The Useless Games Thread

Moderator: Milldawg

Archangel
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Post by Archangel »

I only got to play the first Civ. That was the game that got me into computer games. Period.

Then my buddy introduced me to Command & Conquer on, I think it was the N64 or whatever consol it was on (forever ago) and that blew my mind. "IT'S LIKE CHESS! BUT AT THE SAME TIME!"

Then, in 8th grade we got ahold of a copy of Warcraft 2 and that was it for me. I was an RTS whore groupie. Have been ever since.
Legion wrote: All that name-calling, man, I gotta ask... What's the deal?
Your free trial of Flame Warz 2010 has expired. If you would like to continue, please "subscribe" by selecting any of our auto-renewal premiere accounts available: Basic / Xtra / Xstream / InternetNub.
[color=#ff9227]- Archangel
Best Damn Voice Actor There Ever Was[/color]
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Archangel wrote: I only got to play the first Civ. That was the game that got me into computer games. Period.

Then my buddy introduced me to Command & Conquer on, I think it was the N64 or whatever consol it was on (forever ago) and that blew my mind. "IT'S LIKE CHESS! BUT AT THE SAME TIME!"

Then, in 8th grade we got ahold of a copy of Warcraft 2 and that was it for me. I was an RTS whore groupie. Have been ever since.
Your free trial of Flame Warz 2010 has expired. If you would like to continue, please "subscribe" by selecting any of our auto-renewal premiere accounts available: Basic / Xtra / Xstream / InternetNub.
Haha, flaming? Are you for real? Cos I called you pretentious back?

I better run for, now that you've called in the cavalry and all.
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

Legion wrote:
Archangel wrote: I only got to play the first Civ. That was the game that got me into computer games. Period.

I'm not even going to pretend that I know what you're talking about.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Archangel wrote:
Legion wrote:

I'm sorry. I hear that a lot, actually. Allow me to elaborate, then. :)

There was a typo there. It should say, "I better run, now that you've called in the cavalry and all."

I was referring to your calling my replies "flaming", apparently hoping someone important might notice and do me unimaginable harm.

What I meant was that you called me (and Mesk) pretentious, at which point I called you pretentious back (hey, it's only fair, cos you are at least as much as I am). You couldn't handle that, I think, and what came after that was a series of "tag-you're it" comments... until you called my actions flaming...

...which I thought was weak.
Last edited by Legion on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

Legion wrote:
Archangel wrote:
Legion wrote:

There was a typo there. It should say, "I better run, now that you've called in the cavalry and all."

I was referring to your calling my replies "flaming", apparently hoping someone important might notice and do me unimaginable harm.

What I meant was that you called me (and Mesk) pretentious, at which point I called you pretentious back (hey, it's only fair, cos you are at least as much as I am). You couldn't handle that, I think, and what came after that was a series of "tag-you're it" comments... until you called my actions flaming...

Whoa whoa whoa. I think you and I are having two entirely different conversations here.

But considering I was referring to my own posts as flames which you witlessly tripped over yourself throughout, I must say this is telling me a lot about you and how important you think yourself to be.

Let me help you out here: If I wanted to flag you, I wouldn't bother conspiring a devious plot, weaving subtle messages into a drawn-out thread hoping someone of prominence might notice our squabble and take some sort of unspecified action. I'd much easier simply message Lavs personally and tell him to do you "unimaginable harm." To which he would laugh and call me an idiot. Because this entire ordeal is not as important as you think it is.

Because you're not as important as you think you are.

Hence the communication gap.
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

"Now see here, sir.  I raise your penis with my own and piss at thee!"

"That be a sorry piss.  Notice how mine is much more clear and copious.  Your yellow hue is soiling the snow."

"What ho!  It is the yellowness that gives my piss an assertive swagger and presence.  Yours marks only the presence of a child's stream!"

"Mayhap o villainous miscreant.  But no one can deny how your pubes interfere with the flow of your piss.  It's as if a woman is tinkling!"

"Fie!  You go too far, sir!"
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Archangel wrote:
Legion wrote:
Archangel wrote:
Legion wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa. I think you and I are having two entirely different conversations here.

But considering I was referring to my own posts as flames which you witlessly tripped over yourself throughout, I must say this is telling me a lot about you and how important you think yourself to be.

Let me help you out here: If I wanted to flag you, I wouldn't bother conspiring a devious plot, weaving subtle messages into a drawn-out thread hoping someone of prominence might notice our squabble and take some sort of unspecified action. I'd much easier simply message Lavs personally and tell him to do you "unimaginable harm." To which he would laugh and call me an idiot. Because this entire ordeal is not as important as you think it is.

Because you're not as important as you think you are.

Hence the communication gap.
Bummer.

I could have gone on for days.

Edit:

However, you telling me I'm not as important as I think I am makes me laugh uncontrollably. Really, I mean, it's the "pretentious situation"  all over again a couple of posts further down.

Edit 2:

AA7, get out of the way. I was about to nail this fucker!!! :D
Last edited by Legion on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

*eats popcorn and takes drink of Tab Cola*

I'm waiting for the "yo mama..." jokes to begin. Please tell me this is only a preview of a full-length feature!
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
K_A
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Post by K_A »

This has nothing to do with useless games anymore.
However this is quite a useless argument.....
Perhaps you both think of this argument as a game.
I'm probably wasting my time here, but
GO GET A ROOM!
no seriously there should be a thread for this
Hmmmmm whats this blue box doing here.....
Whoahh I can type in it!
I think i'll leave a message in it...........
*Writes something down*
                                              ......Hi
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

K_A wrote: This has nothing to do with useless games anymore.
I know. That's because Archangel called me pretentious after I expressed my dislike of Command & Conquer, if memory serves.

Feel free to get this topic back on track. I'm having a great time either way, so don't do it for me. Do it for the children.
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

To be fair, Mesk is like a lot of my friends which could easily annoy the hell out of anyone at the same time that they would make others fall in love with them in homosexual ways, so I can see how someone could get offended by him. Hell people get offended by his commentary.

But I'd like to think of all this as entertainment.
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

Legion wrote:
K_A wrote: This has nothing to do with useless games anymore.
I know. That's because Archangel called me pretentious after I expressed my dislike of Command & Conquer, if memory serves.

Feel free to get this topic back on track. I'm having a great time either way, so don't do it for me. Do it for the children.
Last CnC game worth playing was RA2.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Xelxiuz wrote: To be fair, Mesk is like a lot of my friends which could easily annoy the hell out of anyone at the same time that they would make others fall in love with them in homosexual ways, so I can see how someone could get offended by him. Hell people get offended by his commentary.

OK. But you sure you're in the right thread? This is the epic battle between Archangel (the bad) and Legion (the good).
wibod wrote: Last CnC game worth playing was RA2.
Hmm. Debatable.
Xelxiuz

Post by Xelxiuz »

Legion wrote:
Xelxiuz wrote: To be fair, Mesk is like a lot of my friends which could easily annoy the hell out of anyone at the same time that they would make others fall in love with them in homosexual ways, so I can see how someone could get offended by him. Hell people get offended by his commentary.

OK. But you sure you're in the right thread? This is the epic battle between Archangel (the bad) and Legion (the good).
wibod wrote: Last CnC game worth playing was RA2.
Hmm. Debatable.
Oh I know, but someone mentioned Mesk, so I figured I'd bring him back into the side lines so we can get this ONE ON ONE NO ITEMS NO TIME LIMIT FINAL DESTINATION match going.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

ew C&C

Generals was okay I guess, best game of the lot

everything else...

ew.