Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by RazorclawX »

One of the things I'm trying to design is a 'hub' level where you can talk to characters and the dialogue 'changes' as you go through the story. It is actually pretty difficult to pull this off because you can't guarantee a game state when you enter the map, so instead of progressive dialogue it progressively unlocks dialogue so if you like skip a couple chapters visiting the place the entire dialogue tree is still unlocked anyway. Most of it is written with the characters reacting to something that happened in the previous chapter and react toward Mizuki as the main character.

A bit of this goes into how Shizuka's overly positive impression of Mizuki affects her friends and then when they see she isn't quite the paragon how they deal with that knowledge.

The crazyness comes where some characters start writing themselves. The tree for Shion, for instance, starts out innocently enough, but he very quickly rips into Mizuki for being the exact opposite of what he thought she was without mincing words, and when I think about it she does kind of deserve that. The tree for Ziel ended up talking about womens' assets and Mizuki being disappointed that nobody's looking at her like that (because she's an over the hill mom).
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I don't know why it took me this long to realize this, but WHY did I make 3D collars and not the things that go with the collars? I think I only made a proper neckie for one of them.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I felt particularly inspired this week so I worked on a model where Shizuka is dressed like Karna (the Memories of Celceta costume).

Big thing I didn't like about her in Memories of Celceta (among a host of other issues I have with that game) was her 100% personality change into a stereotypical genki girl who eats a lot when the thing that made her stood out in the first place was she was another warrior and had no romantic interest in Adol. In that game that pretty much describes Griselda, but I'm not particularly attached to her.

The thing is, I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. It kind of did settle an age-old sore spot when you've got a bunch of characters sporting Ys-themed outfits and one of the main characters didn't (heck even Nekurow was had a slight inspiration for a Dark Fact costume and that's really out there). I long thought that Karna was the best 'fit', but that was the other version and not the current one (only thing is her original outfit wasn't particularly interesting, either).

I guess now the real question is who gets to dress like Chester. He wasn't particularly great in Wanderers from Ys, but Oath in Felghana made him a certified badass (and a bit less of a moron than in Wanderers from Ys). I thought Garland was the coolest character in Wanderers, and he's still cool in the remake, just he gets overshadowed by Chester in Oath (yes, Garland got me with his suicide attack the first time, how did you guess?).
KarnaShizuka.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I did not know that a social mobile game called 'Ys Nexus' existed. That would be completely forgettable if it wasn't for the fact it featured this interesting character design for Lilia (yes, that's her)
Ys-nexus-lilia.png
There's also one for Terra, but she doesn't look too different. Other characters with new design are Adol, Dogi, and Geis. The Ys SEVEN characters look the same. Adol and Lilia both have a fur-lined look to them so maybe they went somewhere cold.

Couldn't tell if Elena was in the game, but she's probably sporting her popular 'Chester' costume.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I've recently been thinking that Kanna is more of a pervert than Ziel. Very quick to accuse him of perverse thoughts before he even opens his mouth, frequently paints much worse things than Ziel is thinking of. And somehow it comes off being funnier.
-- Razorclaw X