We are the subject of research

Moderator: Milldawg

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: We are the subject of research

Post by IskatuMesk »

You mean the lazy ass specularity in sc2 et all? Yeah, that bothers the hell out of me, too. It's funny because you can do a lot more in those engines, it's just no one bothers trying to.

Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

IskatuMesk wrote:You mean the lazy ass specularity in sc2 et all? Yeah, that bothers the hell out of me, too. It's funny because you can do a lot more in those engines, it's just no one bothers trying to.
It bothers me in everything, including Fallout. Something about everything looking wet even when you are inside...
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

In my game design for graphics that's one of the first things I point out as wanting to avoid. But when no one tries to hold developers to any standards, lazy is the money lane.
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

What the hell? As someone who studies Anthropology, you should be well-versed in the globally historic fact that shiny thing = best thing. Gold and gems carry the greatest value, mercury cures everything, and hologram trading cards induce convulsions of excitement. Do you even watch Pantene commercials? Games need to be shinier, and come in metallic packaging at all times. You not desiring this makes you an outlier, a mutant to be ostracized. I bet you always get matte photos over glossy, huh? You heathen.
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

I have used my godly powers and changed Bill's gender.

More specifically, I swapped Kelly's posts as Mr. to Posy. Let me know if I missed any, as I imagine it's easier to edit and update your work from one account rather than swapping around and forgetting which one you're on.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I'll change your gender you privilege-burdened neanderthal!
Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

Hercanic wrote:
More specifically, I swapped Kelly's posts as Mr. to Posy. Let me know if I missed any, as I imagine it's easier to edit and update your work from one account rather than swapping around and forgetting which one you're on.
Awesome, thanks! With four computers between the two of us it gets a bit confusing, but I will try to pay better attention.

Only one post I saw that was mine.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Got it!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

Hercanic wrote:What the hell? As someone who studies Anthropology, you should be well-versed in the globally historic fact that shiny thing = best thing. Gold and gems carry the greatest value, mercury cures everything, and hologram trading cards induce convulsions of excitement. Do you even watch Pantene commercials? Games need to be shinier, and come in metallic packaging at all times. You not desiring this makes you an outlier, a mutant to be ostracized. I bet you always get matte photos over glossy, huh? You heathen.
Actually, it has been scientifically proven that the descent of anatomically modern humans, or Homo sapiens sapiens, as the ascendent species on Earth can be attributed to the transition from stone tools to copper, bronze and iron. There is a positive correlation between the metallic luster of material artifacts and mankind's lust for money and power, which led to increased warfare between the neolithic and metal ages. Personally, I think the human species sold out after the Ice Age.
Last edited by Posy on Wed May 13, 2015 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

Don't kid yourself, life has all been downhill since the cretaceous.
Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

It's true. Shit got real boring after the extinction of dinosaurs.

At least we have our Jurassic Park hologram trading cards!
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

but the earth is only two thousand years old and evolution doesn't exist you guys are heretics and will burn in hole
Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

Is this a version of Hell where you're forced to watch Holes on repeat with Shia Labeouf for all of eternity?

Or just a literal hole? Because I feel like I could make a go of living in a hole...
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

It is hole, the place where the dabl ran off with gogney's awms and all the interns eventually tumble into one way or another.
Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

So this is totally belated, but I meant to ask if anyone would be interested in seeing a rough draft of my thesis before I submit it? It's not due until the end of July so I've got a bit of time to work on and edit it. I haven't touched it in a couple of weeks, because trying to edit a 100 page document turns your brain to mush, and I needed a break. Right now I'm waiting for some feedback from my adviser, so once I get that and make the changes, I can share it with anyone who wants to see it.

It might not be of too much interest to everyone here, since it's mostly about FFS, but I figure it'll give anyone a chance to contest anything they think is just plain wrong.