Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Topic author
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Postby RazorclawX » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:25 pm

Because I moved the class changing to the Intro of Book 1 you currently have to run that again for the items to transfer correctly.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future

AngstyOwl
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Postby AngstyOwl » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:04 pm

I hate being critical of a campaign that brought me lots of fun in the past but the new models feel a bit of a step back compared to the older ones. Like, Hikaru's mouth is all weird and the quality in general seems a bit sub par, don't know if any further improvement is planned?

Topic author
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby RazorclawX » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:58 pm

I know people have that preference and that's essentially what the 3rd edition is for now, although I have no real plans to improve that further.

I have released a bugfix on that version earlier this year, but it's obviously still bugged in some ways. However, since it is the latest version of the 'original' version of the campaign that works on modern War3 I also treat 4th Ed as a reason to change things as I see fit.
-- Razorclaw X

AngstyOwl

Postby AngstyOwl » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:32 pm

No worries. :)

One more question though, could it be that the difficulty for version 3 is a bit wonky though? At least it seems to be a lot harder than I remember, Mission 1 went over fine, 2a was rough, and 2b is been a real struggle just on normal.

Topic author
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby RazorclawX » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:01 pm

It's quite possible that it is even though nothing actually changed.
-- Razorclaw X

Topic author
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby RazorclawX » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:46 pm

No actual updates to the campaign this time, but I recently discovered a much simpler way to convert WoW models... so this is what I've been working on in the meantime.

This little guy is something I'd been looking for a long time and it seems like nobody ever bothered to rip it... so I did it myself. It needs a bit more work done to it (like actually giving it the requisite Lumber/Gold animations like any other Worker unit), but this is what I'm thinking about replacing the Nerubian Spiderlings with.

I've already spent a good chunk of time fixing up the Scorpid (both the Vanilla and the Cata versions) for future use as well; merging them with the Arachnathid animations took a lot of time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- Razorclaw X

fosztogato
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Postby fosztogato » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:29 am

AngstyOwl wrote:No worries. :)

One more question though, could it be that the difficulty for version 3 is a bit wonky though? At least it seems to be a lot harder than I remember, Mission 1 went over fine, 2a was rough, and 2b is been a real struggle just on normal.

Dunno I felt the first 2 campaigns on hard lot easier than before.

Topic author
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby RazorclawX » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:25 am

News for 12/17/18

Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition updated with the following changes:

* General: Model updates for Cinder (God of Fire), Zule (he has HAIR! no more male pattern baldness), Gunther, Kasumi, Abolisher, Yue Fang, Miyuki, Sypha (human form), Kazgaroth, Ebon, Bannon, Spiderling, Nerubian Stinger, Mastyrial Warmage, Mastyrial Guardian, Queen Corona, Spinorak, Velcana, Chitinstrike, and other misc Nerubian Heroes ('Warriors', 'Rogues', and 'Casters'). Fixed Scaldar's model. Fixed Nargul's model.
* General: Fixed Nekurow's movement speed animations. Added support for various Heroes to accomodate Walk Fast animations. Abolisher's Necromorphosis has a slightly reduced cooldown and costs no mana and Raise Dead now costs only 25 mana.
* General: Added Gainaxing effect to the following front-heavy girls: Kasumi, Zava, Shyron, Sorana, Kotetsu, older Kurumi.
* Book 1, General: Book 1's Campaign Menu screen features Hikaru instead of a generic footman. Upres the texture for Hikaru's default sword so it doesn't look like a pixelated piece of crap (as much).
* Book 1, Book 2: Spinorak's Hero abilities are more story-appropriate than just straight Dreadlord abilities. Thunder Lizard creeps replaced by Jormungar.
* Book 1, Chapter 2, Epilogue: The Crypt Fiend NPCs in Coron Nerub are now living Nerubians matching their Book 2 appearance. Crypt Fiends are explicitly a product of the Army of the Dead-raised undead.
* Book 1, Chapter 2: The side quest "The Plague" is rewritten assuming that the malady is in fact a curse and not a disease.
* Book 1, Chapter 4: Mastyrial Warmages automatically start with all spells available.
* Book 1, Chapter 5: The Forge is unlocked along with the associated units when completing Ayame's side quest.
* Book 2, Chapter 2: Nerubian Webspinners are correctly available to train.
* Book 2, Chapter 4: Pre-placed Spitting Spiders replaced with Webspinners which supplanted them on the tech tree.
* Book 2, Chapter 7: Mizuki now has abilities to directly summon beasts instead of running to COPs. Replaced the Salamander Summon with a Stinger Scorpion and Blade Salamander with Blade Stinger.
* Book 2, Chapter 8: Fixed Czarzeau's model in the cutscene to match his previous appearances.
* Book 3, General: Book 3's Campaign Menu screen features Zule instead of a random red orc. Kagero and Kotetsu now have their own maid models (instead of the generic one) as their 'civilian' clothes. Kasumi and Kurumi also have similar 'civilian' clothes. Count Zule employs ninja maids.
* Book 3, Intermission 1: Jin Archers are now using the correct model. Depite the fact that Zule's Chaos Legion doesn't use Blood Riders anymore, one is still used here because it's not been revealed he's behind the attack yet; see below.
* Book 4, General: Changed the Blood Rider's model to the 'alternate' Death Knight model that's been laying around forever because it looks better.
* Book 4, 6: Fixed Shizuka costumes (Gothic Lolita, Alice cosplay). Fixed Kurumi (Zande)'s face. Vektra Prawns are now Vektra Harvesters (and therefore should no longer be confused with Summoned Prawns).
* Book 4, Chapter 7: Fixed Zava's name.
* Book 5, General: Book 5's Campaign Menu screen features Yue Fang instead of a slutmog Shizuka.
* Book 5, Chapter 1: The Nightblade's name is now fixed to Chitinstrike to match with the Achievement criteria.
* Book 5, Chapter 2: The Nerubian Army no longer owns the Airship Drydocks or Airships, and therefore will no longer attempt to defend their base with Airships. The Airships will still defend the Drydocks as usual.
* Book 5, Chapter 3: Fixed Yue Fang's mounted model's crappy animations. Added a new path between the Chaos Legion base and the main Arcadian base.
* Book 6, General: Book 6's Campaign Menu screen features a 'better' model of Shizuka. Free Mode Shyron given the correct version of Starfall (the one Shizuka uses in her 1P and 2P version from Books 1 and 2); she's now supposed to be mostly reminiscent of Shizuka's earlier ability set.
* Book 6, X2: Reduced the size of the Idol and Faerie skirt attachments so they aren't comically oversized. Slightly improved the Holiday outfit leg textures. Improved Holiday outfit skirt for Shizuka and Kurumi.
* Book 6: Changed Scaldar's Burrow Charge ability to be based on Dark Portal instead of Breath of Fire. Arctic Blast is now based on Breath of Fire instead (functionally this doesn't alter the ability).
* X1, X2: Changed Vance's Berserker Slash to be based on Dark Portal instead of Carrion Swarm.
* X1, Chapter 4: Added and moved some doodads to reduce the possibility of getting stuck behind obstacles you shouldn't be able to walk over.

Generally the Chaos Legion Heroes are arranged as follows: Zule's army uses Draconian Lord (Varaskil), Draconian Oracle (Kengal), and Kunoichi (casters and strikers). Generics use Blood Rider, Chaos Judge, and Chaos Giant (which only appears once because reasons).

TO DO: Sazabi, Jenna. Sazabi is Zandalari and Jenna is semi important and needs an update badly.

Maybe:
Jarek, Draconian Oracle, Shadra, Zande units. Shadra is also Zandalari, but she's very unimportant.
-- Razorclaw X

Return to “Wanderers of Sorceria”