ApexX Public Demo September 2022

Moderator: Milldawg

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

ApexX Public Demo September 2022

Post by IskatuMesk »

For the first time I have released a very short presentation introducing my Unreal Engine project I began in 2019 when Snowball's final battle began. Since then the already high intensity insanity of my life went into overdrive and things today are worse than they have ever been. During times of turmoil I have found a zen and periods of activity have seen small amounts of energy placed into this project with more and more being invested during the latter half of 2022.

I have no interest in business inquiries.
Drunk Swede
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Re: ApexX Public Demo September 2022

Post by Drunk Swede »

Holy shit, youtube's audio and video quality really is still as rancid as ever. You can't even explain this away as just "well it's webm/opus, of course it's terrible", because I've never seen such bad results out of ffmpeg when testing either codec. In the past I'd have explained it away as user error on the uploader's end, but here I know that's not the case. That's without even taking into account the rancidity of their website and service as a whole too, which is on another level of bad.

As for the video itself, it's cool that you're going public with this stuff. Hopefully you'll have a lot of fun stories about grifters and/or vultures coming at you with business proposals despite being very clear about not looking for that shit at all.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I've already seen a lot of poachers on demo videos on youtube for stuff way less sophisticated than what I'm showing here. I have no doubt someone will eventually try - it certainly won't be anywhere near the first time. I rank random DM's with youtube red job offers - delete without second thought.

Youtube's quality is dreadful. Much longer DDL-only discussions are planned for December still, provided nothing gets any worse.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have released the second public demo. The third (and possibly final, at least for a very long time) demo is scheduled for late December.