About Kosseimaru's Hotkey

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Topic author
SilverGauntlet
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Re: About Kosseimaru's Hotkey

Postby SilverGauntlet » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:57 pm

SilverGauntlet wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ndYpPcY-Iw&feature=youtu.beI got a video for the overflowing of Seawing Dragons and the multiple spellcasters trained problem.

And I got the list of melee bosses in Free mode to add orbs: Metallus(already mentioned), Clench the Eternal, Nightmare Lust, Hikaru/Hikaru the Zealous.
My full opinion about special lines in NGP+ so far: I also to see Ziel having special interaction with bosses in district and the Black Pearl and that he face real Hikaru instead of the Zealous for him. I mean, he is worthy of one. And that Hikaru should not die straight away when he is defeated his comrades(Johan, Miranda), which I believe is hard to modify and unfair storywise. Mirror images of bosses (Kevin, Metallus, Clench, Nara - I only tested the first one so far) can have special voicelines when they meet their AI counterpart. About Heroes of Pentawa: Count Zule, Metallus (Darm), Ingram, Jarek, and Dalles should have voice lines when they meet Gina, since they are still her old comrades (In Metallus' case, Rhea did revive Darm as him). In my opinion, I hardly understand why only Gina got special lines of all of the storyline - out of all the important heroes I tested.
My conclusion is that I am quite satisfied with the range of special lines in Free Mode, I just see that there is potential for more special interactions.

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby RazorclawX » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Okay that was the East District where the North and the West Districts were stated before. I hadn't actually been looking at that level.

About Heroes of Pentawa: Count Zule, Metallus (Darm), Ingram, Jarek, and Dalles should have voice lines when they meet Gina, since they are still her old comrades (In Metallus' case, Rhea did revive Darm as him).

I don't think any of them can meet each other.

Unless I'm mistaken the Free mode path only meets Metallus, Kasumi, Clench, Shivak, Nara, and Rhea, and a good chunk of the interactions are done against Shivak because he's met more of the characters than any of the others outside the mains.

Then the alternate characters for the main paths don't really count as those characters as they're still just standins for that main character.

In my opinion, I hardly understand why only Gina got special lines of all of the storyline

Free Mode conceptually was to be a pseudo-Gina story mode. Although over time I really lost interest in her story because she turned out to be a carbon copy of Kagome from Inuyasha. Admittedly she was a blatant clone of Wang Yuanji from Dynasty Warriors with the whole knife nut thing.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future

Topic author
SilverGauntlet

Postby SilverGauntlet » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:35 pm

Okay that was the East District where the North and the West Districts were stated before. I hadn't actually been looking at that level.

It turned out I sometime mistaken East for West and vice versa, sorry about the confusion.
And as I do not encounter the problem all the time in my playthrough, it is highly likely to be a bug - limited to the Sorcerian Guardians in North and East Districts, although I thought at the beginning that it was an indication to not mess with them.

About Heroes of Pentawa: Count Zule, Metallus (Darm), Ingram, Jarek, and Dalles should have voice lines when they meet Gina, since they are still her old comrades (In Metallus' case, Rhea did revive Darm as him).

It was Rhea instead of Gina, my bad. I was thinking about Gina when I typed that part.
Admittedly, I had interest about what Heroes of Pentawa did, how Johan escape Purgatory, and did Scaldar joined the fight against Arthas and help rebuild the Coron-Nerub empire - if he survive.
Off Topic
Especially the last one, since rebuilding of Coron-Nerub is an idea that both WoW and WoS did not expand as of now, although I believe WoW will return its focus to Northend soon enough.

Free Mode conceptually was to be a pseudo-Gina story mode. Although over time I really lost interest in her story because she turned out to be a carbon copy of Kagome from Inuyasha. Admittedly she was a blatant clone of Wang Yuanji from Dynasty Warriors with the whole knife nut thing.

That explains things, I guess.
Off Topic
And I held the Black Moon Orbs in her run and still activate the ultimate, which do not stack with attack modifiers, for Chaos damage and crazier attack speed.
She is indeed a knife nut when I remove all the orb effects.

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby RazorclawX » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:21 am

It was Rhea instead of Gina, my bad. I was thinking about Gina when I typed that part.
Admittedly, I had interest about what Heroes of Pentawa did, how Johan escape Purgatory, and did Scaldar joined the fight against Arthas and help rebuild the Coron-Nerub empire - if he survive.

Well, I suppose in that case maybe some interaction would have been warranted if it had actually been planned out in detail at the time. It really hasn't as the deeds of the Heroes of Pentawa exist only as far as a general outline is concerned, where the idea was their adventures were a reflection of playing through the original three Sorcerian scenarios in different group combinations among the ten.

Basically if you played the original Sorcerian, made ten characters with those names, that's what it would look fairly close to (within reason of course, because you can't make a draconian in that game). I *THINK* I had a vague idea about which parties did what adventures, but that's probably lost somewhere in a pile of notes (which is just as well because I could have easily changed my mind about group compositions since then).

Most of the Heroes themselves are generic archetypes from Sorcerian:
Darm - Human Male Warrior
Dalles - Human Male Wizard
Ingram - Human Male Warrior
Princess of Azorbia (excuse me while I forget her name)- Human Female Wizard (I think)
Rhea - Elf Female
Rand - Dwarf Male
Sora - Elf Male
Zule - ??? (basically whatever, I think he was another Human Male Wizard archetype)
Gina - Human Female Warrior
Jarek - ??? (probably Dwarf or Elf Male)

Of the above the Azorbian Royal Couple probably got the most attention to them because they're based off Odysseus and Penelope from The Odyssey (with Hikaru as a stand-in of sorts to Telemacus).

And of course the big reason why only four of them went to Sorceria is because the party size in Sorcerian is limited to four. Some of the adventures only let you bring three characters, too.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future

Return to “Wanderers of Sorceria”