The UDK Projekt - 2042

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

The UDK Projekt - 2042

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:47 pm

Though most of you already know, it has been my desire for a time to make a UDK project. To step away from modding and go into actual game design. Very recently, the UDK finally released an update containing their new Foliage system, the system I was waiting on to begin experimental mapping and all that. Though this is only a part of what I need to understand to begin work, it has been an intentional barrier obstructing any desire to put effort into the idea for nearly a year now.

The project initiated as an evolution of my Starcraft 2 campaign, but I quickly realized I did not care very much for the Armageddon Onslaught 2 universe. It is likely that if I had the skill and talent to bring it to life I could fill in the gaps, but I'd much rather work with something I've already established.

Loladins of Legend.

It started as a Wc3 AoS on this very forum, and was greatly expanded in the Age of Wonders 2 total conversion. LoL remains a young universe, and has a great deal of openness and mystery left to explore. Its care free, politically incorrect expression is perfect for this game concept.

For now, I focus on getting Black Sun episode 1 finished. But after that I have nothing left to tell myself I can't do, besides the process of learning what needs to be learned. Programming, modeling, mapping, everything inbetween. All I have done up to this point was nothing compared to what I will be undertaking. Even if failure is for certain, mods can do no more for me. I've outgrown the playground. I am as ready as I will ever be to enter the real world of game design. The only path is forward.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Return to “The Doackendium”