Final Metamorphosis

Moderator: Milldawg

AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Re: Final Metamorphosis - Total Laugh.

Post by AA7Dragoon »

I'm in no place to judge a guy who made a pretty awesome fan-made video.

And neither are you.

Kudos to him for putting in the effort for producing such an entertaining video that made me reminiscent of my old StarCraft days.
Eredalis
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by Eredalis »

AA7Dragoon wrote:I'm in no place to judge a guy who made a pretty awesome fan-made video.

And neither are you.

Kudos to him for putting in the effort for producing such an entertaining video that made me reminiscent of my old StarCraft days.
#
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Well, I didn't think the guy is being judged. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I don't care if you're god. I will scrutinize your work, like it or not.

Besides, why open up one's naked ass to someone you think is awesome or has done something awesome? It's a service to have even given comments, and critique.

But whatever.
Gradius
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by Gradius »

So I realized I still have an account on this site after this thread was pointed out to me. Pretty disappointed at the quality of the "criticism" here however.
Lavarinth wrote:The Terran scenes were great aside the Hydralisk moving so slowly
If you play SC2 the Hydralisk's slow speed off creep is a recurring joke in the pro-gaming community.
Lavarinth wrote:Kerrigan against Zeratul(?) looked.. weird. I didn't realize Protoss were so.. slimy.
That's Tassadar. Zeratul is a Dark Templar. I didn't realize anything here was "slimy" though.
GnaReffotsirk wrote:And mutalisks in space. I really don't think Mutalisks are used by the Zerg in outer space. Scourges, guardians, yes, but not mutas.
I r disappoint GNA. Mutas have been flying in space for over a decade now.
Falchion wrote:After the awesomeness of Black Sun, something to laugh on:
Countless man hours have been spent in the development & rendering of this cinematic. Some things such as the voice & animations were rushed because it's a single guy doing all of this. I'm sure freespace appreciates your useful criticism though, and I bet your own body of work is much more impressive.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Falchion is what we call a troll; try not to take anything he says too seriously.
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

IskatuMesk wrote:Falchion is what we call a moron; try not to take anything he says too seriously.
ftfy
Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

IskatuMesk wrote:Falchion is what we call a troll; try not to take anything he says too seriously.
Pfft. Look who talks... A guy who's always gotta find something to troll on. Only difference is he's praised while I get ranted.
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

wibod

Post by wibod »

Falchion wrote:
IskatuMesk wrote:Falchion is what we call a troll; try not to take anything he says too seriously.
Pfft. Look who talks... A guy who's always gotta find something to troll on. Only difference is he's praised while I get ranted.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Falchion wrote:
Praised? I think the only one who genuinely praises me is you, actually...

/e

I also I don't recall opening threads in GD for the sole purpose of attacking user-made videos...
Falchion
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

IskatuMesk wrote:
Falchion wrote:
Praised? I think the only one who genuinely praises me is you, actually...

/e

I also I don't recall opening threads in GD for the sole purpose of attacking user-made videos...
Way I remember, unless I'm on Alzheimer, someone posted the First Contact video and you smacked down on it. Way I see, you've set the example and I merely followed it. Guess attempting to blend in further requires such 101, right?
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yeah, I did. I also gave reasoning to my criticism, as I generally tend to do. I also happen to be somewhat familiar with the gentleman who made these videos, since we were both part of SoW for a time.

Although you may think you're following by example, you're not. You're taking something and making a total mess of it.
After the awesomeness of Black Sun, something to laugh on:
The way I see things here is rather simple. You're in ass-kiss mode, and honestly, it's irritating. While I appreciate that you enjoyed Black Sun, the fact you made this thread literally right after I posted it speaks far louder than anything in any of the replies. Not to mention, the shitstorm you created has totally overshadowed Black Sun's thread and release on CC, and has undermined my efforts here as a whole. To me, this is embarrassing at the very least. I don't want anything I have created here to be associated with direct attacks/comparisons to unrelated works.

You seem confused, so allow me to elaborate.

While I enjoy bashing as much as the next guy, I try to do so in a manner in which is justified and presents my criticism in a manner that makes sense, and I tend to actually present criticism in the first place. If something is blatantly wrong or broken, I will state that something is blatantly wrong or broken. I think it's fine to make a thread or a reply about something to criticize, but I also think that you should actually present some degree of justification to this action, otherwise you come off as petty and redundant. How you word your criticism will then play into trolling and baiting, but you don't play words, you just directly attack something for no apparent reason.

Also, in half the instances I have opened attacks on something, I haven't gotten away without some kind of backlash or counter-argument. Here's your turn.

I find the OP to be lame at best.

/locks thread in mind

(I'm also trying to be a bit less of a dick to other modders these days... I guess Black Sun taught me a thing or two.)
mAc Chaos
Zerg Zergling Groomer
Zerg Zergling Groomer

Post by mAc Chaos »

People are hating on this? I thought it was a Blizzard trailer at first. Then I slowly realized it was playing out scenes from SC1 and it was awesome. I recognized some of the music straight from the cutscenes too. The scenes were kind of random at first, but big deal.
http://sanctuary-inc.net/
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

First, before I respond to this in the spirit of mending what seems to be taken as offense, when I come to this site, I'm in a developer mode. Not in a fan mode.

I understand completely that praise is the only reward you are seeking, and I understand completely that the thread title can be misleading or even touch some sensitive spots. My thoughts could have fallen under the first impression taken from the thread title and what not, but I was here to save this thread from sounding like a douche.

Regardless, you guys should not take offense, I honestly believe you are capable of taking rough, well written, or whatever kind of opinion they may be.
Gradius wrote:So I realized I still have an account on this site after this thread was pointed out to me. Pretty disappointed at the quality of the "criticism" here however.
With regards to my posts, why?
Gradius wrote:I r disappoint GNA. Mutas have been flying in space for over a decade now.
It's okay. LOL. You don't have to expect much from me. I didn't have a clue it was widely accepted, or if it was lore. If it was lore, then Lore needs some explaining to do. It just looks awkward. But whatever. As such, I myself will not include mutas in space in any cinematics in the future.

And that Battlecruiser scene in WoL where mutas were attacking them, prior to the invasion of Char, looked awkward to me.

I'm not going to suck it up, Grad. Again, I'm in developer mode when I give comments. You guys should not take offense from me. Do I have to say this? You know me, and how I appreciate even the simplest things. When I give critique, it is to give you guys my honest opinions, which one needs improving, etc. You might not care for this right now, nor ever. It doesn't matter.

Check my post on SC:L man.

Besides, you don't need me to cheer for you. Nor be impressed by the work. You know yourselves to have done well and have done it sincerely, given your capacity atm.

So, now that's out of the way, I understand this is your first ever release of something like this. Just keep doing what you love. There's always room for development.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

AA7Dragoon wrote:I'm in no place to judge a guy who made a pretty awesome fan-made video.

And neither are you.

I have a degree in animation... I have the ability to judge considering I know what I'm talking about. You have a mafia game to finish up, seriously.
Gradius wrote:So I realized I still have an account on this site after this thread was pointed out to me. Pretty disappointed at the quality of the "criticism" here however.
Lavarinth wrote:The Terran scenes were great aside the Hydralisk moving so slowly
If you play SC2 the Hydralisk's slow speed off creep is a recurring joke in the pro-gaming community.
Lavarinth wrote:Kerrigan against Zeratul(?) looked.. weird. I didn't realize Protoss were so.. slimy.
That's Tassadar. Zeratul is a Dark Templar. I didn't realize anything here was "slimy" though.
Hey Gradius, for starters, ignored Falchion, he's been hormonal for some time now. As for your responses, I understand the possibility of it being a joke or such, but it breaks the rhythm in regards to animation. I could go into greater detail such as the single focused Marine acting incredibly slow in his motions while the Zerglings are at their normal pace, but the Hydralisk stood out. I figured it couldn't be Zeratul, but wasn't registering that this was a past event. So, it's Tassadar. The Dark Templar style teleportation would of never convinced me, but that epic finger explosion says otherwise ;) None-the-less his face is extremely wet looking, 5:35 being the closest cut to it. It's highly reflective, and there's never been an indication of them having any 'shiny' skin. I know you could say "it's the effects around him" but I see it everywhere prior to that as well.

To be flat out honest, though- I'd hire them. I may bicker to enhance animation speeds, but aside that the rest of the artwork, (not including vocals, unfortunately,) is pretty great.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator