Moderator: Milldawg

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Issues with posting

Post by IskatuMesk »

insanity1.png
insanity2.png
Watching the posts change is like watching a rat squirm around in a bucket sitting on top of a camp fire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

UntamedLoli wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:22 amYou just can't admit he was right about something.
What exactly are you saying? Are you saying you believe everything is crap? Because if so then you're really contradicting yourself.

Edit: and can you please take a deep breath and calm down? I think it's pretty clear now that your anger is entirely due to huge misunderstandings. Relax....
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

chris wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:53 am and can you please take a deep breath and calm down? I think it's pretty clear now that your anger is entirely due to huge misunderstandings. Relax....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

chris wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:53 am
UntamedLoli wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:22 amYou just can't admit he was right about something.
What exactly are you saying? Are you saying you believe everything is crap? Because if so then you're really contradicting yourself.

Edit: and can you please take a deep breath and calm down? I think it's pretty clear now that your anger is entirely due to huge misunderstandings. Relax....
My problem is with hacks that think the works of others is their playground to do whatever the fuck they please with.
chris

Post by chris »

But I do not think this untamedloli. That's what I'm trying to explain. Please read what I wrote earlier before where I explained everything. I'm not the kind of person you mistakenly think I am.

Edit: if I really thought of every campaign as a playground, don't you think I would have done a lot more edits to a lot more campaigns?

Edit2: and don't you think I would try to take credit for the edits I've done if I was that kind of person? I have not added any mention of myself in the readme of my edits, even though David Kang allowed me to do so in his campaign. You know why? You'd know why if you read what I wrote earlier: I don't want attention being brought to me. This QA project is about the campaigns, not me.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

chris wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:06 am I don't want attention being brought to me.
:thinking:
kek1.png
:thinking::thinking:
kek2.png
:thinking::thinking::thinking:
kek3.png
:pray::cross:
kek4.png
:joy::ok_hand:
imagefdsfdsfdsfds.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chris

Post by chris »

I think it's time to end this discussion with this quote:
Andrea Rosa wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:29 am
chris wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:18 pm I believe Andrea will vouch that in his campaign threads me and Eredalis have in no way been judgmental but have instead focused on being encouraging and helping to stamp out bugs, as well as discussing our love for starcraft and custom campaigns and criticizing those who ARE judgmental (like Pr0nogo).

There is no need to vouch for that. Anyone who has been following my campaign threads for a while will know that both Chris and Eredalis have been greatly helpful, not judgmental, and they haven't been trying to sway my creativity in their direction in any way. Indeed, I wish there were more people like them in this community (both here and on Staredit Network).
The fact is, all this anger towards me is ultimately due to a huge misunderstanding regarding my motives which is in turn is due to people suddenly showing up for the first time in since at least November, taking a brief look at the forums, and assuming the absolute worst. I recognize that this is my fault for the way in which I tried to bring attention to campaigns by necroing threads, for the ascending order of my spreadsheet, and the terrible way I phrased my plans for an extended StarCraft universe. However those necro posts are now gone and I have sufficiently explained my true motives in my previous replies and I hope when people calm down and read thoroughly through what I have said earlier they will realise I'm not the villain they thought I was. If anyone else wishes to continue discussing this, please send me a PM. I'm done with this thread.

Edit: everyone who decides to flame me without reading what I've written first (believe me, I'll know if you read or not) is getting ignored. I won't waste time with unreasonable people.
Last edited by chris on Wed May 13, 2020 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

Don't listen to the haters chris, I support you in your endeavor to remaster all of the old campaigns for the modern age. And don't feel ashamed about your necrophilia, in the current year it's not a crime and merely an acceptable sexual orientation!
Schwa
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Schwa »

Dude, I don't care if you aren't responding anymore. Shitposting aside, the core of the problem here is you taking other people's work and editing them to share on a mass scale without their express permission. Honestly this whole scenario would have been completely different if you reached out to the authors BEFORE you started reviewing, ripping apart and "fixing" things. Okay, so some of the bugs were quick fixes. That doesn't matter. So you aren't taking credit for these fixes. That doesn't matter. The reason you are doing this is misunderstood? Doesn't fucking matter. Intentions are trumped by words and actions. It would be different if you were just doing the fixes for yourself and your own enjoyment, but the fact is you are "fixing it to preserve them and the game" is kind of a slap to the face of all the hard work already put in. It's saying these works aren't worth playing or even viewing if you don't step in and fix everything. That their legacy will be forgotten. Thing is, they've already made their impact and continue to do so even if you don't personally see it.

Think of it this way. Say I published a book and it had a couple of clunky lines or a plot hole in it. This book has been on the shelf for years and I'm content with how it is despite its problems. I've moved on and learned from it and gone on to other things. You pick up this book off the shelf, see these problems and say, hey, I'm going to just go ahead and do this author a big favour by fixing those little problems, and put it on the shelf in my bookstore so that people can REALLY appreciate its value. You didn't have my permission, you didn't ask if it was okay or work with me to write a second edition of the book. You just did it. In any other industry, there are proper ways to go about this. You didn't, so not only is the author pissed you went ahead and did this, but the publisher, bookstore owner and current fans are upset that you didn't even ask if it was okay or allowed to do so.

What you've been doing is rude, disrespectful and it's basically shitting all over other people's work because you need a quarantine project until you return to the "real world." There are ways to give feedback, criticism and suggest changes without just stampeding through and taking it upon yourself like you're the savior of the game and modding community. Take a step back, realize why everyone here is so mad and pull your head out of your self-righteousness. You keep acting like you're the bigger person. Well time to show don't tell, sweetheart.
Drunk Swede

Post by Drunk Swede »

chris wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:53 pm I won't waste my time reading the rest of your reply or any further posts you make in light of this revelation.
Wow, nice work disregarding any of my actual points. My joke regarding that video you posted implies that I am quite familiar with Kraut, and I am saying that he has lost all credibility to the point where in any serious circles, scientific or political, he is a joke, just like you are with your panicked 15 edits to that post. I guess you really just like editing things for the fuck of it, just like you do with other people's work without the author's permission, while then attempting to strongarm people to host your glorious versions instead of the originals.

I don't care if you retroactively gain the permissions of these authors, that's just correcting your original mistake. As you've already stated here you're going to go after RCX's work at some point, and I know you haven't attempted to contact him for permissions, because I am 99% he'd shoot your ass down immediately, and he sure as hell wouldn't let you rehost it.

The reason I at all bring up Kraut is that you're quite similar to him in a way. He attempted to bat in a field above his paygrade, and got humiliated for it, and you've stated you intend to maintain your current course, apparently regardless of how many people it rubs the wrong way.
Schwa

Post by Schwa »

So...you have everyone's express permission then?
SteakofStake
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by SteakofStake »

chris you gotta stop putting up a righteous front to try and excuse what you're doin' man, your ego needs to chill a bit. Or keep it up, the banter's been good
Arkanis

Post by Arkanis »

When I dubbed this thread "issues with posting" I didn't expect it would develop into this kind of "issues with posting" lmao
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Arkanis wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:13 am When I dubbed this thread "issues with posting" I didn't expect it would develop into this kind of "issues with posting" lmao
This has been a long time coming, this thread just sort of turned into the staging point for it. Just how the lard tumbles.
wibod

Post by wibod »

Don't listen to these f-slurs chris. I spoke with mucky and he gave you permission to remaster warrior man X.