Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Weloyus
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by Weloyus »

Sounds great.
Hope they will have good ending since Hikaru has Kurumi, Shizuka having Shion.

You're really big fan of three kingdoms story.
I play “The Legend Of Three Kingdoms 2” many years ago since it was popular in Chinese local net bar.
As daughter of Lu Bu(吕布),she is said to appear in several historic books while character itself(Lu Lingqi 吕玲绮) is virtual.
So don't be upset by recreational product too much.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

No its not that; its just that I hate it when my character dies in those games.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
prestonjames

Post by prestonjames »

warcraft was my childhood and upon discovering custom campaigns exist, i went and downloaded a bunch. they are truly incredibly good for its times, andWanderer of Sorceriais the funniest/most outstanding one out of them. it left me in tears and waves of nostalgia. thank you.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

A scene which I'd been long envisioning is now mostly done (needs polish) and it lasts all of 30 seconds.

Stuff like that happens a lot.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

So far the first level is about collecting old memories of Mizuki and Shizuka's shared past. I've finished five of those which contain the most plot relevant anecdotes, so now I feel like I need to fill them out with some tangential stuff in the mix that aren't directly related.

A lot of the reason this is taking so long is the subject matter largely exists apart from playing a game. Some of my favorite maps are ones where I clearly had a game in mind when it was made. Book 5 was extremely easy for me to make, for instance, because I always knew I had a Dynasty Warriors level and a Legacy of the Wizard level, and army branching was always going to be a feature in the melee missions. In a lot of ways the story was serving the game I was making. Other than The Dark Ocean these side campaigns are almost being done in the opposite manner which I don't think suits me (The Dark Ocean was clearly made with depicting the Battle of Nagashino in mind as everything in that story happened based around it).
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I'd been experimenting whether to replace more characters heads with HD heads, but the more I experiment the more I feel like most of them are actually fine and the finer details are just lost with the existing skins (the biggest change would require me to actually redo everyones' hair which I'm not prepared to do).

One of the major exceptions is Hokuto, whose face skin doesn't really look too good, so I'm very likely going to try to fix that.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

Here are some screenshots of Book1 in Reforged. (Quenching Mod v1.5 required, which can read w3n files in an immature method)
Everything except loading screens and music runs smoothly in it. But unforunately our technology still has many limitations. For example, you can only play one custom campaign each time. (In fact they are essentially converted maps and use a substantial amount of disk space)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on Quenching so I know about the limitations. I haven't tried it myself.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I was never entirely happy with Kanna's animations. In my mind I wanted something similar to the Naginata moveset from Samurai Warriors (which is the weapon I give her when I play with the Create a Character in those games). My attempts at doing this were marred by the fact that I had no real experience in 3D animation when I did it, but I've come a long way since then.

With Heroes of the Storm Whitemane as a starting point (since she's one of the few characters who attacks with a 2-handed weapon) I finally made my wish come true. It's just mostly her Walk and Attack animations that are different so now she's holding it properly when running around (instead of that weird way holding it sideways).

(on the other hand she inherited Whitemane's Anime Queen animations, too, which is kind of funny in its own way)

That, and I decided to do away with the lousy hood she'd been rocking for a while. That really didn't look very good.
-- Razorclaw X
martisgusin

Post by martisgusin »

I wanna set up a discord for WOS to discuss this epic Warcraft III campign and anybody wanna join?It's really worthwhile of Warcraft players now that Warcraft player number is droping off,nearly dying out in the world.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 9/24/2021

Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition updated with the following changes:

* New Models: Hikaru Paladin and Chaos Lord. Nekurow base model. Hokuto. Miranda. Kanna (new animations, hood is always down). Ayame. Tendaro. Yue Fang. Certain Kurumi costumes (including the Faerie Dragon). Lord Kosseimaru (Lich). Book 6 Scaldar Demigod form.
* Fixed Models: Improvements to Hikaru alts. Johan fixed rogue vertices in jacket, recalculated normals. Shizuka (Sweet Lolita) fixed skirt frills, redone skirt animations; (Main) animation updates. Kurumi general model updates (animations); fixed Jester portrait (unless you liked staring at her boobs). Miranda (Star Princess) has bigger boobs. Ziel Portrait has improved jaw animation (not Medivh's) and a new cape. Scaldar (Crypt Lord) removed useless animations and fixed broken animations. Carrion Beetles have a revised skin and no longer leave a giant burrow ubersplat while in their decay animation. Jin Dragon Catapult, Jin Dragoon Captain, Nerubian Spider Guardian-- cleaned up animations. Fixed errors in Treants and Corrupted Treants. Fixed errors on numerous Zande units.
* Reforged Models: N/A.

* General: First pass at fixing model file paths. Nekurow's Soul Power should use Spell Slam animation whenever possible.
* Books 1 and 2: Fixed Dependency Equivalents for Ziel's Twister Forms (although I don't think this affected anything). Changed Chika (Kitty)'s outfit.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Book4Spread09242021.jpg
Some of the stuff I'd been fixing/adding/changing.

Hikaru I think I finally settled on a hybrid between his two looks. His original look was never good to begin with and I always had trouble replicating it with newer models, so instead I gave up and decided that it needed a more modern touch to it (ditching the crappy scale mail and Space Marine boots with a pants tucked into boots style)

The funny thing is the Kurumi Faerie Dragon costume is mostly unseen in the campaign these days so I'm not sure if people can even see it. Either way, I think we can all agree that she deserves this (I think the original intention was a Sexy Whatever outfit, but a goofy mascot costume is funnier)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 9/25/2021

Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition updated with the following changes:

* Book 1, 2: Removed the Crystal Staff attachment ability from Hokuto since her model carries it by default.
* Book 1, Chapter 3: Music no longer changes when fighting Veranda. Changed damage calculation method during the Cave Boss fight so the damage is calculated once and more consistently (Max of 40% of Boss life or 500 damage). Fixed a bug in Easy mode where Shizuka takes the Cave Boss's damage from the Frost Trap instead of the Boss (although this is just a formality since the boss fight ends just by freezing her once).
* Book 2, Chapter 7-2: Summoner Duel changed so you only lose HP when your unit is killed on the field and not from Fusion (to prevent either side from losing because they Fusion monsters). Made Idle enemy (Player 2) and Idle Ally (Player 11) Neutral to each other so they will stop trying to kill each other during cutscenes.
* Book 3, Chapter 6-1: Enabled correct version of Yue Fang's Soul Power.
* Book 5: Removed Item Capture the Flag from Hokuto.
* Book 5, Chapter 7: The Soul Shift Achievement is now achieved simply by returning the Heart of the Obelisk instead of casting Soul Shift (the achieve was accidentally deleted when the Spells were updated). You need to do this to enable Soul Shift in the first place anyway.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I had an epiphany. Mizuki going around by herself was very hard to write because there was no one to bounce off of her. The person that needs to be following her around is Deathclaw because of their shared history (which also ties into the idea of regrets from the past which is a point of contention between Mizuki and Shizuka, but the one between Mizuki and Deathclaw is different yet equally important to her)

One of the things that made Shizuka so easy to write was because, even when she was by herself, she always had someone to bounce ideas off of.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Boredom produces stuff like this (no, the one that's in the campaign right now can't do this)

Animated GIF (probably have to click on it to see it run? Don't know how this board is set up for that)
Hokuto_poledance2.gif

It's the 'special' animation from Dreadlord Jaina from Heroes of the Storm. She just puts her staff down and spins around it like it's a pole.
-- Razorclaw X