Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

verb8im
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by verb8im »

What's the difference for Hard difficulty?

Also in Book 1, Hikaru's paladin class and his normal Sorcerian class have the same abilities

EDIT: Also, are there any extra heroes you get from Easy difficulty in the other books besides Book 1?

EDIT 2: In Book 2, Chapter 3, where your in the Tower of the Gods saving everybody with Hokuto, how do you get to that middle area, and what is it for? There's a journal page, enemies, and a couple items, but I don't know how to get over there
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 11/16/18

Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition updated with the following changes:

* General: Models for Ayame, Chika, Kanna, Kagero, Kotetsu, Kurumi, Miranda (Pop Idol only), Six, Scaldar, Zava (see next note), Shizuka (Zande Witch only), Shyron, and Tendaro updated.
* General: 'Nara the Shadowpath' is now called 'Zava the Merciless' as it should be. Most instances of the name should have been changed appropriately, but let me know if you find any references to her old name.
* General: Splash screens for Shyron and Scaldar updated.
* Book 1,2: Fixed Blade Kraken graphic in the intro cutscenes.
* Book 1: Chapter 2 Crypt Fiends should no longer cost Food when burrowed.
* Book 2: Fixed the random Stoneskin Gargoyles so they're all statues once again. Gargoyles are still not useable in this campaign.
* Book 2: Fixed a broken reference to Zava's name if you watched the intro cutscene the whole way through without skipping.
* Book 2: All Pit Lord Heroes, including Brutillus, no longer have Reincarnation and therefore won't run away after reviving.
* Book 6: Free Mode Shyron abilities changed to something less random.
* Book 6: Removed the random Sludge Monstrosity creep from the secret mission. There should be no Creeps on this map.
* X1: Fixed Kurumi's model so she's armed again. I don't know how I messed that one up.
* X2: Fixed civilian models' walk animations.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Rampage
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Post by Rampage »

Hello everyone.
I recently started playing book 6 and I encountered a bug - the bosses of districts west and east just weren't there. After like two days, the above update came live, so I downloaded it and checked if the bug was still there, but fortunately it was fixed. I then replayed the Dragon Slayer Arena to exchange items between heroes and started book 6 again, starting from the very beginning. I noticed that the protagonists don't have the items I gave them (eg. Hikaru only had the 4 swords and nothing else in his inventory). How do I make the items carry over? Thanks in advance.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I THINK you also have to play the Intro for Book 6 again (there is some unit conversion stuff going on in that despite what it looks like), although Hikaru starting with the swords is intentional.
-- Razorclaw X
Rampage

Post by Rampage »

Thanks for the reply. I tried that several times, I also tried creating new player profile, deleting save files, clearing and saving ng+, even redownloading the whole campaign - the characters in book 6 still have the items they had in the beginning of the secret level and not in the end. Or maybe it is supposed to work this way?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Rampage wrote:Thanks for the reply. I tried that several times, I also tried creating new player profile, deleting save files, clearing and saving ng+, even redownloading the whole campaign - the characters in book 6 still have the items they had in the beginning of the secret level and not in the end. Or maybe it is supposed to work this way?
It's entirely possible it IS supposed to work this way. In fact re-arranging stuff in the Arena probably only affects NG+ by design. The character select in Book 6 gives you access to almost every item you've accumulated up to then (and turns 'illegal' items like the Blink Dagger or Scroll of Town Portal into Greater Healing Potions)
-- Razorclaw X
ncht19032002
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by ncht19032002 »

I encountered a problem during my Book 5 walkthrough. In the Secret Mission, the Harpoon Posts near the Lizardman base seems to be missing. If you can look into this problem for me, I would be very appreciated.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 11/22/18

* Book 1: Fixed Zava's name.
* Book 5: Fixed missing Harpoon Posts in the Secret Mission.

That's a quick fix to make while I'm here.
-- Razorclaw X
Rampage

Post by Rampage »

Hey, I've encountered a bug - when I approach the altar in West District with Kurumi nothing happens. Also, I noticed that in North District, during the conversation with Abolisher, Zava is reffered to as Nara. Same goes for the cutscene in the beginning of West District (both cases playing as Kurumi).
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Rampage wrote:Hey, I've encountered a bug - when I approach the altar in West District with Kurumi nothing happens.
Just to be sure, are you dropping the Chaos Sentinel into the shallow water channel in the room?
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 11/23/18

* Books 1 through 6: Fixed Scaldar models (Spider Lord and Dragon Armor) scaling and attachment issues.
* Book 2, Chapter 7: Fixed missing Queen Arcadia in cutscene.
* Book 2, Chapter 8: Fixed missing Shizuka, et al. in the last part of the ending cutscene.
* Book 6: Fixed more references to Zava's name.

KNOWN ISSUES: The timing of the cutscenes in Books 1 and 2 are off; that will take much more time to fix either on my end or on Blizzard's end in fixing the sound engine.
-- Razorclaw X
Rampage

Post by Rampage »

RazorclawX wrote:Just to be sure, are you dropping the Chaos Sentinel into the shallow water channel in the room?
Oh, you mean THAT altar :) I thought it was supposed to be the upper one, since the map indicated it. Well, nvm then.
By the way, I found another refferences to Nara instead of Zava - in Kurumi's quest to defeat Zava in the Nexus Core and during the Hikaru - Rhea conversation.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Yeah I knew the whole name changing thing was going to bite me in the ass somehow, but it's something that's been bugging me for years.

I think perhaps I should move the quest indicator to the altar in the back if that's the case. I know in the original version reaching the front one was the criteria for the quest and the boss was fought in the same room as the Guardians Hikaru fought.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 11/24/18

* Books 1 through 6: Fixed Miranda and Kurumi's Pop Idol models which were missing animations. That's what you get for not being careful enough with version control.
* Book 1, Chapter 2: Restored the missing Nerubians in Corona. Restored the missing town villagers and Miranda's dance. Moved a couple of the villagers around so you can actually talk to them, instead of having them being hidden by the town buildings.
* Book 1, Epilogue: Random items can no longer drop during the Summoner Duel.
* Book 2, Chapter 2: Restored Blight Carrier and other missing NPCs on the map. Removed the Mur'guls in the northeastern part of the map. Static Zande, Demons, and Satyr now belong to the faction Arcadia's Chosen instead of being Neutral Hostile (they still drop gold).
* Book 2, Chapter 6: Renamed the faction Zande Rangers into Arcadia's Chosen. Zava is instead part of the Tower Guardians faction (functionally this doesn't change anything).
* Book 3, Secret Level: Fixed missing Kurumi in cutscenes.
* Book 5, Secret Level: Fixed missing critters.
* Book 5, Chapter 6: Removed a problematic rogue Footman that somehow got on the map.
* Book 6, Nexus District: Fixed the missing Goblin Merchant.
* Book 6, West District: Moved quest ping for Kurumi's version to the underground altar.
* Book 6, South District: Fixed missing Harpoon post and Magma Serpents.
* Book 6, Sorceria Core: Fixed more references to Zava's name. Added more Free Mode intros to the final boss with Dalles, Metallus, Abolisher, and the five possible remaining Sorceria governors (generic to all of them) in addition to Gina's version. The final boss hates filthy aliens and monsters. Removed a rogue model.
* Book 6, Secret Level: Removed all of the Rat critters from the map. Critters are also not supposed to be on this map.

Amusingly, I found an item I hid in the Chapter 2 town I completely forgot was there. It's only a Greater Healing Potion, though.
-- Razorclaw X
Chimto
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by Chimto »

Some heroes aren't being loaded properly from NG+ to Book 1, even when I made sure to save NG+ again, and when I tried starting the Book 1 missions where they first appear, they had their default classes and levels, instead of what was saved to NG+ (this seems to not affect Kosseimaru, and loading from a previous chapter in Book 1, or from Book 1 to Book 2 still works).