Issues with posting

Moderator: Milldawg

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8297
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘ జ్ఞ‌ా

Re: Issues with posting

Post by IskatuMesk » Tue May 12, 2020 6:14 pm

wibod wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:24 pm
I think chris is a highly valued member of this community (as evidenced by his post count). His goal of remastering old campaigns to make them adhere to modern design standards is evidence of his high IQ.

Do you think he watches Rick and Morty? You need a high IQ to appreciate that production.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Drunk Swede
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:15 am

Re: Issues with posting

Post by Drunk Swede » Tue May 12, 2020 6:20 pm

IskatuMesk wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:14 pm
wibod wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:24 pm
I think chris is a highly valued member of this community (as evidenced by his post count). His goal of remastering old campaigns to make them adhere to modern design standards is evidence of his high IQ.

Do you think he watches Rick and Morty? You need a high IQ to appreciate that production.
Well with enough salty tears, we might be able to create a picklechris at least.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8297
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘ జ్ఞ‌ా

Re: Issues with posting

Post by IskatuMesk » Tue May 12, 2020 6:21 pm

Does he also turn into a pickle? Funniest shit ever!
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Drunk Swede
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:15 am

Re: Issues with posting

Post by Drunk Swede » Tue May 12, 2020 6:56 pm

I'M PICKLE CHRIS! (10 billion hours in image editing software approved of by footeaters)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8297
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘ జ్ఞ‌ా

Re: Issues with posting

Post by IskatuMesk » Tue May 12, 2020 7:46 pm

TOP KEK! That's an updoot for you, fellow euphoric atheist!
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:09 am

Re: Issues with posting

Post by chris » Tue May 12, 2020 11:53 pm

Drunk Swede wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:10 pm
I've kept an eye out for your posts since the time you had your meltdown at Mesk in the Trump spergout thread
Pretty sure one post isn't a meltdown, I'm just very disappointed that he turned out to have such terrible judgement. He was someone I used to respect a lot.

and posted a youtube link to a video made by a legitimate degenerate who loves vibrating nipple clamps and goes on about pregnant trouts.
this is your counter argument to a video presenting geopolitical facts in the clearest way possible? Pathetic. You are now seeing in real time China's growing influence as a result of trump, how else do you think that China got it's influence over the WHO? Only a trump supporter can be that ignorant and I won't waste my time reading the rest of your reply or any further posts you make in light of this revelation. When I was younger I used to waste my time having discussions with people like you and iskatumesk in the vain belief that you were capable of reason. Those days are long gone. You can enjoy your echo chambers.
UntamedLoli wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:58 pm

You're really not grasping this situation. Making posts with nothing but your own arbitrary scores from this mockery of a review system you parade about is the very definition of being judgemental. Most of it is filled with senseless garbage because you can't figure out your own direction for it. It also lacks any sense of professionalism likely due to the fact you haven't been involved in making a damn thing to your name.
I'm not going to be friendly about it. Other peoples creative works are not yours to change to suit yourself. Especially to re-release them as some sort of "improved" version.
I am in no way trying to bully anyone, but I can see why people have gotten the wrong impression from my posts in the contest forums. As I said, I won't be doing these kinds of posts anymore.
UntamedLoli wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:58 pm
fuck off
That I won't do. I'm not going to let all these campaigns made over 22 years by people putting their heart into their work continue to have a reputation as nothing but crap. I will complete my spreadsheet and I will get these campaigns and these creators the attention they deserve. I should mention, I originally did not plan for this to even be public, I only did so because I noticed there is a demand for a QA'd list and because I was fed up of Pr0nogo shitting on some of the best campaigns ever made. THIS is my agenda: to counter the negative reputation of these campaigns and prove that a QA'd list will not be all red or empty as people have suggested. Maybe you are content to stand by and watch StarCraft die while Pr0nogo defines all the custom content ever made as crap but I'm not. I have all the time in the world to play through everything with at least an ounce of effort put into it with this lockdown and I might as well do something good simultaneously.

By the way, the only reason I fixed a few projects is because they were really good ones crippled with bugs that can easily be fixed in about 2 hours. I didn't want to do this, I tried everything possible to reach out to the creators and only did it as last resort to avoid having to give it a non recommendation. In any case, there's only a very small amount of campaigns in this situation and aside from votf (in that case it is the mods that need fixing) they've already been fixed so this debate is a bit moot. The David Kang campaign fixes even got approved by the original author.

I hope that after explaining this you can at least understand my motives better. This spreadsheet has privately been getting some positive feedback and to two people who privately initially had a negative opinion of it, I've explained in detail the purpose of my spreadsheet and turned both of them into supporters. If you feel there are other problems with my spreadsheet then by all means give me all the feedback you can, I want to make it the best it can be... But I won't go away and leave StarCraft and these campaigns to die.
Last edited by chris on Wed May 13, 2020 5:00 am, edited 15 times in total.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8297
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘ జ్ఞ‌ా

Re: Issues with posting

Post by IskatuMesk » Tue May 12, 2020 11:58 pm

top kek
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

SteakofStake
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:44 pm

Re: Issues with posting

Post by SteakofStake » Wed May 13, 2020 12:30 am

1316394994680.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8297
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘ జ్ఞ‌ా

Re: Issues with posting

Post by IskatuMesk » Wed May 13, 2020 12:56 am

He keeps editing his post because even though he doesn't want to have discussions with people he thinks are trump supporters he just can't let it go that he has literally no idea what he's actually talking about and desperately wants to be taken seriously. What a goofball.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:36 pm
Location: Canada, BC
Contact:

Re: Issues with posting

Post by UntamedLoli » Wed May 13, 2020 3:49 am

chris wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:53 pm
UntamedLoli wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:58 pm

You're really not grasping this situation. Making posts with nothing but your own arbitrary scores from this mockery of a review system you parade about is the very definition of being judgemental. Most of it is filled with senseless garbage because you can't figure out your own direction for it. It also lacks any sense of professionalism likely due to the fact you haven't been involved in making a damn thing to your name.
I'm not going to be friendly about it. Other peoples creative works are not yours to change to suit yourself. Especially to re-release them as some sort of "improved" version.
I am in no way trying to bully anyone, but I can see why people have gotten the wrong impression from my posts in the contest forums. As I said, I won't be doing these kinds of posts anymore.
UntamedLoli wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:58 pm
fuck off
That I won't do. I'm not going to let all these campaigns made over 22 years by people putting their heart into their work continue to have a reputation as nothing but crap. I will complete my spreadsheet and I will get these campaigns and these creators the attention they deserve. I should mention, I originally did not plan for this to even be public, I only did so because I noticed there is a demand for a QA'd list and because I was fed up of Pr0nogo shitting on some of the best campaigns ever made. THIS is my agenda: to counter the negative reputation of these campaigns and prove that a QA'd list will not be all red or empty as people have suggested. Maybe you are content to stand by and watch StarCraft die while Pr0nogo defines all the custom content ever made as crap but I'm not. I have all the time in the world to play through everything with at least an ounce of effort put into it with this lockdown and I might as well do something good simultaneously.

By the way, the only reason I fixed a few projects is because they were really good ones crippled with bugs that can easily be fixed in about 2 hours. I didn't want to do this, I tried everything possible to reach out to the creators and only did it as last resort to avoid having to give it a non recommendation. In any case, there's only a very small amount of campaigns in this situation and aside from votf (in that case it is the mods that need fixing) they've already been fixed so this debate is a bit moot. The David Kang campaign fixes even got approved by the original author.

I hope that after explaining this you can at least understand my motives better. This spreadsheet has privately been getting some positive feedback and to two people who privately initially had a negative opinion of it, I've explained in detail the purpose of my spreadsheet and turned both of them into supporters. If you feel there are other problems with my spreadsheet then by all means give me all the feedback you can, I want to make it the best it can be... But I won't go away and leave StarCraft and these campaigns to die.
Is that why your sheet is mostly red with crass and tactless commentary? Because you didn't want a list like that? You're irritating a hell of a lot more people that aren't willing to speak up publicly. I already know everything that's been happening. I get to hear about it every time you take this asinine opinion of yours and go about doing whatever you please. Regardless of how many peoples rights you trample on. You are downright disrespectful to everyone that made this content and has since moved on. Silence is not compliance.

You can't even put in the effort because you don't know how to play a game that involves you actually playing it without your hand being held. You repeatedly stated you skip things because you can't be bothered to improve. That you have the nerve to change someones work because it was too hard. Everyone makes fun of the TES modding communities going ape shit over the smallest things. It's exactly because of what you're doing that they do. You have zero respect for others' work and you can't see past your own delusion that you're somehow helping anyone by vandalizing content you had fuck all to do with. This includes ones that are still being made.

You've already explained your motives in Andrea's thread alone.
With my spreadsheet, starcraft has the opportunity to get this massive extended universe
I think I can take some of those and use them as "what-if" campaigns, similar to what marvel has planned to do next year with all of its past movies.
This would only be a problem if the authors were still active
Go make your own content instead of being a worthless leech if you don't want the game to die. Right now you're only accelerating it by ensuring nobody new ever bothers to start. Especially with how rectally devastated you are over trivial bullshit with IskatuMesk and Pr0nogo. Great job being the Trump of reviews instead of actually doing anything constructive.
Image
Image

User avatar

chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:09 am

Re: Issues with posting

Post by chris » Wed May 13, 2020 4:44 am

UntamedLoli wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:49 am

Is that why your sheet is mostly red with crass and tactless commentary? Because you didn't want a list like that? You're irritating a hell of a lot more people that aren't willing to speak up publicly. I already know everything that's been happening. I get to hear about it every time you take this asinine opinion of yours and go about doing whatever you please.
I think you're being a bit hyperbolic. Yes, the beginning is mostly red, this is because with the exception of the Drake clawfang campaigns and the tier E campaigns I have reviewed campaigns in an ascending order in order to avoid burnout. I'm pretty confident that most of the remaining campaigns will get recommendations. I'm just as disappointed as you are in how much red there is. I had hoped to find many diamonds in the rough but I found so few.
Regardless of how many peoples rights you trample on. You are downright disrespectful to everyone that made this content and has since moved on. Silence is not compliance.
you say this like as if I'm going around editing everything. I've edited exactly 5 things and have no plans to edit more as I have already said 3 times. The David Kang campaigns, ascension of Duran, gas, vagrants, and liberation. Let's go over all of these:
- liberation was a really enjoyable campaign that had a number of gamebreaking bugs in addition to an unfinished mission briefing. I merely fixed the gamebreaking bugs and completed the mission briefing. What's wrong with doing that? Would you rather that the user play it, see it in its former state, and conclude that it is crap just because of such simple issues? You want more red??? I couldn't reach out to the creator and quite frankly I don't think the creator cares considering the unfinished state the campaign was left in.
- the David Kang campaigns were fixed as I played them. I originally didn't plan on releasing those but I decided to email them to him while we were discussing the future of his series... And he approved my fixes which is why I released them. And the fixes weren't done because they were too hard, they were done because many of the maps were virtually unplayable without these fixes. There's a big difference between something being difficult and something being impossible. A difficult campaign is like voices of the swarm, an impossible campaign is something like legacy of kerrigan.
- when it comes to ascension of Duran, the second part had way too many bugs, including one map that has so many units that it reaches the engine limit and causes the AI to shut down. I tried every email I could find, send PM's, it was all for naught. It became the first campaign I would fix because the only other alternative was to mark it red despite the effort and passion that whiplash put into it. To be honest, I entirely blame myself for this situation. Had I played this earlier while he was active I'm sure he would have fixed the maps.
- Vagrants was left in a situation similar to liberation but as I would find out later in that case the creator abandoned it due to problems with 1.16.1. turns out he's still active and my release thread has motivated him to finally release his old stuff soon which is fantastic news. In any case, the fixes were extremely simple and focused of making the penultimate map actually work and the previous map be completable after the boss is defeated.
- gas... Yes, church did initially get upset over that. But we've since discussed my motivations... And we're on good terms now and we may even collaborate in the future. Hopefully me and you will soon be on good terms as well, from my perspective your criticism is really all just one big misunderstanding. :) Oh by the way, accusing me of editing hard campaigns to make them easier when gas is one of those campaigns doesn't really make any sense since gas is one of the easiest functional campaigns ever made.

You can't even put in the effort because you don't know how to play a game that involves you actually playing it without your hand being held. You repeatedly stated you skip things because you can't be bothered to improve.
I never skip things out of difficulty, if I skip a mission its because of unplayability or a plot that has completely fallen apart. The sole exception are the metathrom campaigns and my spreadsheet would have no credibility if I gave those two campaigns a recommendation. They're one of the main reasons why custom campaigns have acquired a bad reputation. The duo have aged terribly over the years and no one seems to have a copy of the playable version of flame knives that used to be on samods. If that is ever found, the campaign will get a recommendation in an instant. I have a column that handles difficulty and it doesn't affect the scores of campaigns except in extreme cases like stellar forces and aeon of the hawk.
That you have the nerve to change someones work because it was too hard.
I only did this once and it was a fix that wasn't even going to be released until the creator gave me the OK (David Kang campaigns) and even that is debatable because some maps were virtually impossible to win and the campaign is still pretty hard.
Everyone makes fun of the TES modding communities going ape shit over the smallest things. It's exactly because of what you're doing that they do.
forgive me for asking, but what does tes stand for? Look I'm not really a part of any community. I don't know any of these weird inside internet jokes. I spent the past 9 years enjoying the real world and when I'm done with my project and use it to bring attention to all these great I'm going to return to it. I haven't been active on a single forum since 2011 and flame wars like this are why I have avoided forums and communities.
You've already explained your motives in Andrea's thread alone.
Oh my god, you actually thought I meant that I would EDIT the campaigns to fit into such a extended universe? Lol. Oh man, this explains your anger. No. I absolutely will not do any such thing. Like I said, I'm done editing (except for votf mods), there's no more need to for me to make anymore edits and no edits are needed to make these fit into an extended universe. The plots of custom campaigns are more independent than you think and in the event that they do conflict they can be put in as "what-if". My idea is a IMAGE or SHEET showing a chronological ordering of campaigns. This also explains the weird question I was asked about if the authors would mind me doing this, I did think at the time it was weird that someone was suggesting that the authors of campaigns would mind me creating an image or sheet linking campaigns together. Man, this explains everything... What an incredible misunderstanding.

Edit: by the way, what do you mean by clout chasing exactly? If I could make my posts anonymously I would do so. I'm not interested in getting any attention for myself, why would I care what a bunch of strangers on the internet think of me? Don't you think I would have created my own thread at the start if I wanted attention? All I care is what people think of these campaigns and I mistakenly thought that by replying to existing campaign threads the attention would be focused on the campaigns instead of me. Unfortunately now you and the others in this thread have decided to direct attention to me. I never asked for this flame war.
UntamedLoli wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:49 am
Especially with how rectally devastated you are over trivial bullshit with IskatuMesk and Pr0nogo.
more hyperbole? I don't care about them. They're dead to me.
Last edited by chris on Wed May 13, 2020 6:41 am, edited 11 times in total.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8297
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘ జ్ఞ‌ా

Re: Issues with posting

Post by IskatuMesk » Wed May 13, 2020 4:58 am

I spent the past 9 years enjoying the real world and when I'm done with my project and use it to bring attention to all these great I'm going to return to it.
aXm2429xjU.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:55 am

Re: Issues with posting

Post by wibod » Wed May 13, 2020 5:11 am

chris wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:44 am
Like I said, I'm done editing (except for votf mods), there's no more need to for me to make anymore edits and no edits are needed to make these fit into an extended universe.
Anime holocaust confirmed

Image

Good choice being on the right side of history chris.
Image

User avatar

chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:09 am

Re: Issues with posting

Post by chris » Wed May 13, 2020 5:23 am

No. The planned changes (if they pass testing) are as follows:
- votf 1: make the mods work on 1.16.1 and with the missing buttons added.
- votf 1 "remix": same as above
- votf 2: same as above, also add in the custom graphics and properties of the black dream from votf4. I'm really hoping that the overmind doesn't appear in that campaign though or I'll have to abandon any hope of adding in the black dream graphics... You can probably guess why.
- votf 3: can't be fixed, the mpq is FUBAR. I'll have to include bwaidowngrader with this.
- votf 4: same as votf 1
- zeji: same as votf 1 in addition to fixing any bugs I find in the mod.

User avatar

UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:36 pm
Location: Canada, BC
Contact:

Re: Issues with posting

Post by UntamedLoli » Wed May 13, 2020 6:22 am

trump wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:44 am
UntamedLoli wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:49 am
Especially with how rectally devastated you are over trivial bullshit with IskatuMesk and Pr0nogo.
more hyperbole? I don't care about them. They're dead to me.
UntamedLoli wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:49 am
rectally devastated
I'm not playing this stupid game of "I didn't but I did". You're doing the exact same shit you were bitching about from Pr0nogo, you just can't admit he was right about something. You still don't seem to understand that you don't get to make the decisions with someone else's work. You're doing nothing but playing the hack politician you claim to despise.
Image
Image

Locked