Concerning Book 2, Mission 3

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Xeth-Ban
Fired! Blocking the entrance with a “supply fort” is an inappropriate use of company minerals
Fired! Blocking the entrance with a “supply fort” is an inappropriate use of company minerals

Concerning Book 2, Mission 3

Post by Xeth-Ban »

Having recently downloaded the Third Edition versions of the campaigns, I have of course also been looking around for the journal entries in my latest playthrough. I could only find two on Mission 3, Part 2, but I located the third using Hokuto's Far Sight spell...Problem being, I can see no logical way to get to the dungeon section it is located. There are no teleporters - that I could find - to or from that section of the dungeon. Is this part only accessible using an item or ability (or something) available after New Game Plus, or am I just missing something here?

Also, one of the Mission 3 achievements mentions defeating Nara. She was nowhere to be found in either part of the mission - assuming she doesn't teleport/spawn when something specific is done. Is she a New Game Plus boss like Ekim etc. Or did I just not look hard enough? (I've probably levelled half the forests on the map by now.)
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Concerning Book 2, Mission 3

Post by RazorclawX »

Both of those are part of the New Game Plus. Some of the things in the first three Books are like that (I don't think stuff like that happens as much in the later three)
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Xeth-Ban

Post by Xeth-Ban »

Thank you for the swift reply. I suppose I have a couple of more things to add to my mental list of things to do in my next playthrough now.

At least I got some mechs in Mission 3, Part 1 out of my futile search for Nara. Didn't expect that.
KratosIrving
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by KratosIrving »

Going through WoS again, and I've been having a problem getting this Achievement and a similar one on 2-5 or 2-6, the level where Shyron's new form is the boss. Both of the Achievements are to find and defeat Nara, and while I can find her in both level through Hokuto's Far Sight or using the iseedeadpeople cheat, I can't figure out how to reach her. I've had New Game + for a while now and gotten every OTHER Achievement besides these two. Kind of at a loss on how to get them. :/
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Nara is accessed through the teleport maze. At one point of the maze you're teleported on top of a waygate; that's the gate that connects to her location.

It's basically a 'trick' because none of the other waygates in the teleport maze do that.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
X59

Post by X59 »

Removed. This was my original response and after I was able to create a topic I ended up reposting my comment and question (below), to see if posts after the first accepted post still needed to be accepted.
Last edited by X59 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X59

Post by X59 »

I'm playing a New Game Plus play through and I'm unable to access the that section of the map that contains the last journal entry. With iseedeadpeople active I've clicked on the journal and around the journal and Hokuto just goes towards the closet wall based on where she is and when I complete the mission, it just has it's end dialogue and then it goes toward the next mission.

So what can I do in order to get to that section of the map during a New Game Plus play through?
Drew
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Drew »

X59 wrote:I'm playing a New Game Plus play through and I'm unable to access the that section of the map that contains the last journal entry. With iseedeadpeople active I've clicked on the journal and around the journal and Hokuto just goes towards the closet wall based on where she is and when I complete the mission, it just has it's end dialogue and then it goes toward the next mission.

So what can I do in order to get to that section of the map during a New Game Plus play through?
You played new game plus and didn't get the extra boss battle? What level is Hokuto at in your playthrough?
X59

Post by X59 »

Drew wrote:
X59 wrote:I'm playing a New Game Plus play through and I'm unable to access the that section of the map that contains the last journal entry. With iseedeadpeople active I've clicked on the journal and around the journal and Hokuto just goes towards the closet wall based on where she is and when I complete the mission, it just has it's end dialogue and then it goes toward the next mission.

You played new game plus and didn't get the extra boss battle? What level is Hokuto at in your playthrough?
I'm pretty sure she was at level eight, maybe nine, but definitely not ten.
Drew

Post by Drew »

X59 wrote:
Drew wrote:

Now I understand. WOS new game plus sequences work by detecting the level of the hero, and triggering extra events if the hero has a high enough level. These events only trigger on earlier maps, where the hero is strictly "level-capped", and cannot reach the triggering level on the first playthrough. Main characters like Hikaru and Shizuka are almost always guaranteed to be level 10 when playing new game plus. Hokuto, not so much.

The easiest way to ensure all your new game plus characters are level 10 is to go to the 'fight dragon' map. There is an area off to the right with continuosly spawning monsters. Send all your heroes there and let them kill monsters for a while. There are no level caps on this map, so all your heroes will eventually reach level 10. Then click 'save new game plus', and all heroes should now be at level 10. Hope this helps.
X59

Post by X59 »

Drew wrote:
X59 wrote:
Drew wrote:

Now I understand. WOS new game plus sequences work by detecting the level of the hero, and triggering extra events if the hero has a high enough level. These events only trigger on earlier maps, where the hero is strictly "level-capped", and cannot reach the triggering level on the first playthrough. Main characters like Hikaru and Shizuka are almost always guaranteed to be level 10 when playing new game plus. Hokuto, not so much.

The easiest way to ensure all your new game plus characters are level 10 is to go to the 'fight dragon' map. There is an area off to the right with continuosly spawning monsters. Send all your heroes there and let them kill monsters for a while. There are no level caps on this map, so all your heroes will eventually reach level 10. Then click 'save new game plus', and all heroes should now be at level 10. Hope this helps.
Thanks Drew, this definitely helped me access that area during the New Game Plus play through.