is rather ineffective in most cases. Although I think it is a fair trade for being able to damage buildings and spell immune units.
About damaging buildings, I am not sure why Flying Guillotine cannot target buildings when it deal full damage to them. To prevent crashing perhaps?
Miranda's passive aura sound interesting, but is the aura her ultimate ability? If not, I think it is somewhat broken, if it is not an ultimate.
RazorclawX wrote:Johan can finish Book 1 Chapter 7 within a minute with the charge move. I think that's hilarious, but it's probably not a good idea to leave that in.
Is the charge move you mentioned a more powerful version of Scaldar's Burrow Charge in Book 6?
Either way, I can't wait for the new classes.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

After this last playthrough I'm starting to think Divine Shield isn't as necessary for Hikaru to have as I thought, which would free up some room (because it's kind of stupid OP).

SilverGauntlet wrote:Talking about Flying Guillotine , I am not sure why it only burn 10 mana, which is rather ineffective in most cases. Although I think it is a fair trade for being able to damage buildings and spell immune units.
About damaging buildings, I am not sure why Flying Guillotine cannot target buildings when it deal full damage to them. To prevent crashing perhaps?
It's not supposed to not be able to target buildings so this is probably fighting against something built-in.

The mana burning is actually 1/12 of the damage it deals (and it'll do it again if it hits the same guy a second time) and it's not supposed to be a huge amount because its an AOE move. It pretty much only drains mana at all because 1) all of Hikaru's Book 3+ classes have that in some way and 2) the move did the same in Star Ocean, although it's way more than 1/12.
Miranda's passive aura sound interesting, but is the aura her ultimate ability? If not, I think it is somewhat broken, if it is not an ultimate.
The numbers are probably going to be more reasonable in the final product. The aura is generally going to be like having a free item.
Is the charge move you mentioned a more powerful version of Scaldar's Burrow Charge in Book 6?
Either way, I can't wait for the new classes.
It's identical to Burrow Charge.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

This is the kind of things I do on my free time. Replaces the Bunny Girl 'class' for Miranda. I kind of think of Miranda as being a character that doesn't mind showing off, but lately I've written her as disliking being taken advantage of, so this is somewhat intermediary to that. Not to mention it's much more in line with a 'classic' Magical Girl type that she's been missing the entire time; Magical Lumina's costume is decidedly against the normal depiction and is more along the lines of a Magic Knight (which shouldn't be too surprising as she fit right in with the Magic Knight Rayearth theme in Book 1).

Although currently the moveset is decidedly NOT Magical Girl-like at all. Magical Girls in general seem to be more of a range attacker type, but Miranda was always someone who just kicked you in the head.

The body is blatantly Star Princess Li Ming from Heroes of the Storm. This is not the only thing I did with this model, although how much you'll see of that is in question (I have no plans for the rest of the girls to be wearing this outfit because in my mind people like Shizuka and Kanna would better fit with the Eternal Empire side for theming purposes).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

Wow, nice model. Talking about Li Ming I just realized that Ayame and Chika's Soul Power in X2 were based on her first two ablities. But yes Miranda can't have them since they are OP.

Well, here's another problem in Book1 Lost Angel, we can't hire Murlocs from the Mercenary Camp since we have no food. I remember in older version this problem didn't exist. You can turn the farms in the base to your side to fix that.