Bootcamp - Updated 12-22-2007 (COMPLETED)

(December 27th, 2007 - March 24, 2008)

chris
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Re: Bootcamp

Post by chris » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:12 pm

Considering how bad ACMD0 was while managing to get third place while Legacy of the warrior was even worse I expected this campaign to be a total disaster. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that apart from pacing, gameplay time, excessively loud music, and difficulty (too easy) it's actually really well done and enjoyable. It's definitely a campaign that I would recommend for any beginner or casual player. It earns a passable 67% score, making it the best campaign to come out of this contest so far as well as the first campaign out of all the campaigns I have QA'd so far that I have entirely completed. I do still have to review dark swarm and the road to ruin (battle of ahman-ro) though and I expect those to be better but for now LoaM: Bootcamp is the best I've reviewed so far.

The scoring of both this campaign and the original life of a marine are available here:
chris wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:38 am
O=  :D
You were a fucking idiot chris.

edit:

I have completed playing through the original Life of a Marine campaign. Unfourtunately while bootcamp can be recommended, Life of a marine cannot. The pacing is intolerable, the plot suffers from hancock syndrome in addition to becoming gradually more and more incoherent. There are too much irritating pathing elements, and it features the most boring campaign map ever designed in the history of starcraft, the fourth mission.