Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by RazorclawX »

Xenon wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:30 pm If I understand correctly, running Reforged deletes all your profile data and saved games. If that's correct, won't it ruin your attempts to play WoS even if it's in a separate install, so long as your older install uses the Documents folder for saved games?
This isn't true. All the profile data is still there (Users\(profile)\Saved Games\Warcraft III).

Anyway, I no longer have a copy of 1.31 so I can't test anything with that anymore (I didn't particularly care for that patch so I didn't bother to back it up), but I know WoS in its current form suffers from a save game Loading bug that I was ignoring in favor of wanting Blizzard to fix it. I'm starting to wonder if I really should fix that now (the problem is the affected Event is extremely commonly used).
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Yes.
-- Razorclaw X
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

Well, it's still possible to get the PTR version of 1.31 for now if you want to test it. The PTR version has the same bug, and is available for the time being but probably not for long.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I thought about it for a while and remembered that 1.31 is the one that's most likely to phone home to update so the actual number of people running that in the wild is probably increasingly diminishing. It's still safer to assume almost any other version is being run at this point.
-- Razorclaw X
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

Ah, I see. It might be worth a note on the WoS download page that 1.31 has that bug intrinsic to the version.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Anyway, regardless of what Blizzard does right now I think I'll post what I have (sometime late tonight) and people can go poke fun at it. I'm past the bashing Blizzard phase and I'm really tired of seeing it so if you still need to take out your anger on it the thread in the General forum will suffice.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 02/04/2020

Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition updated with some features meant for Reforged, but which are currently untested because Reforged currently does not support Custom Campaigns.

* New Models: Cold Wraith (new version), Director Xine Crystal (Book 6 doodad), Chaos Launcher (Purple HD Voidwalker), Prince David (Demon Hunter), Darm (Human Form), Jarek the Lotus, Dwarf Axeman, Ekim, Blood Elf Officer (mostly Keeper Kell and misc Book 5 Heroes), Chaos Citadel/Spire, Chaos Gate, Chaos Column, Chaos Vortex, Satyr Shadow Hall, Jin Arcane Vault (redone).
* Fixed Models: Metallus (rogue Omnilight in Stand animation), Mizuki (orphaned bones in unused animations), Nether Dragon (removed death particles from spin, added missing spin ribbons, fixed death animation), Nargul (wings Normals).
* Models Changed For Reforged: First pass at setting explicit scaling for Heroes. Abomination Heroes (in general) now use the default Cinematic model. Mammonoth is now purple instead of red. Arma Defender is now based on Gigantic Sea Turtle instead of Sea Turtle Hatchling. Drokmarim Brawler is now based on Elder Sasquatch. Murlocs should more readily accept HD transition (with a few exceptions; see below). Removed custom Shade (not important). Switched models for Obsidian Statue/Destroyer and Chaos Chariot. Changed Summoned Apparitions to be based off Ghost creeps instead of Sylvanas (Banshee). Changed Medusa to be based off Lady Vashj. Reduced model size of Elven Swordman. Reduced model size of Mech Rider. Jin Farms appear the same as regular Human Farms (so they won't turn into Elven buildings). SkyFury and EarthFury Towers reverted to default.
* Reforged Models: Soul Reaper (Hero and Unit), Cannon Hermit, Jin Advisor (Hero), Jin War Scholar, Jin Dragoon, Jin Knight, Jin Dragonhawk Rider, Dragonhawk (riderless), Giant Bat (riderless), Papa/Rand (Big Mortar Dwarf), Dwarf Car (Surtur Tank), Orc Car (Book 5 Battlewagon), Diablo Car (Book 6 Fel Cannon), Elf Swordsman, Gnoll Blade Storm, Jin Guard Tower, Jin Arcane Vault, Chaos Guard Tower.

---

* General: Custom Terrain textures added for Reforged HD mode. Mirror Slice (both versions) and several Soul Powers code fixed to Pjass standards. Chaos Wing uses the HD Nether Dragon model as intended. Thunder Phoenix creeps replaced with Dragonhawks with the same stats.
* Book 1, 2, General: General Firestar is now a mounted Bandit Wizard instead of an unmounted caster. Mech Riders no longer have the Mana Regeneration ability.
* Book 1, Chapter 2: Eredar Diabolists replaced with Vile Tormentors. Named Infernal uses the proper model. Named Doom Guard scaled down to default.
* Book 1, Chapter 7: Keeper Kell can no longer be raised from the dead.
* Book 2, Chapter 7: Nerubian Webspinner creeps replaced with Spitting Spiders. I don't know how this happened in the first place, but that was not intentional. Infernal creeps use the proper model. Siege Golems reverted to Siege Tanks.
* Book 3, Chapter 6: Replaced Infernus Sorcerer model for future proofing with Reforged (Firelord to Red HD Voidwalker).
* Book 3, Chapter 7: Reverted model for Hawk Trooper to The Captain.
* Book 3, Epilogue: Changed the unit composition of the Jin/Nerubian mixed army and the Fountain of Magic units. The Rebel Army is now entirely made up of Chaos Legion units.
* Book 5, General: Jin Gyrocopters are now Sky Lanterns with the same stats. Lizardman troop buildings graphics reverted to default.
* Book 5, Chapter 8, Part 1: Night Gaunt armor corruption now works again.
* Book 5, Dragon Slayer Arena: Fixed Ebon using the Nether Dragon model instead of her own.
* Book 6, General: Dian Wei's Rolling Slash replaced with Cyclone Slash-- Rolling Slash's graphic is completely unreliable in Reforged. Some KoS Heroes' graphics altered.
* Book 6, South District: Pit Lord creeps replaced with Wrathguard creeps and should no longer appear on the map.
* X1, General: Fixed old abilities to Pjass standards. Removed some old models.
* X2, General: Fixed old abilities to Pjass standards. Removed some old models.
-- Razorclaw X
Stalkslayer
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Post by Stalkslayer »

I'd like to ask if that savegame bug making certain triggers stopping in their tracks, means that the best current version to run WoS on (I plan on doing so shortly) would be 1.30(.4 in my case) ?

Greetz
Stalkslayer

P.s.: I don't know how much you'd care about it, but WoS and the Rebirth graphics Mod blend quite nicely together. It looks awesome. At least as far as I saw in Book 1/2.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I'm not sure to what extent it affects the campaign because I generally don't load or save game anymore.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

I glanced through several Wos maps in the World Editor and most custom models fit the Reforged graphics well. Can't view all since somehow opening some maps will possibly crash the bloody new world editor.

Some Satyr buildings such as corrupted ancient of lore and ancient of wind still use the old model, needed upgraded maybe. Water graphic is seemingly identical to the classic version and looks quite disharmony.

I can only hope Blizzard open the ability to play custom campaign in future patches, otherwise unable to play Wos in Reforged is really a pity.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

The patch this past Monday fixed the bug with Custom Campaigns not being applied to anything so everything now should look as it did in the beta.

The Satyr buildings are nearly all SD models except for the Altar, Moonwell, and Corrupted Protector because the Tree of Life and War are both custom models. I haven't decided what to do about that. They're not the only ones like that, though-- the Nerubian buildings are still half-SD models, too.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

Hi. I found Kanna, Shion and Hokuto's models in the prologue of X2 seemed to be missing. (Latest Version)

Also I can't open some maps such as Ch1 of Book 1 in the Reforged editor.(The editor just crash without even an error warning.) I wish to know is it normal?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 3/10/2020

Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition updated with the following changes:

* X2: Restored missing model in the Prologue.

====================================================

It wasn't them, it was a doodad I had renamed and forgot to do the same in the Prologue.

I can open that map in the Reforged editor so I don't know.

ED: Important note, though. It seems that now if you open the Reforged editor it prevents you from opening the old version of the editor because the Reforged editor does something to the Registry that the old versions don't like. I don't even know why that's the case since Reforged's editor shouldn't even use the Windows Registry.

The good news is the 1.26a version automatically regenerates the Registry keys if they're missing.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

Thanks for reminding. Yes, I've already encountered that problem and renaming the registry will fix that. Now I have to use the 1.27 version editor, which I'm afraid will probably cause some problems. (Although I hadn't found any while testing the latest X1 version which I finished translating into Chinese with 1.27)