Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Topic author
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by RazorclawX » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:01 am

I think the 1.26a and 1.27 editors are functionally identical. It's with the 1.28 editor where Blizzard started changing things (that one added the 24 players which messes up all the Neutral slots)

I don't know too much about the Registry so I'm not sure what exactly causes the problem, but I wouldn't mind knowing what you did.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future

NovaLan
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by NovaLan » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:27 am

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\WorldEdit

Find that in Windows Registry and rename the WorldEdit (into whatever), then everything should be fine.

Running the Reforged editor changes that registry and that will consider the older version editor as piracy, I presume.

Topic author
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:08 am

I believe I isolated which key WorldEdit is tripping over. The key "Tool Window" is different between the Reforged editor and any earlier versions and when Reforged changes that the older editors cease running. Changing it back to what the old editor uses fixes the problem entirely

I saved a .reg file to change it back whenever necessary, but I was kind of hoping for a more automatic solution than that. At least I know where the problem is, if not exactly why it's a problem.
-- Razorclaw X

Topic author
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:39 am

New patch, same issue.

One thing I did fix, but I'm not going to upload it right now, is I fixed the HD concrete walls textures in X2 (sort of). Since nobody can play it on Reforged right now anyway it doesn't matter all that much. Was something I was going to do before Reforged came out without Custom Campaigns which heavily demoralized everyone in the world.
-- Razorclaw X

Topic author
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX » Sat May 02, 2020 1:31 am

I'm wondering if I should shake up the Satyr army a bit and replace the Shadow Ballista with the Fel Cannons that came with TFT. I only went with the Shadow Ballista because the Fel Cannons didn't exist at the time. On the one hand they're more Legion-appropriate, but on the other hand they don't look like they even belong with that tech tree. The Shadow Ballista would be very meh if it wasn't for the fact that Blizzard also replaced the Night Elf Ballista with the Glaive Thrower.

On the other hand I don't really want to change up their tech tree all that much since the entire idea behind it was to sort of flesh out what was in that solo Illidan mission in RoC (but it IS the main reason why it's kind of a garbage tech tree).

====

I already replaced the Jin Catapult with a new, fancier one; both the classic Catapult and Ballista don't transition into Reforged versions (they're straight up Demolishor and Glaive Thrower, respectively, regardless of what they were in Classic)
-- Razorclaw X