Issues with posting

Moderator: Milldawg

Arkanis
Terran Refinery Attendant

Issues with posting

Post by Arkanis »

Well hi, I'm new to these forums in what comes to account management (I've been a -rather very- casual reader for a long time), and I chose to create an account of my own out of renewed interest in SC playing. In part, thanks to some recent campaigns which have been coming out (and most specially those made by Andrea Rosa) but also because there seems to be a raising interest in SC and SCBW elsewhere as well.

This said, I actually attempted to take the chance to presentate myself in one of the threads in the Starcraft Discussion subforum just as I commented on one of Andrea Rosa's campaigns, yet the site keeps telling me that my messages need to be approved first. It's been over a day already and they still don't get approved. I've attempted to post a couple more messages on other threads yet the same happens over and over again. I'm not even sure whether this post will need to get such an approval as well but I guess I had to try something else. :S

Hope this can be sorted out. Nonetheless, cheers to everyone and have a nice time!
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Issues with posting

Post by Lavarinth »

Notifications on new user posts were not sending, approved your posts.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

Lavarinth wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:59 pm Notifications on new user posts were not sending, approved your posts.
Why is this limitation here anyway? It only hurts the ability for this community to grow. SEN has no such limitation for new users...
Arkanis

Post by Arkanis »

Lavarinth wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:59 pm Notifications on new user posts were not sending, approved your posts.
Thanks! I was already giving up any hope of seeing my old messages again xD Thank you very much. ;)
chris wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:28 am Why is this limitation here anyway? It only hurts the ability for this community to grow. SEN has no such limitation for new users...
Agree, this was not merely an issue with having old messages approved, but at first I was entirely unable to comment for days until I had one post approved. While I may understand that this can be useful for preventing random users and trolls from having leeway to post, this may discourage other newbies from posting. After all, I was able to sort the first major issue of being unable to post at all by remaining insistent, but other people may just give up at the first try.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

chris wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:28 am
Why is this limitation here anyway? It only hurts the ability for this community to grow. SEN has no such limitation for new users...
You clearly missed the bots that were running loose.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

chris wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:28 am
If SEN is such a great place you should just stay there. You won't be missed.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

There are currently 40 pending posts by bots. That is why.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Drunk Swede

Post by Drunk Swede »

The only issues with posting I've noticed on CC is a growing infestation of defilers, or perhaps necromancers roaming around a metaphorical graveyard, raising the dead with only the darkest, dankest magics. Their mana comes from 3rd parties not natural to the world they pretend to inhabit here. The groundskeeper of this sacred resting place has been away for too long, and it might be time for a little cleanup.
chris

Post by chris »

Drunk Swede wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:06 am The only issues with posting I've noticed on CC is a growing infestation of defilers, or perhaps necromancers roaming around a metaphorical graveyard, raising the dead with only the darkest, dankest magics. Their mana comes from 3rd parties not natural to the world they pretend to inhabit here. The groundskeeper of this sacred resting place has been away for too long, and it might be time for a little cleanup.
Heh, you probably should have checked the forum before posting this because a few hours prior to your post this is exactly what happened. There will be no more necromancy. Sorry about the mess earlier.
Drunk Swede

Post by Drunk Swede »

chris wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:59 amHeh, you probably should have checked the forum before posting this because a few hours prior to your post this is exactly what happened. There will be no more necromancy. Sorry about the mess earlier.
My statement was a little bit more broad than just referring to you specifically, but since you went out and highlighted yourself right here, let's talk about you. I've kept an eye out for your posts since the time you had your meltdown at Mesk in the Trump spergout thread and posted a youtube link to a video made by a legitimate degenerate who loves vibrating nipple clamps and goes on about pregnant trouts. What I've seen since then is this googledocs shit embedded over and over again everywhere. This asinine attempt at claiming some manner of authority on custom content by "reviewing" long dead, abandoned projects, or worse, "remastering" them.

Worse yet, when you read the author's readme file, and don't see a permissions section, you assume that their silence is consent to your meddling. Now we could argue all day about the quality, or lack thereof, of whatever project you meddle with, but it doesn't change the fact that you are disrespectful to what is at this point a corpse in a graveyard. Lav removing some 10+ year necrobumps of threads does not address the issue.

Aside from that, back to that post in the Trump thread, you stated that you couldn't trust Mesk's opinions on Starcraft modding because you realized you disagreed with him politically. Why would someone's opinions on geopolitics or whatever be more relevant than having over a decade of experience in the subject at hand? Same goes for your statement on David Kang in another thread, claiming that he can't be used for beta testing campaigns because he's too high skill. Nothing you have said or done for the last half year on this site implies that you want to contribute to Starcraft's custom content, only that you want to gain clout.

I still maintain my point. There is indeed an issue with posting on CC as the OP suggests, I agree with that, but it's not due to the first posts by a new user requiring human verification, nor is it just with necrobumps. It's a problem with clout-chasing graverobbers.
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

I think chris is a highly valued member of this community (as evidenced by his post count). His goal of remastering old campaigns to make them adhere to modern design standards is evidence of his high IQ.
Drunk Swede

Post by Drunk Swede »

wibod wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:24 pm I think chris is a highly valued member of this community (as evidenced by his post count). His goal of remastering old campaigns to make them adhere to modern design standards is evidence of his high IQ.
I guess I'm just too low brow to truly appreciate the wonders of Chieftain Splitcock and his fanbase of genital abuse enablers, but you have enlightened me good sir. I now understand. Post count directly corresponds to post quality, and I just need to get with the times and appreciate modernity so I can be on the right side of history (oh no wait, that's sexist, I mean HERstory).
wibod

Post by wibod »

Drunk Swede wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:41 pm
wibod wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:24 pm I think chris is a highly valued member of this community (as evidenced by his post count). His goal of remastering old campaigns to make them adhere to modern design standards is evidence of his high IQ.
I guess I'm just too low brow to truly appreciate the wonders of Chieftain Splitcock and his fanbase of genital abuse enablers, but you have enlightened me good sir. I now understand. Post count directly corresponds to post quality, and I just need to get with the times and appreciate modernity so I can be on the right side of history (oh no wait, that's sexist, I mean HERstory).
Calling him Chieftain Splitcock is incorrect as he is not Native American (with the acknowledgement that my ancestor's stole their land), instead he should be known as Obersturmbannführer Splitcock.
Drunk Swede

Post by Drunk Swede »

wibod wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:11 pm
Drunk Swede wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:41 pm
Calling him Chieftain Splitcock is incorrect as he is not Native American (with the acknowledgement that my ancestor's stole their land), instead he should be known as Obersturmbannführer Splitcock.
Ah, my bad, wouldn't want to offend anyone. I will be more careful, and just split the difference (much like this individual split his cock), and call him Trout&Tears. If any other academic has anything to correct, I await their response.
UntamedLoli

Post by UntamedLoli »

chris wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:18 pm
Lavarinth wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:40 am @Andrea Rosa, hello. I just want to drop off a quick note for you while you continue to produce what some would call "art". Campaigns, maps, scenarios, mods, fiction, anything is art here. With that said my only words of advice are older than the game you are using to create your work, but a truly quoted and practiced method here over decades in my and many other's experience:
Don't listen to what anyone has to say. This is for you, first and foremost.

You are not here to appease other people, only yourself. If you enjoy the work you have created, then what value is there from those who throw percentages, ranks, fact-checking, correction, or anything else at you in attempts to essentially sway your creativity in their direction. Be your own inspiration, let your own imagination grow and prosper. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I've sent you a PM but I'll say this part publicly: I believe Andrea will vouch that in his campaign threads me and Eredalis have in no way been judgmental but have instead focused on being encouraging and helping to stamp out bugs, as well as discussing our love for starcraft and custom campaigns and criticizing those who ARE judgmental (like Pr0nogo).
You're really not grasping this situation. Making posts with nothing but your own arbitrary scores from this mockery of a review system you parade about is the very definition of being judgemental. Most of it is filled with senseless garbage because you can't figure out your own direction for it. It also lacks any sense of professionalism likely due to the fact you haven't been involved in making a damn thing to your name.

That you are actively trying to use it to bully others into doing what you want. The amount of sheer delusion at work is incredible. It's entire existence is to push your own agenda under this facade of helping the community.

I'm not going to be friendly about it. Other peoples creative works are not yours to change to suit yourself. Especially to re-release them as some sort of "improved" version. Just fuck right off. Clout-chasing grave robber is right.