Some questions about HunCraft

cyronc
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Some questions about HunCraft

Post by cyronc »

first of all i am not from Hungary and i dont speak nor understand Magyar.

obviously first question: is there an english or at least english-text version of this scbw-expansion set(i think its rather that than a normal mod or a norxemal campaign) available somewhere?
i found the campaigncreations huncraft-genocide site but i seem unable to access the exe download.(BTW i HAVE downloaded the hungarian version [yep all ~640 mb]). maybe someone could reupload/fix link? ::)

if there is no english or semi-english version available, do some transcripts of all the dialogue, mission briefings, ... all the fluff, exist in either English OR Magyar (i wont try going over all tbls, chks, txts, glues, whatever there else is inside these (se)mpqs myself, as it is DAMN MUCH STUFF!! :o
(would be cool to have transcripts of the videos too, since there are not always subtitles present)
if it exists Magyar only i atleast could throw it at some translation programs to beat the crap out of them  :P

also if there are any ppl out there who could add some vital information to these topic, feel free as always.

thats all

big thx in advance
Revan
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Re: Some questions about HunCraft

Post by Revan »

I think it doesn't exist. There is no transcrips on the Huncraft site ( http://www.huncraft.hu/ ), not even a mention about it.
Signature can be found here.
christo161

Post by christo161 »

Every turn in the game translated into English. The article is avaliable here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/huncraft-genocide
You can understand everything in the game (even the campaign) with this article.
There is also a summary article about the game and the story:
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/HunCraft

This game is existed since 2001, but there were no commercials about it. It could have been a well known game (even if it is in Hungarian) if it were advertised.
However it is not not updated to the newest patch, but it works well with the newest patched brood war if you want to play only single player.
Network game works only with 1.09b brood war patch. All battlenet servers for huncraft are offline permanently.

It would be nice to see on youtube how some sc1 pro gamers play with this game. New units are a little bit imbalanced but I am sure that this game shouldnt missed by any great starcraft 1 players.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

You know, if Starcraft 2 is like this... at least I wouldn't rage.

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
christo161

Post by christo161 »

This is about Starcraft 1. And if somebody liked Starcraft 1 campaign, they will like this also. Of course Starcraft 2 is much much better =)
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

christo161 wrote:This is about Starcraft 1. And if somebody liked Starcraft 1 campaign, they will like this also. Of course Starcraft 2 is much much better =)
You liked Starcraft 2? Wow...

What I meant to say is that this campaign, despite it's ridiculous story and striving to became an expansion pack for Brood War, was still 10 times better than what Blizzard did with Starcraft 2 terrible excuse for a storyline...

christo161

Post by christo161 »

First of all I think Starcraft 1 is better than Starcraft 2. I said Starcraft 2 is much much better because when I say something about Huncraft I got used to read that "hey man, Starcraft 2 is out, Starcraft 1 is 14 years old". This is why I wrote the smiley after it.

Huncraft is not striving to be an expansion of Brood War. Developers even dont have time to support it a long time ago. I made the moddb page and the English walktrough. Because I think it is worth to finish the campaign once.
But I agree you, the story is ridiculous. I dislike that almost all hero of Starcraft 1 dies. No meaning of that. And of course, the sounds are not the best :)
But I like the missions and the new units. Various and a bit difficult missions. Compare them with Insurrection or Retribution which are authorized expansion sets by blizzard. Btw Huncraft is only not authorized because it is Hungarian and there are few Hungarian Starcraft buyers in the world.
If you consider that 17 and 18 year old boys made it in 2000, you can say that its good work.
See Huncraft only as an interesting try, but of course dont expect as much as you do in the case of official blizzard games. But I guess you would like to express that you are dissapointed about Starcraft 2 only.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

christo161 wrote:But I guess you would like to express that you are dissapointed about Starcraft 2 only.
Yup. Old habits dies hard...

Laconius
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Laconius »

Wow I just noticed this. I remember playing this nearly a decade ago and I always wanted to take another shot at it, but the link was always dead on the main page.

christo> Thanks a bunch for posting those links.
Ours is a thought-tormented age.
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

Man, this campaign is awful. I can't understand their reasoning behind their retarded plot execution either, so it's doubly awful. Blah.

Oh well. The more, the merrier.
christo161

Post by christo161 »

Well, many starcraft 1 heroes die in this campaign. Thats obviously a bad and useless point. The story is not the best part of this mod. But the maps are good and there are some new stuff in the game, new units, new heroes.
And if you consider that this mod made in 2001 by two 18 year old boys and some amateur sound actors, you may understand why isnt this mod perfect with today's viewpoint.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Nothing is perfect. This is just terrible. Invincible Marines, 40+ Battlecruiser spawns, indecipherable voice acting, all in the first two missions!

I wouldn't even consider it let's playable. And THAT'S a new low.
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church »

Pr0nogo wrote:indecipherable voice acting
Pr0 it isn't in english
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

you aren't in english
christo161

Post by christo161 »

I dont know are there even any people in this topic now, who like the game even a little bit, but if someone miss the English version, they can find a youtube walktrough in English.
http://youtu.be/FaBx6NrNuNs