Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by RazorclawX »

I think the 1.26a and 1.27 editors are functionally identical. It's with the 1.28 editor where Blizzard started changing things (that one added the 24 players which messes up all the Neutral slots)

I don't know too much about the Registry so I'm not sure what exactly causes the problem, but I wouldn't mind knowing what you did.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\WorldEdit

Find that in Windows Registry and rename the WorldEdit (into whatever), then everything should be fine.

Running the Reforged editor changes that registry and that will consider the older version editor as piracy, I presume.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I believe I isolated which key WorldEdit is tripping over. The key "Tool Window" is different between the Reforged editor and any earlier versions and when Reforged changes that the older editors cease running. Changing it back to what the old editor uses fixes the problem entirely

I saved a .reg file to change it back whenever necessary, but I was kind of hoping for a more automatic solution than that. At least I know where the problem is, if not exactly why it's a problem.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

New patch, same issue.

One thing I did fix, but I'm not going to upload it right now, is I fixed the HD concrete walls textures in X2 (sort of). Since nobody can play it on Reforged right now anyway it doesn't matter all that much. Was something I was going to do before Reforged came out without Custom Campaigns which heavily demoralized everyone in the world.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I'm wondering if I should shake up the Satyr army a bit and replace the Shadow Ballista with the Fel Cannons that came with TFT. I only went with the Shadow Ballista because the Fel Cannons didn't exist at the time. On the one hand they're more Legion-appropriate, but on the other hand they don't look like they even belong with that tech tree. The Shadow Ballista would be very meh if it wasn't for the fact that Blizzard also replaced the Night Elf Ballista with the Glaive Thrower.

On the other hand I don't really want to change up their tech tree all that much since the entire idea behind it was to sort of flesh out what was in that solo Illidan mission in RoC (but it IS the main reason why it's kind of a garbage tech tree).

====

I already replaced the Jin Catapult with a new, fancier one; both the classic Catapult and Ballista don't transition into Reforged versions (they're straight up Demolishor and Glaive Thrower, respectively, regardless of what they were in Classic)
-- Razorclaw X
Playtester1903
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Post by Playtester1903 »

I'd like to report some bugs with Book 1 and Book 2, along with a few more things I deemed unusual throughout my playthrough.

Firstly, Book 1: Chapter 4: Witch Hunter and Book 2: Chapter 7, Part 1: Fallen Comrades. I brought up these two levels first because from them, you can obtain "illegal" items.
In Witch Hunter, you can buy Staff of Teleportation from Goblin Merchant, which may be used to speedrun, but I haven't tested in many levels yet.
In Fallen Comrades, you can buy Mini Great Hall from Good Exchange, which can straight up break the level if using New Game Plus.

- Troll Shaman has all of their abilities unlocked without upgrading, though their stats still increase if you do.
- Corrosive Breath and Blade Barrier from Soul Spire shares the same "B" hotkey.
- Tendaro's ultimate is incorrectly called "Learn Rain of Arrows".
- The Necropolis can "Train Broodling", while I believe that it should "Summon Broodling", like other Nerubian units, instead.
- Kanna's Death Nova's description is from Abolisher's Death Nova instead.
- Kasumi's Flame Wave description uses "his" as the pronoun. Although, at this point of the story, I believe this shouldn't have been revealed yet.
- Damage over time effect, like Disease Cloud, can continuously proc Shizuka's Shikigami, even when the damage dealers are dead.

Chapter 1: Road to Arcadia:
- Mini Great Hall can break this level, by building an army with the Gold from selling item, and the Lumber from nearby trees. You can build Mortar Teams to attack the trees to Yagyu, who can then recruit Johan. The level will go on "normally", without Nekurow. I will refer to this as the "Great Hall trick" from now on.

Chapter 2: Resurgence:
- Nerubian Warriors from Mercenary Camps spawn Broodlings when they die, who can then summon a Necropolis (along with other Undead buildings), that can summon Acolytes instead of Broodlings.

Secret Level: Fallen Angel:
- Tanya's Mana Regeneration is level 1, even when she's at max level in New Game Plus. Might just be a wrong description though.

Chapter 3: Returning Home:
- Great Hall trick can be used here to build Flying Machines, which can fly straight to Veranda.
+ When Veranda died, she dropped a Shadow Orb +10, instead of a regular Orb. Haven't seen it before, so I'm not sure if it's rare loot or not.
+ Doing this trick will also spawn a vulnerable Shizuka. If killed and not revived later, you can still play the level "normally", although in my case, the Shizuka boss fight is not spawned, which prevented me from completing the level.

Chapter 5: Revolution:
- Teleportation Staff can be used alongside Mizuki's summoned creatures to skip the hassle of having to build the Siege Ramps by teleporting Kanna inside their bases.

Chapter 7: The Fated Hour:
Not sure if these are bugs/oversights, but they helped me steamroll through the levels easily.
- The top left section, with the Battleships, can be skipped with Johan's Battle Charge.
- The top right section, with the Generators, can also be skipped, by "stepping" on the Magic Tile with Nekurow's Poison Cannon.
- The bottom left section, with the Kirin Blades, can be skipped by a unit with Invincibility, like Tanya's Sentinel Proxy.
- The bottom right section, with the complex maze, can be skipped with a Juggernaut/Chaos Sentinel.
_________
Book 2:

Chapter 2: Expedition:
- In the second cinematic, Scaldar says "return lumber to the Crypt", which shouldn't be possible. He may just be referring to a removed building.

Chapter 3, Part 2: Shadow of the Tower:
- Using Dark Summoning directly on top of the Circle of Power teleports only Hokuto to the next zone.

Chapter 5: Foreign Ruins:
- Pig Farms' tool tips are missing, this also happens in Fallen Comrades.
- Voodoo Lounge has Witch Doctor Training, but Witch Doctors are not trainable.
- Dark Mutation upgrade is not available

Chapter 6: Showdown:
- Teleportation Staff can skip the second section of this map entirely, if you somehow gain vision of Hikaru/Shizuka. For example, by using the Crystal Ball, which is also dropped from Witch Hunter.
- Hikaru's (Lord of Chaos) Chaos Sentinel skill is called Juggernaut instead. Its icon is of a regular Battle Golem instead of a Chaos Sentinel
- The mission objective of the Main quest includes "Trap Shyron with Sentry Wards", but as far as I know, Sentry Wards aren't obtainable.
- The Book Pedestals in the near final section also spawn corpses upon dying.

Chapter 7, Part 1: Fallen Comrades
- Nerubian Guardian's hotkey is not "G" as highlighted. (could be the same issue on other levels, but haven't tested yet)
- Dark Mutation upgrade is on both the Nerubian Ziggurat and Soul Spire.

Chapter 7, Part 2: Spider's Song:
- In the cinematic, Scaldar just Burrow Charges into Reiko and Copy Hikaru the moment they spawn in the cinematic.
- Reiko's fusion summons reduce her own HP, which causes her to straight up lose when she summon the last minion at 1000 HP.

Chapter 8: Fight Dragon:
- Johan's Battle Charge and Scaldar's Burrow Charge can skip straight to Zaax boss fight. Might need some help from Hokuto's Far Sight though.

_________

And lastly, a few questions I have regarding this campaign, and a few plot points I might have missed.

1. The "Razorclaw X" units hidden in many maps, do they serve any purpose?
2. Is there any way to duplicate Swords/Black Moon Orbs obtained in Book 3/4/5?
3. Will we see Kosseimaru and Johan again in the future? I really like their character design.
4. In the "Orpheus Reminisce" cinematics, did the event happen in "real world" or in Purgatory? If it's the former, how did he get to Purgatory, and can still remember who his enemies are, without having amnesia?
5. The two faction: "Jin Dynasty" and "Knights of Tran", where did you get the inspiration from when making them?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I didn't notice the Staff of Teleportation or the Great Hall; I'll have to amuse myself with finishing the rest of the post later.

Quite a lot of these are artifacts from the game changing since the beginning so it can be difficult to find everything sometimes, so I do appreciate the detail which you went through with this.
And lastly, a few questions I have regarding this campaign, and a few plot points I might have missed.

1. The "Razorclaw X" units hidden in many maps, do they serve any purpose?
2. Is there any way to duplicate Swords/Black Moon Orbs obtained in Book 3/4/5?
3. Will we see Kosseimaru and Johan again in the future? I really like their character design.
4. In the "Orpheus Reminisce" cinematics, did the event happen in "real world" or in Purgatory? If it's the former, how did he get to Purgatory, and can still remember who his enemies are, without having amnesia?
5. The two faction: "Jin Dynasty" and "Knights of Tran", where did you get the inspiration from when making them?
1. It's an artifact from my Starcraft days. I similarly did that in every map (generally with a Dark Templar, so you normally could not find these. Doing this also forced every Starcraft map into a Brood War map as a side effect).

2. I don't think there's supposed to, but I think it is possible in some convoluted way.

3. Probably not.

4. Real. Unknown.

5. "Jin Dynasty" was specifically based after the Wei Kingdom in Romance of the Three Kingdoms. The Knights are mostly my thoughts of what the Warcraft Paladins were like before they were fleshed out.

- Damage over time effect, like Disease Cloud, can continuously proc Shizuka's Shikigami, even when the damage dealers are dead.
I don't think this is fixable because of how Disease Cloud deals its damage
Chapter 5: Foreign Ruins:
- Dark Mutation upgrade is not available
In that case it's already upgraded along with Spider Frenzy.
-- Razorclaw X
Playtester1903

Post by Playtester1903 »

Thank you for the quick response. Although I would prefer to have the Staff of Teleportation intact, as it is a very interesting item to do speedrun, if it is to be carry to Book 2 or Book 6.

Also, the Shadow Orb +10 dropped from Veranda as I mentioned earlier. Is it supposed to happen?

And for some reasons, Book 3's introduction level keeps kicking me out when I tried to enter, so I haven't been able to playtest the newest version of Book 3/4/5. My Warcraft 3 version is 1.26.

A few bugs in the old version I did notice. Although, I forgot the exact name/number of the chapter.

Book 3:
The map where it plays out like a MOBA: When ally units are resurrected by Yue Fang, they will stop moving instead of continue to lane.

The first level, where Scaldar sieges Redmont. When Scaldar meets the Murloc, his mana got reduced after the short cinematic.

Book 4:
Not much to complain here, except that Abolisher's Death Flame is very useless, whileas Kurumi's Dancing Butterfly, whose outfit is supposed to be a joke, is a very good and usable tank.

Book 5:
On the level Tiger's Cage, the Marketplace can be used to obtain some fun items, specifically Scourge Bone Chimes, which can make Heroes like Kevin really broken.

In Violet Sky, Hikaru (Awakened Swordsman) can use a version of Holy Shock which can heal, but deals 0 damage. Also, Sazabi's summoned Bannon has no mount.

The level where Yue Fang defend Redmont's gate, you can "skip" it by hiding her in a corner. When the "Defeat" prompt pop up, you can press "Load Game" to continue the timer's countdown, which will let you win once it runs out. This is, by far, my favorite, second only to the Teleportation Trick, because of how funny it is.

Say, just in case that the Book 3 problem is on my side, should I continue playing with the old Book 3 version, alongside the newest Book 4/5 version?
Playtester1903

Post by Playtester1903 »

Also, on Book 5, the missions where Hikaru can pick one of the three allies (United We Stand and another one, whose name I forgot), the other ally heroes, like Six and Nekurow, tends to drop their own items when I control another ally, Count Zule for example.

Talking about Six, his ultimate, or his bread and butter as I would like to believe, just straight up overshadows Drench, which has some niche uses, and Disease Cloud, which has the same problem as Death Flame of being a mediocre DoT effect. Is there a way to fix his kit?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

And for some reasons, Book 3's introduction level keeps kicking me out when I tried to enter, so I haven't been able to playtest the newest version of Book 3/4/5. My Warcraft 3 version is 1.26.
Figured out I made a dumb mistake; the import file size is still only 8MB per map in 1.26 and that one clocked at 10MB.
Also, the Shadow Orb +10 dropped from Veranda as I mentioned earlier. Is it supposed to happen?
That is on purpose, although you can't take it out of Books 1 or 2 anyway.
Book 4:
Not much to complain here, except that Abolisher's Death Flame is very useless,
It kind of doesn't matter since his third ability is really Raise Dead and the entire purpose of the ability is just to stop health regeneration.
Talking about Six, his ultimate, or his bread and butter as I would like to believe, just straight up overshadows Drench, which has some niche uses, and Disease Cloud, which has the same problem as Death Flame of being a mediocre DoT effect. Is there a way to fix his kit?
He's basically made up of 'basic' Murloc abilities is why he seems so underwhelming.
Also, on Book 5, the missions where Hikaru can pick one of the three allies (United We Stand and another one, whose name I forgot), the other ally heroes, like Six and Nekurow, tends to drop their own items when I control another ally, Count Zule for example.
I'm not entirely sure what to do about this since this is a basic 'feature' of the AI in this game. The best way might be to just 'clone' the Hero for the AI to use, but that will take a bit of work.
-- Razorclaw X
Playtester1903

Post by Playtester1903 »

Just started another playthrough of Book 1 and 2. Turns out the Staff of Teleportation + Chaos Sentinel/Crystal Ball combo can break more maps that I thought. Should I report them to you once I finished finding them all?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Nah, you can do whatever you want with them because I'm going to remove them for the time being. I know you can break a lot with just the Chaos Sentinel and the two charge spells alone, but there are limits which I think are reasonable tolerances for that shenanigans.

Although if you want to share funny stories with them I won't stop you.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

On second thought I think I'm going to make them a New Game Plus thing. The easiest way to handle that is to stick them on the vendor in the Arena levels.
-- Razorclaw X
Playtester1903

Post by Playtester1903 »

I haven't thought of this solution to be honest, but it's a good one nonetheless. Let's just hope that the others will enjoy using it to break the game as much as I do. (Though, Book 6 would still count it as an illegal item like Mask of Death, right?)

Also, a few things I noticed while playing through Book 3 and 4. Although, my Book 3 version is outdated, so some of them may have already been fixed in the newest version.
_______

Book 3:

Siege of Redmont:
- Scaldar's mana is reduced after meeting Murloc.

General of Hefei Castle:
- Not really a bug, but the Jin Archers on Johan's escape route are called "Crossbow", which is pretty weird.

Jammin' in the Woods:
- Sazabi's HP is reduced after Yue Fang's cinematic.

Xu Chang:
- Ziel appears in cinematic in his Twister Form.

Countdown:
- Yue Fang's base armor is somehow 0, despite having 20+ Agility. I haven't noticed her stats in later levels.
- Infernus Scorpions don't take damage from Purge. Maybe they're not "Summoned".

Viper's Requiem:
- Kurumi's Trapper class is called "Storm Mage".

The Siege of Kanai:
- Jin Town Halls have Call to Arms, but not Jin Peasants.

Book 4:

Orpheus' Return:
- Acolytes can be Charmed to build Black Moon base.

Dragon's Ascension:
- Another mention of the name "Nara" in the Dark Portal side quest.
- Vektra's Coral Beds are still in base, despite not recruiting them from earlier.
- Another thing is that Eclipse Cannon charges a bit too slow. Maybe you could decrease its damage in exchange for shorter cooldown? Because I really like nuking.

Per usual, a few questions:
- Why do Sorana's Dark Minions have Disruption Web?
- I did spot a few typos during my various playthrough. Should I report them all here?
- Did you tweak a few numbers on Gravity Hold and Cascade Dance? I feel like the former is much stronger, while the latter is a tad bit weaker compared to when I last played Book 4, which is a long time ago.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

(Though, Book 6 would still count it as an illegal item like Mask of Death, right?)
I don't think it does. I might have to burn them, too, but in most cases it shouldn't matter. I think it could possibly break Shizuka's West District under certain circumstances since that one is pretty unusual.
Per usual, a few questions:
- Why do Sorana's Dark Minions have Disruption Web?
- I did spot a few typos during my various playthrough. Should I report them all here?
- Did you tweak a few numbers on Gravity Hold and Cascade Dance? I feel like the former is much stronger, while the latter is a tad bit weaker compared to when I last played Book 4, which is a long time ago.
1. It was a quick way to allow her Dark Minions to generate more Minions. The spell checks for that particular Spell being present on the unit and Dark Minions can't cast it anyway.

The Dark Minions themselves was more because that was a consistent unit across every map. The original idea behind this was Sorana was cocooning her victims and turning them into (female) sex dolls, which she still does in the cutscenes (yes, this does have some disturbing implications, but you have to remember what she is and that she's really that desperate).

2. If nobody says anything they don't get fixed.

3. Gravity Hold is an entirely different spell and I don't think I did anything to Cascade Dance.
-- Razorclaw X